Diet and exercises for restoring vision
Mar 25, 2018
The sight of a person, unfortunately, is a variable quantity - a disruption in the work of the organs of vision leads to its reduction, in some cases so that glasses and / or contact lenses can not be avoided.Naturally, vision does not disappear "suddenly and immediately," usually a person understands and realizes that there are problems in that direction.That's why doctors suggest not to hope for a miraculous self-healing, but to restore vision, especially since the techniques are quite sufficient.Table of contents:
Food to improve vision
To restore vision and to consolidate the result, you need to understand what substances have a beneficial effect on eye health - this will help to make a useful and rational menu.
It is well known under the name of beta-carotene and helps not only to restore vision, but also to maintain retinal health of the eye, to relieve dry eyes and excessive lachrymation.Of course, you can use special vitamin complexes, the basis of which is vitamin A, but it will be much more useful to include products with a high content of beta-carotene in the menu.
- Sorrel, green onions, celery leaves, different kinds of salads and garlic.A very small amount of beta-carotene is found in dill, but sorrel is worth noting - from all the greenery, which is used for food, it is he who is the leader in the content of the substance in question.It is interesting that vitamin A is preserved in full even after heat treatment of sorrel, so with this greens you can brew borscht, bake pies - the benefits of eye health will still be provided.
- Seabuckthorn, rosehip, mountain ash and apricot are considered leaders in the content of beta-carotene among berries.Much less of this useful substance for visions in cherries and plums, but ignore these berries is not necessary - even the minimum amount of vitamin A, getting into the body, begins to actively act on improving eyesight.
- Carrots, broccoli and white cabbage, potatoes, tomatoes, red pepper, pumpkin.Of these vegetables in general, you can prepare a full dish - and for the figure is useful for vision.Of course, the carrots are the leaders in this list - it needs to be introduced into the menu not only with existing problems with eyesight, but also as prevention.Melon and watermelon.These sweets contain a lot of vitamin A, and it is perfectly digested from melon, which will not differ honey, too sweet taste.
As for products of animal origin, they can also be met with beta-carotene, especially in the liver of birds and cattle, sour cream and cottage cheese.
Note: is reliably known that a lot of beta-carotene is contained in red palm oil.The problem is to find a really high-quality product, which is quite difficult in Russia.Therefore, it is better to manage more familiar food products.
The retina contains a lot of lutein, but the body does not produce this substance on its own - people have to "extract" it from the products. Lutein protects the retina from the harmful effects of external factors, which is responsible for the preservation of vision.Even if problems with vision already exist, foods with a high content of lutein will certainly be useful.
Specialists recommend to include in the diet :
- celery, spinach;Carrots and pumpkin
- any beans, including green peas;Persimmons, peaches and oranges;
If a person does not have allergies, then in order to increase the level of lutein in the human body, it is worth using egg yolk in boiled form.
It is important for the nutrition of the vessels of the eye, it is able to prevent the development of cataracts and other age-related changes.To the body has received a sufficient amount of vitamin E, you need to use 210 mg per day.
There are a lot of products with a high content of vitamin E - sea buckthorn, vegetable oils( corn and sunflower), nuts( hazelnuts, almonds, pistachios, peanuts, cashews), squid, viburnum, salmon, spinach, wheat, all kinds of dried fruits, pike perch.
In addition, the important elements for vision recovery are :
- Zinc.Contained in beef, nuts, kohlrabi, lentils, sesame seeds, milk, radish, walnuts, anchovies, white mushrooms.Zinc is needed to prevent the development of blepharitis and cataract, this element also acts as a preventive agent to prevent vision loss.
- Folic acid( vitamin B9).This substance ensures the maintenance of a normal level of hemoglobin in the blood, which causes the intake of the maximum amount of vitamins into the cells and tissues of the organs.Vitamin B9 is found in the liver of beef, boiled beans, tomatoes, avocados, ceps, champignons and leeks.Note: folic acid does not tolerate deep heat treatment, it is simply destroyed.Therefore, preference should be given to fresh products or minimal / rapid heat treatment.
- Vitamin B6.This substance has a direct effect on visual acuity and therefore it is necessary to saturate the body for preventive purposes. The leader in the content of vitamin B6 is pine nuts, but it should be taken into account that they should be consumed fresh. Even if they are simply dried, the amount of vitamin B6 decreases sharply, and when roasting pine nuts, it generally reduces to zero.A lot of the substance in question is found in milk, meat, fatty herring, white cabbage, red pepper, beans and green peas.
- Vitamin B12.He takes an active part in the processes of hematopoiesis, which causes normal nourishment of the eyes. If vitamin B12 is not enough in the body, then abundant lacrimation can begin, eyes will quickly get tired, which leads to a decrease in visual acuity. The substance in question is found in large quantities in sardines, sea bass, pork and lamb, cod, liver beef and pork, crabs, chicken eggs and sour cream.
Specialists emphasize the need to use grape seed extract and bilberry extract. Similar products can be purchased at the pharmacy, they must be taken in strict accordance with the instructions attached to the drug.Extracts of blueberries and grape seeds improve vision and help to normalize the eyes in case of diagnosed myopia, astigmatism and farsightedness.The regular use of these extracts negates the negative effect on the visual acuity of the computer monitor, improves the metabolic processes occurring directly in the retina of the eye.
Exercises for vision recovery
But no matter how useful foods with a high content of vitamins and trace elements, without carrying out special exercises to restore vision will not succeed.A lot of techniques have been developed, in our material we will focus only on the most popular of them.
Bates' vision recovery
Bates made a clear parallel between mental stress and vision loss, and therefore a set of exercises was developed that help to relax as much as possible and give the chance to your eyes to restore your health.
Exercise # 1
You need to sit on a chair, close your eyes and put your hands to them in such a way that your fingers are located on your forehead and intertwined with each other.The task of this exercise: with closed eyes for a few minutes to see in front of you only the black .Unfortunately, this can be achieved simply by turning off the light and squinting it - it's still possible to see some "flashes", stripes, and colored spots before your eyes.Help the brain will come - you need to imagine how all the colored inclusions close the black blobs, that is, mentally "clear" the space in front of him and make it completely black.In this case, breathing should be deep and calm.
Do this exercise unlimited number of times a day, as soon as fatigue begins to feel.One procedure should not last more than 5 minutes, it is very useful to perform this exercise before bed.
Even after opening the eyes, the state of complete relaxation of the organ of vision will persist, and this is an important time for restoring vision and preventing the development of various pathologies.
Exercise # 2
You need to remember something pleasant from your life, try to feel the favorite aroma or taste of .At such moments when a person surrenders to pleasant memories, his psyche is completely relaxed.If you can achieve this state, then after closing your eyes, immediately comes black.
It is advisable to perform the exercise before bedtime for 5-7 minutes.
Exercise # 3
You need to hang a table to measure your level of vision at a distance of 3-6 meters.Then close one eye and try to look at the letter in the lowest row, which allows you to see the vision.Now we close both eyes and begin to represent the same letter, but only in the maximum black color - it should literally merge with the blackness before the eyes.After that, looking at this very letter in the table, a clearer image of it is noted.
These exercises need to be done 3-4 times a day.
Exercise # 4
You have to stand up straight, put your hands to the sides and make turns of the head and torso 90 degrees to the right, then to the left. It is very important not to focus on the "flying" past objects - the eyes at the time of this exercise should be as relaxed as possible.
You can do another exercise - stand upright, pull out one hand and bring your index finger to the tip of your nose, but do not touch it.Now you need to move the head to the right / left in such a way that the eye does not sharpen at the tip of the finger.There will be a feeling that it's not a person moving his head, but a finger moving in space.
The method of restoring eyesight to Bates perfectly helps to restore vision with myopia and farsightedness, but only if the person is not wearing glasses or contact lenses. Even if glasses have become a familiar subject, the described exercises will be very helpful - vision can improve by a few diopters.
It is strictly forbidden to engage in restoring vision according to the Bates method to those people who have retinal detachment, or in the recent past an eye operation has been performed.
Vision recovery according to Norbekov
Exercise # 1
Keep your head straight and free of stress, look up, mentally penetrate under the eyebrows and into the podvolnoe space.Then also slowly return the view to its original position, when the sight is directed straight ahead.Then you need to look down as much as possible, trying to mentally enter the throat.
When performing this exercise, it is very important not to allow head movement - only the eyes work.
Exercise # 2
Do not change the position of the head, you must look first to the left as far as possible, then to the maximum to the right.At the same time, the head should not move, but mentally it is necessary to penetrate into the ear.
Exercise # 3
The view should move diagonally - first from the lower right corner to the upper left, then from the bottom left to the upper right corner.
Each of the above exercises can be performed up to 10 times.Be sure to rest your eyes - after completing the next exercise you need to often blink.
It is interesting that Norbekov does not have any scientific evidence of the usefulness of this technique, but considering the safety of the exercises, one can hope for the result of .At least, it will not get any worse, but the eye muscles will definitely strengthen and this will be the result.
It is strictly forbidden to restore vision according to Norbekov's method to people who have epilepsy and psychiatric disorders, alcohol and / or drug addiction, and a recent myocardial infarction.
Exercises for restoring eyesight on Zhdanov
These are perhaps the simplest exercises that you need to perform regularly. Zhdanov has developed a set of exercises:
- The look is directed forward, we do frequent blinking for centuries, without screwing up our eyes.This same exercise should be done after each subsequent session for 10 seconds.
- Move the view left / right and up / down.The pace of doing this exercise should be slow, some people feel nauseous at such a lesson, which means that you need to stop, take your mind off for 10 minutes and then start doing the gymnastics again.
- Looking "draw" a sinusoid, moving from the left corner to the right and vice versa.
- We present before our eyes a glass pipe, which is located vertically and with a look we try to wind the rope on it - we need to make 5 turns.Then we do the same, but imagine a pipe in front of it, which is located horizontally.
- Present in front of you the dial of the watch, look at 12 o'clock and move it for 3 hours, 6 for 9, and so on.At first the look should move clockwise, and after making two circles and, blinking 10 seconds, repeat the exercise, but in the direction counter-clockwise.
- Present a globe before your eyes, and try to unroll it by moving it along the equator.
It is necessary to perform gymnastics for Zhdanov 1-2 times a day.First, each exercise is repeated 6-7 times, but gradually the number of repetitions should be increased to 20. The duration of the course of performing gymnastics is 2 months and more.
Restoration of vision is a long-term thing.First you will need to visit an ophthalmologist and find out the exact diagnosis.Then go through the treatment with medications( in some cases, they can not do without) and only then consult about the advisability of using one or another method, as described in our material.
Konev Alexander, internist