When does the child begin to turn over and should he help?
Doctors always ask parents to note at what age their child begins to turn over.This is due to the fact that in order to understand the correctness of the development of the child, it is necessary to take into account many features, including the motor functions of the muscular corset.If the turn on the side and on the abdomen of the child began in a timely manner, this indicates the motor activity of the newborn and the new phase of its development.Table of contents: When the child rolls over How to teach the child how to turn around Features of health education The child does not turn over at 6 months - what to do
When the child turns over
It is impossible to specify the exact age when the baby needs to make the first turn - everything depends on several factors:
- presence or absence of birth injuries or severe pregnancy;
- the weight of the baby both at birth and at a certain age;
- absence / presence of hypertonic muscle in the infant;
- the temperament of the child.
If the child has a small weight, is actively interested in the surrounding world, then he will start making the first coups on his side and even on his tummy already in two months.But a more well-nourished, quiet baby can begin to turn qualitatively only to half a year's age.
Note: pediatricians are recognized as the norm if the first coup occurred at the age of 2-6 months.Fluctuations in 1-2 weeks from the borderline does not mean a lag in development or violations of motor functions.
How to teach a child to turn over
Even if Mom is confident in the absolute health of her baby, you should not sit idly by, and wait for the moment of the first coup - by quite really simple methods to "push" the baby to this action.
In no case can you teach a baby to roll over if he does not know how to keep the head and lie on his stomach!Before carrying out any exercises should always consult a pediatrician.
Pediatricians recommend that the child:
- gymnastics - reduction / dilution of the lower and upper extremities, flexion / extension of large joints;
- massage - stroking / patting the limbs, back and abdomen;
- Active water procedures - to put on a child a special collar so that he can independently "swim", move in water.
In most cases, parents only need to be interested in the baby, stimulate his natural curiosity - for example, put a bright toy in the right position.If the baby does not show motor activity at all, then the parents can easily pull the crumb by the handle in the right direction or throw one leg to the other.But parents should understand that all exercises for the development of motor activity in an infant should only take place in a good mood, such activities should not cause negative emotions.
Features of health-improving physical training
Parents should closely monitor the physical development of their child, and once it starts to roll over, it is worth highlighting a number of factors:
- The baby must use two sides for turns.If the child turns only through one side, it can lead to the development of asymmetry of the spine, which will adversely affect the development of the muscles of the back.To teach the child to turn in both directions, you can use bright toys - to put them in the right direction.
- If a child has a bad mood, and he is naughty, then there is no question of any physical exercises.Perhaps this mood is associated with hunger or a desire to sleep and the child, after all, will associate any motor activity with discomfort.
- Parents should remember that each child develops individually, so you do not need to demand anything from crumbs against his wishes.It is advisable to limit oneself to massage and water procedures, and to leave physical exercises for a more senior age.
- If the child has already learned to turn over, parents should become even more attentive.All procedures with the baby should be carried out only on a flat surface and ensure the limited space for the baby.
- If the baby actively turns over on the stomach, this does not mean that it will reverse with the same ease in the opposite direction( on the back).Parents should always be near the crumb to help him return to the starting position.
The child does not turn over in 6 months - what to do
First of all, parents should not panic!There are a number of reasons that are not caused by the physical condition of the infant's muscles and do not at all indicate pathologies of development. These include:
- the temperament of the baby - there are children who are calm and slow in any situation;
- neurological features - for example, uneven muscle tone, but this problem( due to its early manifestation) is solved by gymnastics;
- lack of incentive - is noted, as a rule, in those children whose parents / grandmothers guess their every desire and do not give the chance even to move in the right direction.
Note: in any case, parents should seek advice from a pediatrician if their child does not turn over in 6-7 months.Such a problem can be caused by both a backlog in physical development and neurological pathologies.Quite probably, it will be necessary to spend high-grade treatment with application of medical products.
Physical activity at any age is a guarantee of health, and in relation to newborn children also guarantee their normal development.Small loads will only be useful, and the ability to roll over will become a "push" to the acquisition of the next skill.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category