Consequences of bleeding during pregnancy and their prevention
Bleeding during pregnancy is in any case an alarm signal, which requires close attention to the problem and prompt treatment in a medical institution.Depending on the cause that caused bleeding, the consequences of this phenomenon are very different.In some cases, complications may not be at all, and sometimes they are very sad, and in the struggle for the life of the mother and child, the bill goes on for minutes.
Obstetric bleeding, depending on the classification, implies a different treatment tactic, which in its main direction lasts for 2 options: the preservation or non-retention of pregnancy.Table of contents: Possible consequences of obstetric haemorrhage in pregnancy Preventing bleeding during pregnancy How to behave during bleeding during pregnancy
Possible consequences of obstetric bleeding during pregnancy
The probability of after-effects after bleeding is always relative, no one can say for sureWhether they are or not.Statistics show that every 4 pregnant women have bleeding during the period of gestation.At 50% it has no negative consequences, that is, a woman carries and gives birth as a result to a healthy child.And the other half of patients( about 15% of all pregnant women) have either a miscarriage or another complication.Often the cause of bleeding in the early stages is not established.
You can save pregnancy after bleeding in the case when the uterus has not yet changed, and the woman turned to the doctor on time.Usually they try to keep the pregnancy with a slightly shortened cervix, slightly open to her throat, uneventful bloody discharge.If the changes are more serious, they resort to curettage( in early terms) or are allowed into labor( late pregnancy).
The result of bleeding during pregnancy can be such complications and consequences as:
- premature birth;
- ectopic pregnancy, when a fetal egg is implanted not in the uterine cavity, but in the treb or cervix;
- intrauterine or antenatal fetal death due to bleeding is the result of placental pathologies;
- detachment of a normally located placenta;
- spontaneous abortion;
- varicose veins of the genital organs;
- maternal death - obstetric hemorrhages rank first among causes of maternal mortality;
- fetal hypoxia - is formed with its insufficient blood supply and lack of oxygen in the blood due to the exfoliated placenta; ASW34ASD The Kuveler's uterus is a complication - the result of premature detachment of the normally located placenta, when blood accumulates between the uterus wall and the placenta, forming a hematoma, which causes the walls of the uterus to become impregnated with blood;
- syndrome of disseminated intravascular coagulation is a very dangerous condition, which is based on the disruption of the blood coagulation system.
- hemorrhagic shock is a specific reaction of the mother's body to the loss of a significant amount of blood, which is manifested by a disruption in the functioning of vital systems( respiration, circulation and nervous system);
- Shihan syndrome is the result of bleeding in labor;Its other name is postpartum hypopituitarism, which is manifested by ischemia of the pituitary gland and the formation of its insufficiency( the pituitary gland is the gland that is responsible for the regulation of the operation of other glands, and the lack of its blood supply may lead to the lack of production of vital hormones).
Prevention of bleeding during pregnancy
Obstetric bleeding is very dangerous, because women who carry a child have a "readiness for shock".This means that when opening the bleeding, they quickly deplete the vascular reactions, and their body reacts poorly to the preparations of steroid hormones.
In order to minimize the death rate( child and maternal) it is important to clearly organize the prevention of uterine bleeding.This includes :
- formation of risk groups for bleeding;
- restriction of sexual contacts;
- creating a favorable and tranquil atmosphere for a pregnant woman;
- treatment of any chronic as well as gynecological pathologies before pregnancy;
- prenatal hospitalization for a couple of weeks before the date of delivery;
- birth of a child in the optimal reproductive period of a woman's life( 18-35 years);
- planning a woman's pregnancy to timely identify and treat chronic pathologies before it occurs;
- timely treatment of the patient in the women's consultation regarding registration - this must be done before the 12th week of pregnancy;
- elimination of the increased tone of the uterus with the threat of premature birth through the use of tocolytics;
- timely detection and therapy in pregnant women with placental insufficiency, gestosis, hypertension;
- regular visit to the obstetrician-gynecologist during the bearing of the child according to the trimester of pregnancy( 1 trimester - 1 time in 30 days, 2 - every 3 weeks, 1 - 1 times a week);
- delivery of all necessary analyzes;
- compliance with dietary recommendations and diet if necessary;
- walks in the fresh air and exercises for pregnant women( stretching, breathing exercises, walking);
- taking any medication strictly after permission from the doctor, as many drugs have a teratogenic effect and can cause miscarriage or miscarriage.
- quitting smoking at times reduces the likelihood of both bleeding and fetal abnormalities.
The prevention of bleeding in childbirth depends entirely on the physician and includes such items :
- an adequate assessment of the condition of the pregnant woman and the presence of her indications and contraindications to delivery by natural or cesarean delivery;
- appointment of uterotonics( stimulants of uterine contraction) strictly according to indications;
- performing episiotomy if necessary to prevent tearing of the perineum;
- rejection of unreasonable sinking of the umbilical cord and palpation of the uterus in the 3rd stage of labor;
- mandatory thorough examination of the isolated placenta in order to detect defects on it.
How to behave when bleeding during pregnancy
Every pregnant woman with or without a tendency to bleeding should remember some aspects of this complication. :
- It is forbidden to take blood-restoring preparations at home without first consulting a doctor.
- Menstruation with a healthy pregnancy does not happen, so blood allocation of any kind and volume is an occasion for immediate medical attention.
- It is impossible to determine whether a pregnant pregnancy or spontaneous abortion is self-evident by the nature of the discharge.This can only be done by a gynecologist after diagnosis.
- A woman who has been diagnosed with placenta previa or disposition less than 5 cm before the inner throat is forbidden from having sex.
- It is important to avoid overheating( sauna, sauna, long stay in the open sun is prohibited), especially in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- In case of bleeding or blood discharge, it is important not to panic, and always use a gasket so that the doctor can estimate the amount of blood loss and severity of the situation.
If the situation is not threatening, then a woman can undergo treatment at home.In a more serious condition, she is shown hospitalization with the appointment of blood products, progesterone and other drugs.Surgery is required for ectopic pregnancy, uterine rupture, and in other situations with bleeding in later terms, resort to caesarean section.
Important: can only be determined by an expert after determining the cause of the risk of bleeding.
Indirectly to judge danger can be in view of several signs of bleeding :
- Pain.Its presence is a sign of serious complications.If there is no pain, then most likely the bleeding is not associated with pregnancy or this is a placenta offering.
- The gestational age.During the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, the discharge of blood from the vagina provokes both serious causes and physiological ones.
- Blood color.Allocations can have a color from scarlet to dark brown, which indicates completely different causes.
- Rate of bleeding.It is expressed as a bloodsucking, and abundant bloody discharge.The latter are very dangerous.
- Duration.It can appear once and will not be repeated or have a long character.
The most non-hazardous bleeding( without a high risk of maternal death) is observed in the first trimester, and they are most often associated with spontaneous abortion.But even a little bleeding is an excuse for seeking medical help.It is important for the entire pregnancy to keep in touch with your doctor and follow all his recommendations.In this case, even in the event of any unforeseen situation, you can do everything that depends on you, to preserve the life and health of your unborn child.
How to behave in the face of the threat of miscarriage - this question in the video review is answered by a gynecologist:
Viktorova Julia, obstetrician-gynecologist