How to relieve the headache - the popular headache pill
Headache is the most common type of pain.Headache can vary in intensity, be acute or noisy, have different localization and even appear at certain times of the day, or spontaneously.In medicine there is also the term "chronic headache", it is never considered as a separate symptom, since it is a combination of pathological changes in the body.Table of contents: Main causes of headache Anesthetics with "simple" headache Medicines for relieving the neuropathic headache Medicines for headaches against tumors Tablets against headaches for migraines What to relieve headache with increased intracranial pressure MedicationsFrom a headache with hypertension
The main causes of the headache
Immediately need to indicate that to find out the true cause of the headache canSpecialist.Moreover, most often in the diagnosis will work therapist, oculist and neurologist, in some clinics, practices and a specialist who deals exclusively with problems of headaches - a cephalothologist.
Before trying to get rid of the headache, you need to understand why it all originated.
- parasitic diseases in the brain, skull and meninges;
- diseases of the cranial nerves - for example, neuralgia of the trigeminal or facial nerve;
- tumor in the brain, skull or meninges;
- increased intraocular pressure;
- stroke hemorrhagic or ischemic;
- increased intracranial pressure;
- irritation of the meninges - for example, against the background of meningitis.
Note: headache never happens for no reason, this sign indicates the development of a pathological condition in the body that can affect both the vascular system and the nervous.
Painkillers for "simple" headache
This section will list medicines that can relieve the headache of unexplained etiology and intolerable.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs with a weak effect specifically for headache:
- anthranils - Revmond( Etophenamate) or mefenamic acid;
- based on acrylic acid - Ketofril, Ketorol, Ketanov, Ketorolac;
- derivatives of Pyrazolone - Tempalgin, Analgin, Propifenazone, Novalgin, Sedalgin, Baralgin;
- on the basis of paraminophenol - Cefekon, Kalpol, Fenacetin, Panadol, Paracetamol.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs with strong analgesic effect:
- oxicam - Movalis, Piroxicam, Amelotex, Arthrosan;
- derivatives of phenylacetic acid - Voltaren, Diklovit, Diclofenac, Orthofen;
- coxiba - Vioxa( Rofecoxib), Celebrex, Dilaxac;
- based on indoleacetic acid - Indomethacin, Nobelolac, Sulindac;
- derivatives of propionic acid - Ibuprofen, Ketonal, Haproxen, Flexen, Nalgezin;
- pyrazolidines - Butadione( Phenylbutazone);
- salicylic derivatives - Aspirin, Acecardol, Uppsarin, Diflunizal.
Locally irritating agents that work directly above the site of pain, are able to heat this skin area.This action increases blood flow, and along with local irritation there is a non-intensive analgesic effect.Local remedies that can help get rid of headaches include Capsicum, Vietnamese balm, Finalgon, Viprosal and ointment based on bee / snake venom.
Medications for getting rid of the neuropathic headache
In some cases, the headache occurs without visible external interference and inflammation - in this case, we will talk about the neuropathic nature of the pain syndrome under consideration.Such pains occur against the background of a pathological lesion of the central or peripheral nervous system. It is neuropathic pains that are related to chronic pain that occur against the background of the following diseases:
- Vascular pathology - for example, stroke;
- Multiple Sclerosis;
- HIV infection in which the visual mound, the cortex and the brain stem are affected;
- brain tumor, or metastasis in it;
- Parkinson's disease;
- neuralgia( neuritis) of the trigeminal and facial nerves.
Parallel to headaches in this case, a person will have a sleep disorder, often a depressed state develops.Therefore, neuropathic headaches are removed not only by medications, but also by psychotherapy and physiotherapy.
For neuropathic headaches, antiepileptic drugs will help patients:
- Lyrics( Pregabalin) are quite effective painkillers for neuropathic pains, but can be addictive and even addictive.It is released only on the prescription of the doctor, 150-600 mg of this drug will be needed to stop the intense headache of the neuropathic nature( depends on several factors - the true cause of neuropathic headaches, the age of the patient, the duration of the pathology).Pregabalin has enough powerful side effects - rapid heartbeat, severe dizziness, drowsiness.If this drug is taken concomitantly with drugs that depress the central nervous system, the patient may have a stop of breathing.
- Gabapentin is an anticonvulsant that can be taken only as directed by a doctor.Absolute contraindication to the use of this drug is the patient's hypersensitivity to its components, relative - pregnancy, lactation and kidney failure.Gabapentin also has side effects - instability of blood pressure, disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, irritation of the mucous membranes of the nose and eyes.
- Carbamazepine is the recognized leader in the treatment of neuritis of the cranial nerves.
Often doctors recommend using tranquilizers for the removal of neuropathic headaches:
- Valium, Elenium;
As a rule, drugs for neuropathic headaches are selected taking into account the diagnosis of the underlying disease:
- If there is a defeat of the trigeminal nerve, then the priority drugs are Finlepsin and Oscarbazepine.
- Diagnosed neuralgia of herpetic etiology - Pregabalin, Tramadol and Valproate( anticonvulsants).
- Central neuropathic pains - first prescribe Pregabalinum and / or Gabapentene, then( in the absence of efficacy) pass to the antiepileptic Lamotrigine.
Medications for headache against a backdrop of tumors
If a patient has a headache on a background of a malignant tumor of the cortex / shells of the brain or skull, he will be transferred to Tramadol or morphine-like analgesics of the central action.These two medicines are united not by the principle of their mechanism of action, but by the level of accounting for their intake. Tramadol is a weak opioid analgesic, but does not apply to drugs. Despite this, it is impossible to purchase this product in free sale - you will need to get a prescription from the attending physician, and it is given only by a special commission decision.
To more severe pain relievers include Omnupon, Promedol, Fentanyl and Buprenorphine.These drugs can oppress pain centers in the thalamus, cause euphoria and change the perception of pain.
Virtually all opioids are drugs that are addictive and addictive. If these drugs are taken in high doses, it can lead to respiratory depression and vascular center.
Migraine headache tablets
Headache associated with migraine can be alerted or stopped at the moment of presence. If a migraine headache is already present, then
- will help; non-steroid pain medications;
- selective serotonin agonists in tablets - for example, Rapimig, Noratriptan, Sumatriptan, Imigran and so on;
- Digidroergotomina mesylate, which relieves spasm of veins.
If migraine attacks occur no more than twice a month and the headache is not removed by the above medicines, the doctors prescribe:
- Nemotan and others.
How to relieve a headache with increased intracranial pressure
With high intracranial pressure, the headache will be intense and bursting.The main drugs that will help remove this unpleasant sensation are Diacarb in tablets, which is taken concomitantly with Panagin or Asparkam, and magnesium sulfate in injections.If conservative treatment does not have a positive effect, then doctors will prescribe a surgical procedure - patients are shunted to ensure the outflow of cerebrospinal fluid.
If it is a question of high intraocular pressure, then in case of headache, Arutimol, Kosopt, Travatan and other means will be appropriate in this case.
Drugs for headache with hypertension
Headache with increased arterial pressure will be localized in the occipital part of the head and accompanied by dizziness, nausea and vomiting.If you do not take urgent measures to stabilize the patient, then everything can end with hypertensive crisis or stroke - pathological conditions that present a real danger to human life.
Typically, the appointment for headache against the background of hypertension is reduced to ensuring the stabilization of blood pressure, so do "one tablet" will not work - you will need to undergo treatment .The list of drugs that will relieve the increased pressure and, therefore, the headache, include Valsartan, Hypothiazide, Lizinopril, Metoprolol, Amlodipine and others.Recommended reading:
Headache is a "signal" of the body that requires medical attention.Of course, people are accustomed to the appearance of uncomfortable sensations in my head taking a pill of anesthetic and this can also be considered a valid action. But if the headache:
- is permanent or appears at a certain time of day;
- is accompanied by nausea and dizziness;The
- is of a bursting character;
- has a clear localization,
then you must definitely consult a doctor - most likely, you will need to go through a full diagnosis and then a full treatment.To guard should the situation, when for the next restoration of state of health the person takes medicines for a headache in increased quantities.It must be remembered that the thoughtless use of medications, which are designed to relieve headaches, is fraught with unpleasant consequences.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category