Premature ejaculation: possible causes, necessary tests, treatment
Premature ejaculation is the most common problem of the intimate character of most men.Talk about the problem can be if ejaculation occurs before, or immediately after the onset of sexual intercourse.Table of contents: Symptoms of premature ejaculation Causes of early ejaculation Which specialists should be consulted Diagnosis of premature ejaculation Treatment of premature ejaculation
Symptoms of premature ejaculation
The duration of a healthy sexual intercourse is approximately seven minutes.A deviation of two minutes is also considered the norm. You can talk about early ejaculation if:
- Ejaculation occurs within two minutes of the onset of intercourse( this is the first symptom of early ejaculation).
- The onset of ejaculation occurs immediately after insertion into the vagina.
- The semen emission occurred before the penis was inserted into the vagina.
Important! Early ejaculation can be associated with overexcitation, or, conversely, with prolonged abstinence.In such cases, this is not considered a deviation.
If early semen emission occurs on a regular basis, it is necessary to urgently consult a doctor and begin treatment so that it does not develop into more serious problems.
Ignoring can lead to deep mental disorders and depression.
Causes of early ejaculation
Premature ejaculation is divided into:
- Primary.The problem is not related to diseases of the spinal cord and brain, or the genitourinary system.
- Secondary.It occurs due to diseases of the central nervous system or urogenital organs.
For effective treatment it is necessary to find out the causes of early ejaculation.The main causes are divided into psychological and physiological.
- Psychological Causes:
- conditioned reflex developed during early adolescent masturbation;
- stress and depression;
- no experience;
- obsessive-compulsive syndrome due to past failures with partners;
- irregular sexual life;
- too early experience of intimate life;
- fear of infection;
- Physiological causes:
- inflammatory processes( vesiculitis, prostatitis, etc.) and trauma to the genital organs;
- short penis bridle;
- hormonal disorders;
- magnesium deficiency;
- neurological diseases that cause disorders of the pelvic organs;
- neurobiological disorders;
- metabolic disorders;
- bad habits.
The most common cause of the disease is hypersensitivity.In the head of the penis there are receptors that react incorrectly to irritation, which leads to early ejaculation of the .
Which specialists should contact
Depending on the reasons, one or more physicians should be consulted and examined:
- is the first to consult a urologist to exclude the development of physiological diseases that can increase the sensitivity of the genitals.He will conduct palpation and examination;
- a sexologist, a psychotherapist will help to identify psychological causes and prescribe effective treatment;
- if premature ejaculation is a consequence of a neurologic disease, neurologist consultation is necessary;
- hormonal pathology adversely affects the sexual life, if any, an endocrinologist is needed.
Diagnosis of premature ejaculation
If symptoms of early ejaculation are present, a diagnosis should be made to find the cause and prescribe the correct treatment.
Diagnosis begins with a patient interview to reveal the regularity and quality of an intimate life.
For the correct diagnosis, you need the following:
- genital ultrasound;
- laboratory tests;
In some cases, the doctor may order additional diagnostic tests for diagnosis:
- a smear from the urethra with bacteriological culture to reveal a hidden urogenital infection;
- sample with lidocaine.The test reveals hypersensitivity of the head by freezing the nerve receptors before the sexual act
- test with antidepressants.Antidepressants are taken before sexual intercourse, which will help to identify psychological problems;
- PCR diagnostics for the investigation of an infectious agent;
- Cystoscopy and urethroscopy is performed using endoscopic equipment.It is used for examination of the internal surface of the urethra;
- blood test for the study of hormones in the blood.
Treatment of premature ejaculation
There are several methods for treating premature ejaculation.
- Technique Start-Stop.
- Kegel method.
- Laser therapy.
- Physiotherapeutic procedures.
- Treatment with folk remedies.
- Surgical intervention.
Let's look at some methods in more detail.
Important! For the normalization of ejaculation, regular sexual activity, proper daily routine and physical activity are necessary.
During sex, a man must feel and catch the moment of onset of ejaculation.At this point, the penis is removed from the vagina and compressed with fingers at the base.As soon as the stimulation subsides, the sexual intercourse continues.So it is allowed to do until the partner is satisfied.You can repeat the reception as often as necessary.With time, the duration of sexual intercourse will increase.
To date, this method is the most popular. For the treatment of drugs used that prevent premature ejaculation:
- Alfa-adrenoblockers, Inhibitors.These drugs increase the duration of sexual intercourse.However, they have some side effects.
- Antidepressants.Used to treat psychological causes and overexcitation.
- Sometimes a doctor can prescribe special injections that will eventually cure the disease.
- Phytotherapy helps in solving many problems, including intimate ones.
Please note! Drug treatment should be performed only after consultation with a physician.Take those medicines that the doctor will write out.
This technique is used when there is a violation of the innervation of the pelvic organs.To do this, perform certain exercises that help to restore it.With the help of exercises a man learns to control the tension and relaxation of certain muscles of the coccyx and pelvis.So he learns to control ejaculation.
Treatment with folk remedies
For the treatment of folk remedies use a variety of herbal infusions that increase the duration of sexual intercourse:
- tincture of the root lovage.From the root of the plant make a decoction and insist on alcohol.For broth, a spoonful of root is poured into a glass of purified water and boiled for ten minutes.Then another half an hour they insist.Take before eating 1/3 cup;
- The flowers of marigold and oregano are mixed.At the same time, oregano takes twice as much.Take a tablespoon of the mixture and steam with a glass of boiling water.Insist for six hours.Take 100 ml after eating.The course should not exceed 1.5 months.
Attention! Before using traditional medicine, you should consult a doctor.
This method includes massage, acupuncture, baths and other methods of reflexology.
When therapy and other methods fail to produce the desired result, surgical intervention is used for treatment:
- Circumcision, or circumcision.
- Microsurgical digestion - the effect on the nerve endings of the penis.After the operation, there may be a complete absence of sensitivity of the penis head for two to three months.Then everything comes back to normal.
- Injection implantation - hyaluronic acid is injected into the head of the penis.A small implant appears, which forms a space between the nerve endings and the skin.This slightly dulls the sensitivity.
Preventing premature ejaculation
To exclude disorders in the genitals, adhere to the principles of healthy eating, exclude promiscuous sexual life, avoid stressful situations and do not abuse cigarettes and alcohol.
A favorable effect on the work of the reproductive system has an active recreation in the fresh air, proper nutrition and exercise.
Radevich Igor Tadeushevich, a doctor and sexologist andrologist of the Center for Family Planning