Headache: treatment with folk remedies
Headache - a symptom of many diseases, can indicate, for example, the classic fatigue or a progressive tumor in the brain.That is why it is considered an error to use drugs with analgesic effect for a long time - with regular headaches it is advisable to visit a doctor and go through a tomography scan.And yet, there are many ways to get rid of the described syndrome exclusively folk remedies, without chemical additives and powerful analgesics.Recommended to read: Table of contents: How to relieve a headache with medicinal plants?Essential oils from a headache Clay wraps How to quickly get rid of a headache without medicines Ayurveda with headache Acupressure and acupuncture for headache How to relieve a headache to children and pregnant women
How to relieve a headache with medicinal plants?
With a headache, tinctures and decoctions from medicinal plants help to fight.Many of these products are already sold in pharmacies, and many can be prepared on their own - the choice is made by the patient himself.
- St. John's Wort.This plant has a weak analgesic effect, but with headaches provoked by fatigue, it will be effective.You need to take a tablespoon of dry St. John's wort, pour a glass of boiling water and insist for 10-15 minutes.It takes an infusion of ½ cup three times a day before meals - enough three-day use of this remedy to permanently get rid of the headache.
- Chamomile fragrant.This is not a medicinal chamomile, which grows literally in every yard, so a dry plant is better to buy in a pharmacy.You need to take a tablespoon of dry chamomile fragrant, pour a glass of boiling water and insist 10-15 minutes.A remedy for 1/3 cup is taken immediately after meals for 5 days.
- Peony dodging.From it you need to prepare an alcohol tincture - 1 part of the crushed root of this plant for 10 parts of alcohol medical( vodka should be used undesirable).Tincture of 1 teaspoon is taken before each meal - the duration of use should not exceed 3 days.
- Herbal collection.Mix in equal proportions cornflower, thyme and lilac( in dry form), take a tablespoon of the collection and pour a glass of boiling water, insist 20 minutes.It is recommended to use the received amount of the drug in two doses with an interval of 60 minutes, and take the broth every day until the headache disappears.
Essential oils from a headache
In the fight against headache, essential oils of mint, lavender, and rosemary were most effective.You can apply and aromatic liquids - extracts from roses, oregano, sage and other medicinal plants. But to make essential oils really effective, you first need to find out the cause of the headaches and then choose any one remedy.
- If the headache is provoked by sinusitis( inflammation of the maxillary sinuses of the nose), then you need to carry out inhalations with essential oil of rosemary, lavender or eucalyptus.The method of application is indicated on the packages of oils.
- The described pain syndrome against the background of chronic fatigue can be removed by rubbing into the whiskey essential oil of lavender or mint, but you can mix these two products.You can make a cold compress based on essential oils - in 100 ml of water add 2 drops of chamomile oil, 2 drops of lavender and 2 drops of lemon.Having moistened the gauze in the received product, the compress is done on the back of the head or whiskey - it depends on the localization of the pain syndrome.
- In case of chronic headaches rubbing into the whiskey and forehead of the cocktail from essential oils will help - 3 drops of lavender, mint and wormwood.And it is also recommended to take regular baths with the addition of basil or sage oil - on a standard bath 10 ml of oil.
- Headache in the background of sedentary work often becomes painful and permanent, it is easy enough to remove - you need to massage the shoulder belt with healing oil from a teaspoon of olive oil and 3 drops of chamomile or lavender essential oil.
The most common clay can remove even a severe headache, relieve the chronic course of this syndrome. For the headache, you should do clay wraps / compresses:
- Take 150 g of dry clay, put in a bowl and add as much water to a soft, semi-liquid gruel.It should be put on gauze and attach to the forehead from the temple to the temple, the procedure time is 20 minutes, the duration of the procedure is within a month every day before the night rest.
- If you mix 100 g of dry clay, the same amount of water and 2 tablespoons of mint tincture, you will get an excellent remedy for irregular headaches.When this syndrome occurs, the resulting remedy should be applied to the gauze / tissue napkin and applied to the site of pain localization.The time of the procedure is a maximum of 15 minutes.
- For chronic fatigue and insomnia, when the headache is an attendant symptom, you can perform daily procedures with clay and menthol within 14 days - you need to add 5 drops of menthol essential oil to the classic clay gruel.Apply a compress with this tool on the sites of pain localization can be a maximum of 5 minutes.
How to quickly get rid of a headache without drugs
In folk medicine, there are many ways to get rid of a headache even high intensity in an emergency / urgent order.Not all of them are classical and standard, but proven by time and experience of ancestors. The most effective ones are highlighted below:
- Brew ordinary tea and add 1 tablespoon of peppermint to the cup.Drink a drink in small sips for 10 minutes and after a quarter of an hour of unpleasant sensations there will be no trace.
- Peel the lemon from the peel, remove the white film from the peel and apply the already cleaned parts to the temples - after 10 minutes even a pulsating, severe headache will disappear.
- Copper coin applied to the area of the localization of the headache for 15 minutes relieves the syndrome.
Ayurveda with headache
In Ayurvedic medicine, much attention is paid to the treatment of any pain with herbal remedies, and the headache is no exception.This philosophical teaching divides the types of pain syndrome in the head on those arising from inflammatory / infectious diseases and those that do not have a clear etiology.
The most effective methods for getting rid of a headache in ayurveda are:
- Inhalation with a nose powder of a root, rubbing temples with paste from ginger, smearing the forehead with essential oil of eucalyptus.These drugs help with headaches provoked by inflammatory or infectious diseases - for example, sinusitis, bronchitis, otitis.Ayurveda considers it obligatory during the treatment of such headaches to take laxatives - according to the teachings the pain is a consequence of nervous loads, the large intestine also takes an active part in them.
- Massage of the shoulder girdle with sesame oil and immediately a contrast shower, rubbing in the back of the head chamomile and lavender oil( in equal quantities), drinking decoction of valerian roots.This therapy for Ayurvedic medicine helps with intense headaches accompanied by insomnia, irritability and depression.
- Aloe juice( 2 tablespoons per day), dry rhubarb root( brew as tea) and milk thistle extract will provide an anesthetic for headache with localization in the crown and temporal parts.
Ayurveda means in the process of treatment of headaches compliance with the diet - rejection of fried and pickled products, categorical exclusion of alcohol and smoking, introduction of raw vegetables( beets, cabbage, carrots, radishes) and sweet fruits in the diet.
Acupuncture and acupuncture for headache
Acupuncture method for getting rid of a headache is recognized effective even by official medicine, but before these sessions you need to undergo a complete examination and find out the cause of the pain syndrome.If it is provoked by a benign or malignant tumor, hematomas, diseases of the central nervous system or intoxication of the body, head injuries, you will have to undergo treatment with medications.In all other cases, it is advisable to conduct several sessions of acupuncture. This technique has the following advantages:
- The impact on the biologically active points of the head eliminates the symptom itself, as drugs, but it stops the causes of the appearance of a headache.
- Influence on acupuncture points can significantly improve overall health.
- After the sessions of acupuncture in the body, biochemical compounds are actively being developed, capable of increasing the body's resistance to pain.
Acupuncture sessions should be conducted by a highly qualified specialist - the effect depends on how accurately and competently the impact on the active points is.To issue as a quote
But point massage for the removal of the headache can be done on your own - the effect, by the way, will not be worse than from acupuncture.But acupressure has only a short-term effect and will not help with a chronic pain syndrome.
How quickly to remove a headache:
- If the localization of the pain syndrome is in the frontal part of the head, you need to know just one point - between the eyebrows at the very top of the bridge of the nose.It is easy to determine - clicking on the desired point, there is pain.
- For temporal headache, three points should be massaged:
- on the temple - it is in a noticeable depression;
- slightly lower from the first point, opposite the entrance to the auricle is the second one - it is also located in the depression;
- after passing the line from the second point to the first and moving to the scalp, a third point is found( also in the indentation).
- With pain in the vertex, you need to work on one point - it is in the occipital part, at the base of the skull, to the touch is a kind of groove.
Please note: should be applied to each point for at least 5 minutes during the spot massage.And, at the very beginning of the procedure, the pressure should be as strong as possible, the last pressing - to simulate an easy touch.It should be acted as follows: 5 seconds press, 5 seconds "rest".
How to relieve a headache for children and pregnant womenWe recommend that you read:
It is highly undesirable to take medicinal products of a chemical origin when you are a child or when you are pregnant.Of course, permanent headaches should be a reason for a full examination of the entire body, but what should you do in case of a sudden pain syndrome?
First, both pregnant women and children can make acupressure - no harm will be done to the body, but the pain will be removed quickly.Acupuncture can be recommended to women in the period of bearing a child, but in childhood this way of removing headaches can be contraindicated - this dilemma is solved by a pediatrician or a neurologist.
Secondly, of medicinal plants, which will be safe for pregnant women and children, it is possible to distinguish only mint, lemon balm and oregano.And then you need to get permission from the doctor to use their broths or teas - maybe allergies to plants, or contraindications for any chronic diseases.
Note : list of herbs contraindicated in pregnancy is given in the article.
Thirdly, headaches during pregnancy and childhood( if no pathologies have been diagnosed) can be caused by usual fatigue, a sedentary lifestyle.Therefore, these categories of patients are recommended to walk more, engage in sports( pregnant, by the way, do not lie and take care of yourself and your future child around the clock), fully rest at night.
Headache never occurs without a reason, even the notorious "weather" reaction is of a medical nature - a person either raises or lowers arterial, intracranial pressure.Therefore, if the described pain syndrome is worried constantly, then it is worth asking for help from specialists - at least they will find out the cause of discomfort.But short-term pain can be completely removed by folk remedies - and the problem will be solved, and there will be no negative impact on the body.
To see how to correctly make acupressure for a quick relief of the headache, you can in this video review:
Yana Tsygankova, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category.