How to calm nerves: natural sedatives
Calming agents can be freely purchased in pharmacy chains - many of these drugs are sold without a prescription from the doctor.But after all, not only the pharmacological industry is able to remove irritation and fatigue, relieve anxiety and fear, normalize the psycho-emotional background.Similar remedies exist in folk medicine, the same effective, but an order of magnitude more useful - they contain no chemical compounds and artificial additives.Table of contents: Medicinal herbs Unusual sedatives for the nervous system Spirituous tinctures of sedative
Medicinal herbsRecommended reading:
Folk medicine knows many medicinal plants that have a soothing effect.And notice: they do not exert a depressing effect on the central nervous system, do not cause addiction.Medicinal herbs can be considered as excellent sedatives for adults and children.However, before prescribing these herbs, the child should still consult a pediatrician( dosages for children will be different).
The most popular medicinal plants with a calming effect:
- Oregano.This herb not only relieves irritation and relieves anxiety, but also provides a deep night's sleep.Therefore, the decoction of common oregano can be safely used not only for nerves, but also for insomnia associated with overwork.Principle of preparation of broth: a glass of steep boiling water + 2 teaspoons of dry oregano, infused for 20 minutes.The scheme of reception: in a warm kind, on 100 ml, for an hour before meal, not less than 4 times a day.
- Highland bird.This herb, which is considered safe even for children and during pregnancy - a soothing effect is guaranteed.The principle of preparation of broth: a glass of boiling water + a tablespoon of dry raw materials, to insist 4 hours in a thermos.Scheme of application: a tablespoon of filtered broth / infusion four times a day.
- Thyme.A very useful herb that, in addition to influencing the psychoemotional background and the work of the nervous system, can normalize the functionality of the digestive system( for example, to restore appetite, to relieve chronic constipation).Principle of preparation of the infusion: a tablespoon of dry raw material + a glass of boiling water, insist for 2 hours in a sealed container.Scheme of application: on a tablespoon three times a day for half an hour before meals.
- Hawthorn blood red.This is quite a delicious medicine - literally a compote, which will bring peace and tranquility into everyday life.It is recommended to take it only in case of mild irritability, insensitive insomnia, increased fatigue.This remedy is very effective in the premenstrual period - a woman will feel much calmer and more confident, despite the disorder in the hormonal background.The principle of preparation: a tablespoon of crushed fruits of hawthorn blood-red + a glass of boiling water, insist 2 hours.Scheme of application: 2 teaspoons 20 minutes before meals three to four times a day.
- Motherwort's motherwort.This plant is so well established that it is often used in the preparation of absolutely official medicines.You can prepare an infusion of their motherfather and heartily at home - it will be even more useful, if only because there will be no preservatives in the product.The principle of preparation: a glass of boiling water on a tablespoon of dry shredded raw materials, insist 15 minutes and strain.Scheme of use: four times a day, regardless of food intake, a teaspoon.
- Ivan-tea.Ordinary grass, which grows in fields, and in meadows, and even in yards.If it is collected in August, it will be possible to drink broth from it all winter and "charge" your body with health, including in relation to the nervous system and psycho-emotional background.Principle of preparation: a tablespoon of dry willow-tea pour a glass of steep boiling water, insist in a thermos for 4 hours, filter.Scheme of application: on a tablespoon three times a day before meals.
- Valerian root.Another plant that has found its application not only in folk medicine - the pharmacological industry produces quite a lot of medicines with this plant.At home, you can prepare a sedative with the root of valerian.Principle of preparation: grind the root of the plant, take a tablespoon of dry raw material, pour 300 ml of boiling water
Note: some of the above types of medicinal plants are contraindicated in pregnancy.
Unusual sedatives for the nervous system
There are several recipes from the category of traditional medicine that many will perceive with a grin.Indeed, the mixing of some components can hardly be taken for a medicine - petals of some decorative flowers, ordinary vegetables. .. And yet, below are two recipes that will help normalize the psycho-emotional background and correct the mood:
- mix the juiceBeets( ordinary, red) and honey in equal proportions, take a teaspoon 4 times a day after meals;
- take a glass of water and a half cup of petals of white roses, as many petals of white gladioli, 2 tablespoons of petals of white phlox.Insist the mixture for 7 days in a dark place, then add to the entire exchange a teaspoon of baking soda, filter the medicine and take a tablespoon three times a day one hour before a meal.
These rather strange self-preparation sedatives can be used to relieve tension, calm down when problems arise that require concentration.But be sure to exclude allergic reaction to honey and flowers, so as not to worsen the state of health.
Spirituous tinctures of sedative
Alcohol tinctures have always been considered a good sedative. But they have many contraindications to use:
- stomach ulcer / duodenal ulcer;
- diseases of the central nervous system;
- mental disorders even during periods of remission;
- inflammatory and infectious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- malignant / benign neoplasms;
- diabetes mellitus;
- of the endocrine system;
- disorders in the work of the cardiovascular system.
But if there are no contraindications, then the following alcohol tinctures can be used as sedative:
- Wine and lemon balm.Take a liter of quality white wine, add a tablespoon of crushed lemon balm to it and put it in a dark place for 14 days - during this time the medicine will "ripen".Tincture of 50 ml is taken three times a day before meals.
- Flowers of hawthorn blood-red.For alcohol tincture, it is the flowers of this plant that are needed - they take 1 part and pour 10 parts of alcohol( vodka / moonshine), insist for a week.Take the drug you need 15 drops twice a day, you can grow in water or drinks.Cocktail of hawthorn and valerian.
- .An excellent tool that has a soothing effect even with neglected depressions and neuroses.It is necessary to prepare separately two tinctures:
- from the fruits of hawthorn - mix a glass of crushed berries and a glass of alcohol, insist in a dark place for 20 days;
- from the roots of valerian - 5 parts of alcohol to 1 part of crushed valerian roots, insist 20 days in a dark and warm place.
Preparing a soothing cocktail immediately before use - 10 drops of each tincture to mix and drink.Take medication is recommended once a day before bedtime.
- Peony dodging.Tincture of this flower is sold in pharmacy chains, but you can cook yourself - a soothing effect is guaranteed.It is necessary to take 10 g of dry raw materials( roots and grass of the peony) and 100 ml of alcohol, insist 14 days.Take a tincture of a peony dodging courses for one month - 30 days of drink / 30 days of interruption, daily dosage - 20 drops at night.
Features of using sedative alcohol tinctures
First, alcohol tinctures can not be consumed if you have to get behind the wheel of a car or other transport.Even a small dose of alcohol can change the level of psychomotor reactions not to the best, and even to prove that there is only alcohol from the drug in the blood will be problematic.
Secondly, it is necessary to exclude an allergic reaction to all kinds of medicinal plants with a soothing effect.Otherwise, instead of calming, you can "earn" skin itching, rashes, fever and aggravate disorders in the psychoemotional background.
Thirdly, you can not only use the above-described alcohol tinctures as a sedative, but also combine them - tincture with valerian and peony tincture, hawthorn tincture and wine with melissa.But for the first time you need to experiment with small doses - let it be 5 drops of each remedy, and after 24 hours it will be clear how much the remedy is suitable for the body.
Alcohol tinctures can not be considered as sedatives for children: even in small doses, ethanol is contraindicated.
Important: any alcohol sedatives of soothing character can be consumed only after consultation with your doctor.If nausea, vomiting, dizziness, unconsciousness occur during the administration of these drugs, you should stop taking the medication immediately, and if you get sick, seek medical help.
There is another effective tool as a soothing bath.They can be administered to almost every person( except allergy sufferers), they do not imply any restrictions on work or hobbies( unlike alcohol tinctures), therapeutic baths will help people with severe neuroses / depressions and those who are simply experiencing difficult momentsin life. Recipes for soothing baths:
- Melissa, rosemary, sage, lavender, thyme, mint - take 1 part of the herbs, pour 300 ml of water, boil for 7 minutes and drain.The resulting broth should be poured into the bath, the procedure time - 20 minutes.
- Sunflower seeds, valerian root - take only 300 g of a mixture of equal proportions of raw materials, pour 3 liters of steep boiling water and insist for 6 hours.Then the resulting infusion pour into the tub.The water temperature is not above 37 degrees, the procedure time is 10 minutes, after the bath you need rest for 40 minutes.
- A sheet of rosemary, linden flowers, wormwood grass - a kilo of herbs( all equally) pour 4 liters of water, boil 7 minutes and insist 5 minutes.The resulting broth is filtered and poured into the bath.The procedure time is 15 minutes.
Baths need to take courses for 15-20 procedures, then you need to take a break of 30 days and, if necessary, repeat the procedure.
Please note: baths are an excellent sedative for women, except for pregnant women.In pregnancy, you can take a bath only after consultation with a gynecologist. Soothing means from the category of traditional medicine are quite effective - this is confirmed by official medicine.They can be safely used in the treatment of irritability, depression, despondency, sudden mood swings, light neuroses.But before you make any specific choice in favor of this or that remedy, you should always consult with a specialist.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category.