Hand Tremor: Causes and Treatment at Home
The trembling of the hands is familiar, probably to every person.This uncontrolled and involuntary condition, as a rule, increases with excitement and stress, i.e.- when a significant amount of adrenaline is released into the blood.But in some patients, hand tremor persists and at rest, it has a different frequency of manifestation and intensity.Given this, the tremor is pathological and physiological, requiring and not requiring treatment.
Important: to determine the need for therapy, you should in any case visit a physician who can objectively evaluate the symptoms, prescribe the necessary tests and therapy.Table of contents: Physiological tremor Abnormal tremor Causes of hand tremor Treatment of hand tremor Home remedies for hand tremor
Physiological tremor is characteristic of those who are excessively emotional.He appears during periods of emotional outburst, both positive and negative, and disappears when a person calms down.In this case, the trembling of the hands of such people can also be an alarming symptom of the disease, more often associated with disorders in the functioning of the nervous system.
It is the result of damage to the cerebellum, brainstem and subcortex, and has a permanent character.
Note: pathological tremor necessarily requires observation from a specialist and appropriate treatment.
It is divided into:
- Parkinsonism.About Parkinson's disease is known for a long time.With it there is a lesion of subcortical brain structures, which is manifested by a constant tremor of limbs, even in a state of rest.The hands of the patient repeat it and the same movement, resembling the rolling of balls, it becomes less noticeable when a person does some work with his hands.Even if he puts his hands on his knees, they will perform involuntary movements in a circle.
This pathology is observed after 55 years and develops gradually, imperceptibly for the patient himself.It is incurable and can lead to disability, but modern science has created many drugs that can slow the course of the disease.In this case, the earlier treatment of hand tremor is started, the more correctly the therapy is chosen, the more effective the result will be.
- Family tremor.It is transmitted at a genetic level and can manifest itself in children and adolescents, as well as in older people.It can be seen when a person tries to hold a certain position.In some cases it is benign, but it often happens quite hard.
At the first stages of the development of the disease, one limb begins to tremble, but gradually the tremor appears on the other side.It certainly increases with alcohol and strong excitement.It is possible to involve the muscles of the larynx, the tongue, because of what the patient's speech suffers.If the tremor attack develops during the emotional spurt, then it is enough to take a sedative and a sleeping pill.
- Intensive tremor.This species is formed on the basis of serious lesions of the brainstem and cerebellum( Konovalov-Wilson's disease, trauma, cancer, multiple sclerosis, benign tumors).Tremor is characterized by sweeping and large movements, when the patient intends to take or do something, but is absent during the rest period.The heaviest kind of such tremor is asterixis, when the patient can not maintain a certain posture, constantly performing irregular, slow extension and flexion of the hands.
Causes of hand tremor
In view of the provoking factor, the patient may or may not be shown his treatment.If the elimination of the cause relieves tremors, then it does not require additional treatment.
Important: If the tremor lasts more than 14 days, always consult with a specialist.
The causes of tremor include:
- genetic predisposition;
- excessive consumption of coffee, spirits;
- heavy physical labor;
- cerebellar injury, which is a regulator of coordination of movements;
- hypothermia( provokes short tremor of the hands);
- increased anxiety;
- Parkinson's disease;
- pathology of the thyroid( thyrotoxicosis);
- poisoning( heavy metals, mercury, carbon monoxide, etc.);
- alcohol and drug abstinence;
- pathology of the nervous system;
- terminal stages of severe pathologies of the kidneys and liver( tremor occurs when the nervous system of the patient is affected by toxic exchange products);
- hypoglycemia( lowering blood glucose levels below normal);
- adrenal disease;
- reception or overdose of certain drugs( antidepressants, for bronchial dilatation, psychostimulants, neuroleptics, etc.).
Hand tremor treatment at home
This therapy is allowed if the patient does not show inpatient treatment, that is, his hand tremor is not a sign of severe organic pathology of the brain and other organs, and is of a benign nature.
General recommendations for hand tremor:
- Eliminate the factor that causes a shiver.
- Avoid overwork, anxiety, hypothermia.
- Remove intoxication and stress tremor with sedatives.
- Take a soothing dose 30-60 minutes before the expected exciting event.
- Swimming in the pool.
- Minimize consumption of chocolate, strong tea, coffee.
- Take a contrast shower in the morning.
- Quit smoking.
- Try to make the dream complete.
- Give up alcohol.
- Develop fine motor skills( beadwork, carving, quilling, drawing, knitting).
- Keep a healthy and active lifestyle.
Well established itself in the treatment of hand tremor special gymnastics.It quite effectively corrects and eliminates the amplitude of the oscillation of the hands.Such complexes of exercises are aimed at training the muscles of the extremities, thereby reducing the discomfort and tremor effect on the life of the patient.Well helps compressing and unclenching the palms, which reduces muscle contraction.
At home, you can treat the tremor of the hands with curative starvation.It allows you to update cells, resume functions of disturbed organs and eliminate muscle spasm.In this case, fasting is the trigger mechanism that starts the recovery program.
Traditional medicine recipes for tremor of hands
Herbs that have a sedative effect have proven themselves well.They are allowed to take in benign disease.
- Marjin root;
- white willow.
also has proven recipes of traditional medicine used in the treatment of tremor:
- mixture of medicinal herbs 3: 2: 2: motherwort, hawthorn, valerian.There also add chamomile, mint, casserole( 2: 2: 2).2 tbsp.Spoons of the mixture are poured into 0.5 liters of boiling water.Infusion is taken in 100 ml 3 times a day, with a course of 30 days.
- Take tansy( Flowers) and chew thoroughly, until the saliva which is swallowed and spit out the cake.This allows you to quickly recover the patient's health.
Betsik Julia, a medical columnist