Diet with pyelonephritis
Mar 25, 2018
Pyelonephritis in medicine refers to an inflammatory process that occurs in calyx and renal pelvis.This disease often develops from an acute form of flow into a chronic one, which is accompanied by frequent exacerbations.To such periods occur as rarely as possible, and there was a long-term remission of chronic pyelonephritis, doctors strongly recommend strictly adhering to a specific dietary diet.Table of Contents: Basic Principles of Nutrition for Pyelonephritis What You Can not Eat with Pyelonephritis What You Can Eat for Pyelonephritis Diet for Pyelonephritis in Pregnancy What will happen if you do not follow a diet with pyelonephritis
Principles of Nutrition for PyelonephritisWe recommend:
Why do you need to diet in case of inflammation of the calyx region of the kidneys, what tasks does the correct diet solve? Doctors made a number of goals, which are achieved by the correction of nutrition:
- creating optimal conditions for the urinary system, in particular the kidneys;
- reducing the load on the organs affected by the inflammatory process;
- decrease and stabilization of blood pressure( in the background of pyelonephritis, its indicators are usually elevated);
- reduction of frontal and peripheral edema;
- improve the process of removing toxins, slags, salts and nitrogen compounds from the body.
For pyelonephritis, it is recommended to adhere to the dietary table number 7( according to medical classification), which can be characterized by three positions:
- food restriction with protein content;
- Preservation of the amount of fat and carbohydrates delivered within the physiological norm;
- diet food should be vitaminized.
With pyelonephritis, you need to consume a certain amount of liquid - up to 3 liters per day, moreover, this number includes the first dishes, and tea, and compotes with fruit drinks.
People with diagnosed pyelonephritis should not just know what products they can and should use, and which ones should be discarded. The fact is that it is very important to follow certain rules:
- Dishes on a diet with pyelonephritis can be baked, stewed, boiled and even fried - with the disease being treated, only the urinary system is affected, the gastrointestinal tract works in normal mode.Food, by the way, does not need to be crushed - even large pieces of food do not increase the burden on the kidneys.However, it will be necessary to consult with a nutritionist, because when diagnosing diseases of the digestive system, the rule of eating dishes of any preparation does not work.
- Take food at least 4 times a day, it is better for the body will be a 5-time meal.With this regime, the body will constantly have the necessary supply of vitamins and micro / macro elements, and the kidneys will be able to process the body's vital activity in a normal rhythm.
- Be sure to limit the use of salt, food in general doctors forbid salt and only ready-made meals can be slightly adjusted to taste.Only you need to remember - people with diagnosed pyelonephritis can consume a maximum of 6 grams of table salt per day.This limitation is due to the fact that the accumulation of salt in the body( and in the inflammatory process of the kidneys cease to completely remove excess sodium ions from the body) provokes the appearance of peripheral and frontal edema, raises blood pressure, can cause the formation of stones in the kidneys and ureters.
- The patient should give up alcoholic beverages and not just limit their use during exacerbations, and forget about them even during prolonged remission.The fact is that alcohol has a crazy load on the kidneys, they start to work slowly and do not have time to remove toxins from the body.The result of this attitude to the recommendations of doctors will be swelling, exacerbation of the inflammatory process.
- No specific temperature regime for food diet for pyelonephritis does not imply.But, we will repeat, this rule operates only in the event that at the patient there are no disturbances in work of bodies of digestive system.
- Necessarily, in the diet, patients need to eat foods that have an alkaline effect - vegetables, fruits, milk.This is due to the fact that the acidic environment is considered the most favorable for the development of pathogens, and they are the provocators of the inflammatory process in the calyx-calcaneous region of the kidneys.
What can not be eaten with pyelonephritis
Patients with this disease should limit the amount or even eliminate the use of those products that have an irritant effect on the kidneys. These include:
- broths and soups in meat, fish soup broth - it is about the so-called "first" broths;
- the first dishes from beans;
- fish in salted and smoked form;
- any fat varieties of fish, river and sea;
- caviar of any fish;
- meat of fatty varieties;
- lard and visceral fat;
- bread with the addition of salt;
- any flour products with the addition of salt;
- mushrooms of any kind and cooked in any way;
- strong tea and coffee;
- confectionery products( pastries and cakes);Sorrel and spinach;
- ;Radish and radish
- onion and garlic;
- sausages and sausages - boiled, smoked, fried and baked;
- any smoked products;
- cheeses are hot and sharp;
- canned meat and fish;
- marinades and pickles;
- sour cream of high fat content.
What you can eat with pyelonephritis
In fact, in food for the disease under consideration, you can use most of the usual products.For example, doctors recommend to enter into the diet vegetables and fruits, milk and various drinks. List of foods and dishes approved for use in the pyelonephritis diet:
- any products from a yeast-free dough, but without the addition of salt;
- bread, preferably yesterday and cooked without the addition of salt;
- soups with milk and vegetable broth;
- "secondary" meat and fish broths from low-fat products;
- any bird and low-fat meat, just remember that before cooking and stewing it is better to boil;
- not strong black tea, green tea;
- fruit and decoction of rose hips;
- was sour from vegetables and fruits;
- squash, pumpkin, potatoes;
- any greens, carrots and beets;
- any salads from vegetables - both raw and boiled;
- absolutely all cereals;Oils
- - vegetable and unsalted cream;
- any sauces - tomato, sour, milk;
- citric acid, vanillin and cinnamon;
- various spices and condiments( be careful with sharp additives!);
- boiled eggs or steamed omelet;
- milk and all lactic acid products.
Diet for pyelonephritis of pregnant women
If the disease in question is diagnosed in women during pregnancy, nutritionists for them develop a slightly different diet. It is strongly recommended that the following foods and dishes be included in the menu of a pregnant woman with diagnosed pyelonephritis:
- boiled chicken without skin;
- whole milk and low-fat cream;
- fermented and kefir, sour cream and yogurts with a minimum percentage of fat;
- dietary bread without salt;
- baking is not easy;
- omelettes, steamed, boiled eggs, but no more than 2 times a week;
- fish boiled or baked( skin removed);
- not strong black tea with the addition of milk, fruit drinks and fruit jelly;
- zucchini, eggplant, cucumber, carrot, fresh tomato;
- apples, pears, grapes;
- some spices - it is allowed to add cloves, parsley, dill, bay leaf and cinnamon to dishes;
- porridges cooked without the addition of salt.
If a woman with a diagnosed pyelonephritis is pregnant, she needs to exclude from the diet acute, acidic, pickled and salted foods, beans, mustard, cocoa, buttery cakes, sorrel, radish and spinach.
Note: during pregnancy, almost all medicines are banned for use, so the inflammatory process in the calyx-kidney kidney should be "contained" precisely by diet.
What happens if you do not follow a diet with pyelonephritis
Many patients with chronic pyelonephritis, unfortunately, ignore the recommendations of a nutritionist and constantly violate the prescribed diet.No, during periods of exacerbation of the inflammatory process, even the most disorderly patients remember the need to exclude provoking products from the menu, but as soon as the disease enters the remission stage and all the pronounced symptoms disappear, they allow themselves to relax. They hardly realize the seriousness of pyelonephritis, because even with a simple diet violation, the following complications can occur:
- The inflammatory process starts not only to progress, but also spread to the tissues surrounding the kidney - this condition is called paranephritis;
- with a probability of up to 87% in a kidney patient, stones will begin to form - pyelonephritis and urolithiasis in tandem pose a threat to human life;
- if in chronic pyelonephritis the periods of exacerbation of pathology are fixed too often, then doctors start to put a high level of risk of development of carbuncle or abscess in the kidneys - there is literally purulent melting of the kidney;
- kidneys work not only with impairments, but in an unacceptable mode, which as a result can lead to renal failure - a condition requiring immediate medical attention, surgical intervention and removal of the affected organ;
- with constant violation of the diet in the body accumulate toxins, which can "pour" in the bacteriotoxic shock - only patients can bring it out of the patient.
Treatment of pyelonephritis, which takes place in chronic form, is always prolonged, doctors say that it is impossible to fully recover, but the probability of a long-term remission of pathology is very high.In order for the inflammatory process in the calyx-calyxal kidneys to stop in its development, it is necessary not only to fulfill all the prescriptions of the attending physician, take courses of physiotherapy and sanatorium treatment - it is very important to comply with the regime and diet.
Yana Tsygankova, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category.