Medicinal properties of chamomile: indications, contraindications, fields of application
May 09, 2018
Chamomile is a pharmacy, or everyone knows the daisy medicinal - it is also used for gargling with angina, in the decoction of this plant babies are bathed, it treats the inflammatory processes in the joints and rinses the oral cavity.And what in general is known about this plant? Table of contents: General information about the camomile camomile Useful properties of the camomile chamomile Contraindications to the use of chamomile medicinal How to prepare chamomile broth Chamomile for children Syringe daisies Chamomile tea Chamomile during pregnancy
General information about chamomile
This plant has long been knownHumanity - they were treated a hundred years ago by the most common diseases.Modern scientists have clearly determined the secret of the beneficial properties of chamomile medicinal - in its unique composition.In the study of this plant, essential oil, coumarin, phytosterol, fatty acid glyceride, isovaleric and noylic organic acids, bisaball oxide, polysaccharides and many others have been identified.The most surprising thing is that the nature in the drug daisy contains useful substances in optimal proportions - this complex also causes great opportunities in terms of treating the disease.
Collect flowers from chamomile only, and you need to choose dry and warm weather for this.Harvesting works are carried out from the end of May to July, the more medicinal power is possessed by those flowers in which the petals are horizontal with respect to the yellow core, and do not fall down.
Useful properties of chamomile pharmacy
Everyone knows that the plant in question is very useful for colds - this fact is confirmed by official medicine.It is advisable to conduct treatment with chamomile medicinal in the development of angina, acute respiratory infections and even the flu.
Few people know that chamomile medicine has a beneficial effect on the digestive system.But the decoction from this plant helps to cope with increased gas production, relieves pain syndrome with spasms of the intestines, increases appetite.In addition, it is useful to use a decoction of chamomile medicinal in the intoxication of the body against food and / or alcohol poisoning - its unique composition of active microelements contributes to the rapid removal of toxins and toxins.
Doctors recommend using chamomile medications in the treatment of gastritis, diarrhea, gallbladder and liver diseases, kidney problems.In general, it is believed that the plant in question will help with diseases of the respiratory tract, and pathologies in the endocrine system.
But even if a person is absolutely healthy, chamomile medicinal is useful for normalizing the psychoemotional background - will provide a full sleep, reduce the negative impact on the body of stress.
Chamomile medicinal is used not only in medicine - it is a part of many skin care products and hair care products manufactured by the cosmetology industry.The ability of the plant in question to exert an anti-inflammatory effect is successfully used by cosmetologists in the treatment of various skin diseases, and even ordinary children's cream contains an extract of chamomile medicinal that helps to rid the tender skin of children from irritation.
Also experts recommend regular steam procedures for the face with decoction of the plant in question - this will help to open and clean the pores, get rid of acne, restore the natural complexion of the face.You can use a strong decoction of chamomile and as a rinse for hair - this will lead to the restoration of the structure of the hair after too aggressive procedures( dyeing, perm, etc.), stop hair loss, restore the shine and silky shine.
Contraindications to the use of chamomile medicinal
Despite such remarkable properties of the plant in question, one must know and always remember the need to use caustic daisy medicinally.The fact that it is contraindicated with a tendency to diarrhea on the background of benign / malignant tumors in the intestines and increased acidity of gastric juice.Very often, an allergic reaction is noted for the daisy, in which case it is necessary to abandon the use of the plant in the framework of medical procedures, because this only worsens the person's well-being and reduces immunity.
Note: if decoctions / tinctures of chamomile medicinal take a person for a long time, then complaints can arise about increased irritability, unmotivated weakness, non-intensive, but permanent headaches.In this case, you need to stop taking the medication and seek medical advice from your doctor.
How to cook chamomile broth
It would seem that it's easier - to prepare a decoction of chamomile medicinal?It turns out that in medicine there are 3 ways of preparing such a drug.And, doctors insist on the purchase of dried flowers of chamomile in the pharmacy - for self-collection and drying of the plant you need to know a few nuances.
Recipes of decoctions of chamomile medicinal:
- Chamomile flowers are poured steep and boiling water in the proportion of 1 tablespoon of dry raw material per 300 ml of water.Insists such a remedy 60 minutes - this is the simplest recipe for preparing a decoction of chamomile medicinal.
- It is necessary to take 2 tablespoons of dried flowers of chamomile medicinal and 200 ml of water, in a water bath the mixture should be allowed to stand for half an hour, then the broth is filtered through gauze.Thus, a strong broth of chamomile is prepared, which, if necessary, can be diluted with water in the right proportion - the beneficial properties will be preserved.
- In enameled dishes you need to boil the flowers of chamomile with water( proportion: 1 tablespoon of raw material per 300 ml of water), literally - just bring it to the boil.Then the broth is removed from the fire, cooled and filtered.
Camomile for children
Every mother knows perfectly well that bathing a baby in water with a decoction of chamomile medicinal is very useful.And to prepare such a curative bath is easy - just take a tablespoon of dried flowers, pour all the boiling water( 1 liter) and leave to infuse.Usually 60 minutes is enough, but the main indicator of the readiness of the infusion for bathing the baby is the flowers of the plant, which have fallen to the bottom.
Note: before pouring chamomile in a bath with water, you must strain the remedy - the contact of raw materials with the skin of the baby is extremely undesirable, since it can provoke the development of severe irritation.
After such bathing with infusion of chamomile, a deeper and more peaceful sleep of the child is noted, its tender / sensitive skin will always be healthy, and the signs of irritation( sweat) will disappear.
Very good help chamomile medicinal and in the fight against intestinal colic of the child - for this the child is given tea from the plant in question. The preparation is prepared as follows:
- 1 teaspoon of dried chamomile medicinal flowers pour a glass of boiling water( 300 ml);
- tea is infused for 30-60 minutes;
- the resulting product must be filtered and diluted with boiled water in a 1: 1 ratio.
As a result, a slightly yellow drink should be obtained, which is given to children to drink 3-4 times a day immediately after meals in small quantities.
Please Note: prescribing funds from chamomile medicine should be done by a child specialist.And in any case, you can not abuse such measures - for example, you can bathe an infant in a bath with a decoction of chamomile not more than once a week.
Chamomile officinalis is often used to treat certain gynecological diseases - women are well aware that syringing the vagina with a decoction or infusion of the medicinal plant in question helps to get rid of uncomfortable sensations. Most often gynecologists recommend to perform the douching procedure for the following diseases:
- Cervical erosion.It is only about the earliest stage of development of this pathology - syringing with decoction of chamomile medicinal will help get rid of uncomfortable sensations and contribute to early healing.Candidiasis vaginalis, or thrush.
- Due to its unique composition, chamomile medicinal( decoction from it) helps to get rid of inflammation and irritation of the vaginal mucosa.The most surprising is that even a series of chamomile syringes does not lead to dryness of the vagina, which is the main problem of various candles / tablets for treatment of thrush.
- Inflammation of the bladder, or cystitis.Usually, doctors recommend that you carry out the baths with chamomile broth in this disease, but douching will not be superfluous - this procedure will prevent the penetration of the infection into the genital tract, which often happens with cystitis.
Important: You should not make a decision about syringing with a decoction of chamomile medicinal for the aforementioned gynecological diseases - such appointments should be made by a doctor.For example, it is impossible to carry out a similar procedure during pregnancy, and, absolutely unimportant in this case, the term.Do not syringe daisies to women over the age of 40, to abandon the described procedure is necessary and during menstruation.
Chamomile tea perfectly relieves stress and gives relief - doctors recommend using even absolutely healthy people after heavy days.It is noted after the use of tea from chamomile improvement of sleep - it becomes full, deep, spontaneous spills disappear.But it is worth remembering - at the same time taking any sedative medications and tea from camomile is strictly not recommended.
This drug also has a weak analgesic effect - tea can be used to rinse the mouth with certain gum diseases.
Chamomile tea quickly and effectively removes spasms of the intestines, relieves diarrhea when eating fatty foods or fermented milk products, lowers cholesterol.But be extremely careful - among the properties of chamomile, there is also the ability to influence the density of blood, tea from the plant in question will dilute it.Therefore, if a person is already taking any medications with a liquefying effect, tea from chamomile will be contraindicated to him.
How to make chamomile tea:
- Classical.On 200 ml of steep boiling water you need to put 2 teaspoons of dried chamomile flowers and cover the jar with a lid.Tea is infused for 20-30 minutes, then filtered and used.To improve the taste of this product, you can add honey or a raspberry plant.
- With mint.Chamomile flowers and peppermint leaves are taken in equal parts - 1 teaspoonful each, filled with a glass of steep boiling water and insisted for 30 minutes.You can take such tea as a sedative and as part of the prevention of gallstones.
- With melissa.It is prepared as well as chamomile tea with mint, taken in an arbitrary order, has not only a calming effect - tea from chamomile with melissa has a beneficial effect on the work of the respiratory system, so that it will be relevant for a cold.
- With herbs.If you mix sweet clover, chamomile, peppermint and St. John's wort in equal proportions( 1 coffee spoon) and pour it all with a glass of boiling water, then after insisting you will get a means to reduce appetite, which also has cleaning properties.
Camomile during pregnancy
Pregnant women are not allowed to use most medicines, restrictions are imposed on medicinal plants.Many doubt whether it is possible to use chamomile in the period of gestation - the answer to this question can only be given by specialists.
- a camomile broth that can be used for bathing and washing;
- with chamomile it is advisable to carry out inhalations - this will help quickly cure a cold or respiratory infection;
- tea from chamomile( and in its pure form, and with the addition of other components) pregnant can be drunk, but in extremely limited quantities.
Please Note: Chamomile Dosage is conducive to the release of a large amount of the estrogen hormone, which can provoke miscarriage in the early stages or premature births at later stages.If there is no urgent need for tea from chamomile, then it is better to refuse this means for the entire period of carrying the child.
With all the positive qualities of chamomile, it is worth considering the need for prior consultation with a doctor - it may be restricted in the application of the plant in question.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category.