The head in the forehead region hurts and presses on eyes
Headache of absolutely any localization can have a thousand reasons - from simple fatigue to the progression of serious / serious diseases, up to a malignant brain tumor.Table of contents: Poisoning by toxic substances, food in everyday life Diseases of the ENT organs Diseases of the viral and infectious aetiology Diseases of the nervous system Concussions, bruises and fractures of the skull Diseases of the cardiovascular system Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine Diseases of the eyes and increased intraocular pressure
Headache in the forehead area, which is often accompanied by a feeling of pressure on the eyes, can also arise for various reasons, the doctors allocate them in 5 ozNovel groups:
- poisoning with toxic substances;
- infectious diseases;
- head injury;
- pathological lesions of the nervous system;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system.
In order to understand the mechanism of the appearance of a headache in the forehead and to determine the tactics of treatment, it is necessary to fully study all of the above factors.
Poisoning by toxic substances, food products in everyday life
Often complaints about a headache in the forehead area and a feeling of pressure on the eyes come from sellers of industrial goods and warehouse employees.And few people wonder why this happens?It's simple: the market literally flooded with goods made from poor-quality raw materials and with technology disruptions.Therefore, doctors recommend that patients who constantly have a headache in the forehead, analyze their latest purchases - plastic products, soft and rubber toys, furniture, building materials emit a lot of toxic substances into the air, which have a negative impact on health.It is noteworthy that in a month or a year and a half the condition under consideration recedes, which is connected with the evaporation of harmful substances from hazardous objects.
Note: when buying any products you need to "include" your sense of smell, banal sniffing.It is advisable not to buy cheap furniture and building materials, fabrics with a pronounced synthetic flavor, very careful to be when buying goods for children - toys, clothes can contain harmful substances.Yes, with time toxic substances evaporate, but even their short-term exposure to the human body can damage the immune system.
Separately it is worth noting and the harm of certain foods, which contain various additives.They have a negative impact on health and can provoke the appearance of permanent headaches in the forehead and pressure on the eyes. Such harmful food additives include:
- any taste enhancers and chemical nutritional supplements;
- tyramine, which is found in cheese, nuts and chocolate;
- nitrates and nitrites contained in both vegetable and meat products;
- beer and wine;
- products / drinks with caffeine content.
Diseases of ENT organs
Such diseases are almost always accompanied by a headache in the forehead area. Especially often the condition under consideration arises against the background of the progression of the following inflammatory processes:
- Front.Pain in the forehead arises, as a rule, in the mornings, but throughout the day slightly reduces its intensity.This variation is explained by the filling and outflow of purulent contents from the frontal sinuses.Pain in the forehead and a feeling of pressure on the eyes at the front is a pronounced symptom that is recognized as the main symptom in the diagnosis of the disease.
- Etmoiditis.It is an inflammation of the sinus sinus, which is located deep in the skull.Often this disease is diagnosed in childhood and in adults who have a tendency to inflammatory diseases of ENT organs.Pain in the forehead area with progressive etmititis occurs always at a particular time of the day, is periodic in nature and is accompanied by fever, a runny nose and general weakness.
- Sinusitis.This is a fairly common disease, which is characterized not only by a headache in the forehead, but also by symptoms of general intoxication of the body.Even with the chronic form of sinusitis, the phenomenon under consideration takes place, the pain in the forehead area increases with the head inclined downwards.
To get rid of the headache in the forehead and pressure on the eyes due to the development of ENT diseases, it is necessary to conduct a full treatment of the underlying pathology.As soon as the inflammatory process begins to subside, it immediately reduces the intensity and headache.
Diseases of the viral and infectious etiology
Just with such diseases, the headache in the forehead is almost normal - there is a general intoxication of the body against the background of high body temperature.Colds, influenza and acute respiratory viral infections.
- .The considered phenomenon for these diseases is the primary symptom, with the headache first appearing in the forehead area, then the pressure on the eyes begins to develop and only then the unpleasant sensations spread to the nape and whiskey.
- Encephalitis and meningitis.With these serious diseases, the headache can be localized not only in the forehead region, but also at the back of the neck, in the temples.This condition is not a specific symptom of meningitis and encephalitis, as a rule, there are neurological symptoms, and loss of consciousness.These diseases are classified as life-threatening and require intensive care.
- Cato fever, Dengue, Ilesha, Jermiston and others.These are diseases of the viral etiology that are transmitted by mites and mosquitoes in southern countries.Those who like to travel and have this opportunity should remember that you can get infected with these fevers at any time of the year.In addition to the headache in the forehead, the diseases are characterized by symptoms of general intoxication of the body.
It is impossible to diagnose these diseases viral and infectious etiology independently.Therefore, the headache in the forehead should be the reason for visiting a doctor who will determine the cause of her appearance, and will prescribe an effective treatment.
Diseases of the nervous system
Of course, in medicine differentiated a lot of neurological diseases, but only some of them cause headaches in the forehead and a feeling of pressure on the eyes. These include:
- Neuralgia of the trigeminal or optic nerve.The nature of the pain in this case will be stitching, "shooting" and sharp.Headache in the forehead area against the background of neuralgia of the trigeminal or optic nerve always appears spontaneously, rarely has a clear localization.
- Neuroses.The considered condition can be noted with increased excitability, neurasthenia, various forms of neuroses.But it is worthwhile to understand that the neurological origin of the headache in the forehead area and the sensation of pressure on the eyes can only be said if the doctor excludes other possible causes.
- Migraine.A fairly common disease, which is diagnosed in every tenth person.Migraine is characterized by periodic strong pulsating pains, which usually begin in the temples.But after the migraine attack develops as much as possible, the pain passes into the forehead and provokes a feeling of pressure on the eyes.Such pains are accompanied by mild nausea, noise in the ears and general weakness.
Separately it is worth noting the cluster / beam pains, which will be sharp and throbbing, against their background, reddening of the eyes and abundant lacrimation.Such headaches in the forehead region arise and disappear spontaneously, characterized as very strong, painful, which prevents a person from even sleeping.Doctors say that provoking factors for such pains are smoking, drinking alcohol and a drastic change of climate.The specific cause of cluster pain in the forehead area of modern medicine is still unknown.
If headaches occur in the forehead area against a background of nervous system disorders, then painkillers will not help.It is necessary to consult a doctor and get a competent appointment - for example, with migraines will help only special preparations from the group of triptans.
Concussions, bruises and fractures of the skull
These are the most obvious reasons for the occurrence of headaches in the forehead.Of course, with light bruises no one in the medical facility does not apply, although doctors emphasize the need for such actions.Be sure to pay attention in case of head injury to the general state of health, and if there is nausea or vomiting, dizziness is observed, then it is necessary to call the ambulance team and get qualified medical help.
Diseases of the cardiovascular system
Headache in the forehead and a feeling of pressure on the eyes can occur with increased and decreased arterial pressure, with fluctuations in intracranial pressure, and these conditions are classified as diseases of the cardiovascular system:
- Increased intracranial pressure.Pain in the forehead with such a disease occurs due to irritation of nerve endings, against which a person experiences a squeezing and bursting headache at the same time.Increased intracranial pressure may be present against a background of hypertension, atherosclerosis and cervical osteochondrosis, heart defects and vegeto-vascular dystonia.
- Decreased intracranial pressure.The pain in this case will be of a circumvallent nature, although the person indicates a frontal localization.Most often this condition develops on the background of overwork, frequent stress, hypotension, atherosclerosis of the heart vessels.
In any case, headaches in the forehead and a feeling of pressure on the eyes, which arise against the background of problems in the work of the heart and blood vessels, should be treated only under the supervision of a doctor.It will be necessary to conduct therapeutic "measures" in relation to the underlying disease.
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
If there is an infringement, compression of the roots of the spinal cord, the pain in the forehead will be the first symptom of such a pathology.The patient will describe the nature of the condition in question, as aching, pulling, in some cases - shooting.In addition to constant headaches in the forehead and pressure on the eyes with osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, a person will experience burning / tingling in the neck, dizziness and tinnitus.
Eye diseases and increased intraocular pressure
Optic neuritis, astigmatism, conjunctivitis, hyperopia, myopia - these pathological conditions necessarily lead to an increase in intraocular pressure, which is accompanied by a headache in the forehead of an intense nature.
Note: for prolonged use of the computer, when the eyes are in constant tension, the occurrence of a headache in the forehead area is inevitable.This condition is not pathological, you only need to relax, get distracted from the monitor, you can take classical painkillers.
Headache in the forehead area and a feeling of pressure on the eyes may also occur due to the progression of malignant neoplasms.For example, the phenomenon under consideration is characteristic for tumors of the frontal lobe of the brain, vascular tumors, neoplasms in the maxillary and frontal sinuses of the nose, tumors of the pituitary gland and orbit.Most often, the diagnosis of such cancer occurs accidentally - a person turns to a neurologist or therapist for persistent and intense headaches in the forehead and a sensation of pressure on the eyes, then undergoes an examination and is sent for treatment to an oncologist.
Headaches in the forehead and a feeling of pressure on the eyes may indicate a banal overfatigue, but it is often a symptom of the development of severe, life-threatening pathologies.Therefore, ignore this symptom, constantly using pain medication, definitely not worth it - timely treatment for qualified medical care in most cases guarantees full recovery.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category