Prostatitis: causes, symptoms, treatment with medicines and folk remedies
Prostatitis is an inflammatory process localized in the prostate gland.This pathology is quite common and is often diagnosed in the reproductive age of men.The prostate( the second name of the prostate gland) is located under the bladder and partially surrounds the urinary tube( urethra).Therefore, even a slight dysfunction of this organ leads to disturbances in the work of the genitourinary system.Table of contents: Causes of prostatitis development Symptoms of inflammation
Causes of prostatitis
Prostatitis is classified as an inflammatory process, but this does not mean that it is caused exclusively by pathogenic microorganisms. Doctors( diseases of the male reproductive system are engaged in andrology) distinguish several reasons for the development of the pathology in question:
- Blood congestion in the small pelvis.This refers to the violation of blood microcirculation in the prostate gland and nearby organs, which provokes an increase in the organ.A violation can occur against the backdrop of a sedentary lifestyle, obesity( it need not be critical), in the postoperative period.
- Infection of the genitourinary system.Most often, doctors when examining a patient with prostatitis produce gonococcus, staphylococcus, chlamydia and trichomonads.Very rarely, the infection can penetrate the prostate gland against the background of sore throat or flu - in which case the inflammatory process under consideration is differentiated as a complication.
- Regular trauma to the pelvic organs.For this reason, prostatitis develops in drivers - they constantly get a load on the perineum, the prostate glands and vibrates.
- The ingress of bacteria through body fluids.In the body of each person there are colonies of bacteria living in the intestine and urethra.In the ordinary state they are absolutely harmless and only under favorable conditions( weakening of immunity, long-term administration of medications, chronic diseases, human immunodeficiency virus) they become pathogenic and cause inflammatory processes.To get into the prostate gland these bacteria can through blood or lymph.
- regular supercooling - this may be due to the peculiarities of working conditions or ignoring the rules of wearing clothes in specific periodsof the year;
- disruption in the endocrine system - excessive or insufficient production of male hormones, diagnosed diabetes mellitus;
- too active sex life, as well as prolonged abstinence - prostate gland is depleted;
- any chronic diseases - there are officially recorded cases of prostatitis on the background of untreated bronchitis, caries, cystitis, urological infections.
Symptoms of the inflammatory process
Andrologists distinguish between the main and indirect signs of the developing inflammatory process in the prostate gland. The main symptoms are very pronounced:
- urination becomes frequent, regardless of the amount of fluid used;
- immediately the moment of outflow of urine - painful, the man experiences rez and burning in the urethra;
- increases body temperature( hyperemia) to critical levels.
These symptoms are very quickly associated with burning in the area of the entire crotch and pain during defecation.
Indirect signs of the inflammatory process in the prostate gland are not so noticeable, but men should not ignore them:
- ejaculation becomes too accelerated - shortens the time of sexual intercourse;
- an erection can be quite long lasting at night;
- decreased sexual desire - partial or complete;
- , "flakes" or white "threads" appear in the urine.
Note: , these indirect signs indicate the very beginning of the development of the inflammatory process under consideration - it is perfectly treatable and proceeds without complications.
For more information on the symptoms of prostatitis, you will receive by viewing this video review:
Prostatitis is classified into acute and chronic form of the flow, for each of them there are signs.
Acute form of prostatitis
Acute prostatitis always starts suddenly and manifests itself:
- with fever;
- with prolonged pain in the perineal region;
- frequent urge to the toilet;
- by releasing a very small amount of urine when feeling full of the bladder.
Note: The most dangerous condition in the acute form of the inflammatory process of the prostate gland is considered to be urinary retention.In this case, the man will have a strong desire to go to the toilet, but the urine will not stand out even with strong natuzhivanii.Acute urinary retention is accompanied by severe pain in the anatomical location of the bladder, a sensation of pressure - patients describe their condition "now it will burst the bubble."The condition requires immediate medical care, which consists in using a catheter - it is injected into the urethra and bladder, literally "pushing" the swollen gland.Once the catheter reaches the bladder, the outflow of urine begins and the patient immediately feels relieved, his condition is normalized for a short time.
Chronic form of prostatitis
This kind of the considered pathology proceeds practically asymptomatically - occasionally a man experiences short-term pain in the perineum( similar to a lumbago), notes changes in the sexual act - he can either lengthen or contract.In addition, the patient becomes irritable, the night sleep is restless, the urine stream may become weak( this is due to the narrowing of the urinary canal), in the morning, white clots in the form of flakes or filaments may be present in the urine.
Note: is a chronic form of the inflammatory process in the prostate gland that can develop imperceptibly for the patient himself.The fact is that at a young age the prostatitis of an acute form proceeds with mild symptoms, and if a young person is addicted to alcohol or too keen on his work, then he does not have time to pay attention to changes in urination or periodic pain in the perineum.Symptoms of acute prostatitis will disappear with time, but this does not mean that the disease has receded - it simply acquired a chronic form.
Methods for treatment of prostatitis
Treatment of the inflammatory process in the prostate gland should only take place under the supervision of an andrologist.He not only diagnoses prostatitis proper( often its symptoms are identical to prostate cancer), but also reveals the true cause of its appearance.In general, several different therapies can be used to treat inflammation of the prostate.
Antibiotics( antibiotics) may be prescribed for prostatitis, but only if pathogenic pathogens have been identified and recognized as the cause of pathology development during the examination.Simultaneously with antibiotics, the patient is given probiotics or prebiotics - drugs that normalize the intestinal microflora and resist the development of pathological processes in it.
If the inflammatory process starts as a result of the negative impact of external factors( hypothermia, trauma), then anti-inflammatory non-steroid preparations will be prescribed.
For hormonal disorders a man must undergo a course of hormone therapy.
Please note: treatment with medicines is very variable, so it should be selected individually - self-medication is strictly prohibited in this case.
Treatment of inflammation of the prostate gland should be carried out in a complex manner. And against the background of the use of drugs will effectively perform certain physiotherapy:
- Electrostimulation - accelerates metabolic processes, provokes more active production of hormones, restores the structure of the gland.
- Magnetotherapy is a painless procedure that helps to reduce the level of inflammation and get rid of edema of the prostate.
- Massage of the prostate gland - it is carried out only after carrying out medical measures in relation to acute inflammation, the procedure is painful, but very effective.
Note: recipes from the category of traditional medicine should not be the only method of treatment - they can only speed up the therapeutic process and improve the effect of taking medications and carrying out physiotherapy procedures.
The most effective and safe methods of folk treatment include:
- Drinking pumpkin seeds.They contain zinc, which is an essential element for men's health, so with the prostatitis you need to eat 30 raw seeds 30 minutes before meals throughout the course of therapy.
- Pumpkin and honey balls.Peel 100 grams of raw pumpkin seeds, chop them in a meat grinder( or in a blender, but not into small crumbs) and mix with 200 grams of honey.From the mass obtained, roll small balls and store them in the refrigerator.Before eating( for 30 minutes) you need to eat 1-2 balls - do not chew it, it is better to slowly dissolve.Treatment with this recipe continues until the disappearance of symptoms of prostatitis.
- Decoction of leaves of hazel.You can collect hazel leaves yourself, but you can buy dry raw materials in the pharmacy, a glass of boiling water per tablespoon of the source.The broth is brewed as regular tea for 20 minutes, filtered and taken at 50 ml at least 4 times a day. Note: in pharmacies is sold and corn kernels - it can also be used in the treatment of prostatitis and for the same prescription.But keep in mind that for the crust the brewing time is doubled.
- Parsley juice.Prepare it from the green leaves of the plant and take 1 dessert spoon 3 times daily before meals.
- Decoction of parsley seeds.It is necessary to take 1 tablespoon of parsley seeds, pour 400 ml of boiling water and insist for 2 hours( you can do it in a thermos).Take a decoction every day in the morning and in the evening in the amount of 1 tablespoon.
In any case, no matter how safe the remedy seems, you need to first get a consultation from your doctor.For example, if a man has a cholelithiasis in addition to prostatitis, then the use of pumpkin seeds is strictly prohibited - any appointment is made in strictly individual order.
You will find out about other popular therapies by watching this video review:
Diet and lifestyle
For a better result during the therapeutic measures in relation to prostatitis you need to adhere to a certain diet.It is supposed to exclude from the diet fatty meat, smoked and too salty dishes, butter products and chocolate.In the menu you can include fish and seafood, milk and its derivatives, vegetables, steamed.It is very useful for the prostatitis to use freshly prepared juices from vegetables and fruits - they will help strengthen and restore the immune system.
During therapy, you should exclude alcohol and lead an active lifestyle - at least, perform morning exercises, walk more and get rid of extra pounds.
Prostatitis is not considered a life-threatening disease for men, but ignoring its symptoms can lead to severe complications.One of the most difficult consequences is male infertility and loss of erectile function, which often occurs with prolonged chronic prostatitis.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category.