Dermatitis Dermatitis, or herpetiform dermatitis: symptoms and treatment
Diseases of the skin that are characterized by a grouped rash( it is always located symmetrically) and chronic course with frequent relapses have a common name - herpetiform dermatitis of Dühring.Often, as a symbol of this pathology, one can find "Dühring's disease", "pemphigoid dermatitis", "herpetiform dermatitis".Table of Contents: Causes of Dermatitis Dermatitis Symptoms of Dermatitis Dermatitis Dermatitis During in Pregnancy Diagnostic Measures Dermatitis Treatment Duration of Prophylaxis
Reasons for the development of dermatitisRecommended:
Even with all the possibilities of modern medicine, the exact causes of the development of the present skin diseaseAre unknown.But this is not a problem - it is important that doctors perfectly know the methods of treatment of pathology.
Of course, the research is underway and it has been suggested that Dühring's dermatitis has an autoimmune mechanism of "triggering" - the body perceives its cells as foreign and begins to release antibodies directed at their destruction.But there is also an important clarification: the development of herpetiform dermatitis is directly associated with poor gluten tolerance, so there is a high risk of developing the disease in those people who have a history of intolerance to gluten-free cereal protein.
Note: , many scientists are inclined to believe that a key role in the appearance of Dühring's dermatitis is played by genetic predisposition and hypersensitivity to iodine.
Symptoms of the dying dermatitis
In general, the symptoms of herpetiform dermatitis are quite pronounced, so there are usually no difficulties in diagnosis. The clinical picture of the disease under consideration will be as follows:
- A person begins to experience general weakness and slight tingling of the skin before the appearance of visible signs of Dühring's dermatitis.
- Almost all patients report an increase in body temperature to subfebrile indicators.
- There are reddening on the skin, and at the same time, and rashes.As a rule, the rash appears on the elbow and knee folds, buttocks, trunk.
Note: on the mucous membranes, the rash with Dühring's dermatitis appears extremely rare - this is not a characteristic sign of the disease.
- All places of the rash are accompanied by a sufficiently noticeable burning and itching.
Skin redness in the disease under consideration is always distinguished by a rounded shape and clear boundaries. But the rash may be different:
- small bubbles, which are absolutely identical to the manifestations of herpes( hence one of the names of the disease in question);
- bubbles in diameter up to 2 cm with purulent or transparent contents;
- small seals that rise above the level of the skin( papules) with clear boundaries and peeling surface.
Most often, the bubbles open themselves( sometimes this happens against a background of severe itching), and then crusts and erosion are formed.
Durhythm Dermatitis occurs always paroxysmally, with remissions and relapses.There are exceptions, when rashes last a long time, despite the treatment.
Durhythm Dühring during pregnancy
Most often, herpetiform dermatitis occurs 3-5 months of pregnancy, although there are exceptions when the symptoms of this skin condition appear in the postpartum period.
The examined pathology during pregnancy is a rash on red spots, which has the appearance of cone-shaped vesicles with purulent contents.During the development of the disease, the vesicles merge, burst and grow into crusts.The rash of herpetiform dermatitis during pregnancy is always accompanied by severe itching.
Please note: if a woman has recovered from the disease in question during pregnancy, then there is no guarantee that this disease will not reappear on the next conception.Quite the contrary.
Doctors diagnose Duhring's dermatitis based on blood tests, characteristic symptoms and samples with iodine.At laboratory research of blood at patients disturbance of albuminous and water-salt balances, increase of level of eosinophils is marked.
With herpetiform dermatitis, patients are always noted for hypersensitivity to iodine, therefore a Yaddasone test is mandatory.The procedure consists in applying a compress to the healthy area of the skin with ointment of potassium iodide( 50%), and confirmation of the diagnosis will be the appearance of rashes under the compress maximum after 2 days.
Treatment of Dühring dermatitis
Treatment of the disease under consideration consists in the appointment of a complex therapy:
- Diet with Dühring dermatitis.It will be gluten-free, that is, of cereals, buckwheat, legumes, corn and rice are allowed.Also from the menu you need to exclude all products that contain iodine.
- Sulfanilamide preparations or Dyuzifon.These drugs are prescribed in a dosage of 0, 05-0, 1 g twice a day, and the intake courses are 5 days with an interval of 2-4 days.For a full treatment is 3 cycles.
Note: simultaneous application of Dyuziphon and sulfonamide preparations is strictly prohibited.
- Folic acid and vitamin B12.They are necessary as an anemia prophylaxis, since such a condition almost always develops against the background of the use of sulfanilamide preparations.
- Glucocorticoids.They are prescribed only in the severe course of the disease in question, the dosage is established in a strictly individual order.Topical application agents.
- .These are ointments with glucocorticosteroids and aniline dyes, which are applied to the affected areas of the skin - these drugs quickly and effectively relieve the patient of itching and burning.
As soon as the disease enters the stage of remission, the patient is recommended to undergo sanatorium treatment - it is very effective to take hydrogen sulphide baths.
If a person has a genetic predisposition to Dühring's dermatitis, then preventive measures should be taken to prevent its development.As part of prevention, it is necessary to adhere to a strict gluten-free diet and to exclude the use of products containing iodine in the composition.
Herpetiform dermatitis is considered one of the complex skin diseases, which can not be cured at all.It proceeds in chronic form and therefore patients are forced to struggle for life and prevent exacerbations of the disease.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category.