Varicose veins of the pelvic floor in men: symptoms, treatment and consequences
Mar 23, 2018
Varicose veins of small pelvis in men - a problem quite common.In most cases, varicose veins affect the male genital organs and carry the name of the disease varicocele.Table of contents: Characteristics of the disease and provoking factors What causes pathology?How does the pathology develop?Symptoms of varicose veins of the pelvis in men Consequences of varicose veins of the pelvis in men What is dangerous pathology?How is the diagnosis made?Treatment of varicose veins of the pelvis in males
Characteristics of the disease and provoking factors
Varicose veins of the pelvic floor in representatives of the stronger sex, mainly affects the area of the spermatic cord. A disease called varicocele is accompanied by an expansion of veins located in the area of the scrotum and spermatic cord.The youngest people of the age category from 16 to 25 years old are most affected by this pathology.
Important! According to statistical data, about 12% of the stronger sex, under the age of forty, suffer from varicocele.
The pathological process develops gradually and is accompanied by a decrease in the testes.Varicose veins affect the quantitative and qualitative parameters of the patient's semen fluid, significantly reducing the chances of natural conception.
Note: according to statistical data, 40% of cases of male infertility is due to varicocele disease!
What causes pathology?
Vein enlargement in the testicle in the stronger sex can be triggered by the following factors: :
- excessively intense and frequent physical activity;
- problems with defecation;
- disorders in the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract;
- weight lifting;
- lack of regular sex life;
- thrombosis of renal veins;
- tumor neoplasms of benign or malignant origin, localized in the kidney region;
- disorders in the work of venous valves of the spermatic cord;
- weakened venous walls;
- congenital pathology;
- hereditary predisposition;
- excessive tension of abdominal muscle groups;
- inguinal hernia;
- pathological changes in the tissue structures of the testicles and pelvic organs;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- processes of an inflammatory nature, proceeding in chronic form;
- improper power supply;
- abuse of alcoholic beverages.
Important! The main cause of varicocele disease is a valvular insufficiency of testicular veins, which can be both congenital and acquired character!
How does the pathology develop?
Specialists identify several stages of varicocele development. Each of them has its own specific features:
- The first stage is asymptomatic, practically not manifesting itself at all.
- The second stage is characterized by a slight venous enlargement in the penis and testicles.Perhaps the appearance of pain in the scrotum, genitals and the lower abdomen.
- For the third stage of development of the pathological process, an increase in the veins that is noticeable to the naked eye, a difficulty in the processes of urination and a pronounced pain syndrome are characteristic.
- Varicocele in the fourth stage is accompanied by a decrease in testes in size.The scrotum, on the contrary, increases several times.The patient is suffering from constant severe pain.
Note: varicose veins - a dangerous disease that requires a long-term competent treatment.Therefore, when the first suspicious signs appear, contact a specialist for help!
Symptoms of varicose veins of the pelvis in men
The brightness of clinical manifestations of varicocele depends on the stage of the pathological process.
According to experts, the following signs are characteristic for this pathology:
- pain in the scrotum;
- burning sensation localized in the testicles;
- atrophic changes in the testicles;
- disturbances of erectile function;
- difficulty in the process of urination;
- problems with natural conception;
- is a tumor that is localized in the scrotal area.
Consequences of varicose veins of the pelvis in men
Varicose veins in the testicles are one of the most common causes of infertility in men.The fact is that this pathology not only worsens quantitative and qualitative indicators of ejaculate, but also negatively affects the mobility of germ cells, which significantly reduces the chances of successful fertilization of the egg .There is also an increase in the number of defective spermatozoa.
The processes of seminal fluid production are also adversely affected by the increase in temperature indices in the testicles, which is typical for this pathology.
Note: to restore the patient's reproductive health, with a diagnosed varicocele it is possible to start a literate, adequate treatment course in time!
Than pathology is dangerous?
In addition to problems with the onset of natural conception, in patients suffering varicocele, according to doctors, the likelihood of developing the following undesirable complications is high:
- ischemic testicular disease;
- ovarian atrophy;
- disorders of a sexual nature;
- tears of venous nodes;
- is a hematoma in the scrotum area.
Please note: to prevent the adverse effects of this disease and reduce possible risks to minimum indicators will help timely access to a specialist and strict implementation of medical recommendations for treatment varicocele!
How is the diagnosis made?
When diagnosing a varicocele, a thorough examination of the patient is performed, a method of palpation is applied.The specialist studies the clinical picture and analyzes the patient's complaints.
However, the following types of diagnostic tests are assigned to the patient for the diagnosis:
- Spermogram - allowing to estimate the quantitative and qualitative parameters of the ejaculate.
- Ultrasound examination of the testicles.
- Thermography is a technique for detecting elevated testicular temperature in varicose veins.
- Phlebography is the most informative technique based on the introduction of specific contrast agents into the vessel area, which allows to evaluate the venous state.
- Rheography is a method for studying blood flow in an organ.
Important ! Only after a comprehensive diagnosis the doctor will be able to make an accurate diagnosis, establish the stage of the pathological process and determine the optimal, most effective way to combat this disease!
Treatment of varicose veins of the pelvis in males
In most cases, it is recommended that should be performed for members of the stronger sex with this pathology.Methods of conservative therapy can be quite effective in the early stages of the pathological process, in the absence of concomitant complications.
However, there are also contraindications to the surgical treatment of .In particular, physicians do not recommend surgery in the following cases:
- the age category of the patient is over 60;
- diabetes mellitus and other pathologies of the endocrine system;
- decreased blood coagulation;
- ulcerative lesion of the gastrointestinal tract;
- weakened immune system.
Important! Only the attending physician, on the basis of certain clinical indications, should decide on the expediency of surgical intervention in this or that case!
Conservative therapy in the control of varicocele includes the following methods:
- The massage of the testicle region - it helps to normalize circulatory processes and prevent the outflow of venous blood.The procedure gives a particularly good result in the first and second stages of the pathological process.
- Therapeutic physical training.Specially developed complex of gymnastic exercises allows to activate the outflow of venous blood from the area of the affected testicle.
- Drug therapy - aims to eliminate the characteristic of varicocele clinical symptoms.For these purposes, patients are prescribed preparations of venotonic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic nature.
The methods of sclerotherapy and embolization also apply to non-surgical methods for combating varicocele:
- The sclerotherapy method is based on the introduction of special substances in the area of the testic vein aimed at activating the processes of blood outflow from the area of the diseased testicle.
- Embolization is characterized by the introduction of a special spiral into the region of the affected vein, which prevents its further expansion.
Note: The described above methods are characterized by a low degree of trauma, minimally invasive and are performed under the influence of local anesthesia.
When is the operation necessary?
Among the main indications for the treatment of varicocele by a surgical procedure, the doctors identify the following factors:
- persistent, unbearably severe pain;
- problems with natural conception;
- ovarian atrophy;
- high risks of infertility development;
Methods of surgical treatment
For the successful control of varicose veins in the stronger sex, surgeons use modern techniques:
- Removal of the affected vessel.This procedure eliminates the reverse outflow of venous blood and normalizes circulatory processes in the testicle.This method is characterized by a low degree of trauma and financial accessibility, however, its drawbacks include a fairly high probability of a possible relapse.
- Removal of the affected area followed by vascular surgery, which contributes to the complete restoration of its functions.This method in the shortest time stabilizes the circulatory processes in the patient's testicle, without the risk of recurrence or the development of postoperative complications.
The average duration of the recovery period can be from 1 to 2 months.At this time, the patient needs to take anti-inflammatory drugs and wear special supporting bandages. Temporarily should refrain from sexual intercourse, lifting weights, excessive physical exertion!
Means from the box of folk medicine can be used to alleviate the patient's condition in varicocele, however, only as one of the constituent elements of complex therapy recommended by doctors!
Popular folk remedy, deserved a large number of positive reviews, the following :
- Apple tincture.In order to prepare this medicine, you need to peel and chop 3 small apples of medium size, pour them with boiling water and let it brew for about 3 hours.After that, the apple infusion is cooled and filtered.Drink apple medication is recommended on an empty stomach, on a tablespoon in the morning and evening hours.
- Wormwood compress.A spoonful of wormwood should be combined with an identical amount of sour cream.Then the mixture is applied to a clean gauze cloth and applied to the area of the diseased testicle.It is recommended to do such compresses for 5 days.
Important! Before using folk recipes, be sure to consult your doctor!
The following recommendations of the will help avoid small pelvis varicose veins:
- lead a lively lifestyle;
- in a timely manner treat constipation;
- Avoid smoking and alcohol abuse;
- engage in regular sex life;
- eat well and balanced;
- take special vitamin-mineral complexes designed for men.
Varicose veins of small pelvis in men - a serious pathology, fraught with impaired reproductive function and even complete infertility. The disease affecting the veins of the spermatic cord - varicocele, is treated, mainly, surgically.A healthy lifestyle and attentive attitude to one's own health will allow men to avoid such problems!
Betsik Julia, doctor, medical reviewer