Preparation for the analysis of the prostate secret and its interpretation
The study of the secretion of the prostate( or prostate juice) plays a huge diagnostic role. It is thanks to this event that a doctor can reveal pathologies of the prostate, primarily inflammatory genesis. How does the biomaterial take place, what are the indications for the research and how to decipher the results of the prostate secret yourself?
- 1 What is the secret of the prostate?
- 2 What is the normal composition of the prostate secretion?
- 3 What are the functions of the secretion of the prostate?
- 4 Preparing for the
- 5 Study Indications for the
- 6 Study Sampling procedure for the
- 7 biomaterial Contraindications to the procedure
- 8 Decoding of the results
What is the secret of the prostate?
Prostate juice is a whitish liquid that consists mainly of water and biologically active substrates. In the process of sexual intercourse, this substance enters the lumen of the urethra, where it mixes with the seminal fluid and forms sperm. In this case, the juice of the prostate gland accounts for 25% of the total volume of the seed.
The secretion of the prostate glandular tissue is synthesized, the evacuation is performed by the muscular system of the prostate and pelvic organs.
What is the normal composition of the prostate secretion?
The composition of prostatic juice includes:
- Water. It is about 95% of the total volume of the prostate secretion.
- Immunoglobulins( specialized protein structures).
- Mineral salts of metals: sodium, magnesium, calcium, etc.
- Organic acids( lactic, citric acid).
- Saccharides( maltose, fructose).
- Special active ingredients of the enzymatic series.
What are the functions of the secretion of the prostate?
Prostate juice performs several important functions at once:
- Protective function. Prostate juice can be called a kind of shield and nutrient medium for spermatozoa. Thanks to this substance, male germ cells can remain unharmed in the external environment.
- Neutralizing function. As you know, the environment in the male urethra is acidic. This is death for sperm. The secret of the prostate is designed to neutralize the acidic environment, normalizing the pH.
- In addition, without the juice of the prostate, the seminal fluid would be mushy. This substance makes the sperm liquid. This facilitates its passage through the urethra, increasing mobility.
- Nutritional function. In addition to water, the composition of the substance described includes nutrients. They support the sperm.
- Antibacterial function. Due to the content of organic acids, the prostate fluid has an antibacterial effect, protecting spermatozoa from the negative effect of pathogens.
Read more: On the functions and structure of the prostate
Preparing for the
study Specialized training includes several recommendations:
- Sexual intercourse should be discarded. This should be done at least three days before the sampling of the biomaterial.
- It is necessary to exclude from the diet spicy food.
- It is important to perform hygienic treatment of the external genitalia.
That's enough. Additional training is required.
Indications for thestudy
There is simply no exhaustive list of indications. With any suspicion of dysfunction of the prostate, the doctor has every reason to send the patient to the study. However, a brief list of indications can be given:
- Violations of potency( sluggish erection, its complete absence, the inability to penetrate during sexual intercourse).
- Pain syndrome, localized in the perineum or anus.
- Violations of urination: weak urine, frequent false urge to urinate.
- Premature ejaculation or, on the contrary, belated ejaculation.
Sampling procedure for
Prostate secretion procedure The procedure for sampling prostate juice is quite complex, and therefore requires skills from medical personnel. This is a minimally invasive technique, which, however, is somewhat uncomfortable for the patient. The procedure is carried out in a hospital or day hospital. Before its carrying out it is required to visit a toilet room that the bladder was empty. Then a finger is inserted into the anal opening of the subject, the medical worker conducts an intensive massage of the prostate so that the juice begins to be produced. This is the most unpleasant moment, especially if there is an inflammatory process.
During the preparatory activities, the secret of the prostate gland is intensively evacuated through the lumen of the urethra. This substance is collected in a specialized container or glass. In some cases, the secret does not come out on its own. This means that he went to the bladder. In this case, the urine is collected, after which the secret of the prostate is released from the urine by centrifugation.
In combination with the "classical" analysis, a bacterial culture of the prostate fluid is carried out. This study provides an opportunity to assess the nature of the process( infectious or not), to determine the type of pathogen. However, in this way it is impossible to detect the sensitivity of pathogenic microflora to antibiotics.
Contraindications to the procedure
Contraindication one: an acute inflammatory process, localized in the prostate. In this case, it is required to conduct a complex treatment aimed at relief of symptoms and only then to prescribe a study of prostate juice.
Decoding of the results
should decipher the obtained results. The urologist or urologist-andrologist should decipher the obtained results. The following indicators are of great importance:
- Prostate juice volume. Normally it is from half a milliliter to two milliliters. A smaller amount of secretion is indicative of inflammation of the prostate gland.
- Presence of pathogenic microflora. Normally, the pathogenic flora is absent or present in a single amount. A large number of microorganisms speak of an infectious prostatitis. The presence of the Koch sticks may indicate tuberculosis of the prostate.
- Color indicator. Normally the secret of the prostate is whitish, it resembles diluted milk by texture. The change in color index is indicative of prostatitis.
- Presence of fungal inclusions. The presence of a fungus in the secretion of the mycelium can indicate fungal prostatitis.
- Density of a liquid. The normal density of the prostate secretion is 1.020-1.022.All that is higher is an indication of inflammation.
- Presence of other pathogenic microorganisms. Normally, they should not be.
- Reaction medium. In the norm - neutral. In some cases, slightly alkaline is possible. Acid reaction is a direct indication of prostatitis. In this case, the quality of sperm deteriorates.
- In a single quantity, detection of Bettcher crystals is possible.
- Lipoid bodies. In the case of an inflammatory lesion of the prostate, their number is significantly reduced.
- For inflammation is characterized by the appearance in the secretion of the prostate giant cells.
- Leukocytosis. With infectious prostatitis in the secretion of the prostate are found leukocytes in large numbers.
- Erythrocytes - in norm or rate are possible unit.
- An increase in the number of cells of the deflated epithelium may also indicate an inflammatory process.
Prostate fluid analysis is a necessary and informative study. It allows you to accurately determine the nature of the current process in the prostate and identify its type. Despite all the discomfort during sampling of the biomaterial, there are no alternatives to this study.
Recommended for viewing: