Herbal treatment in ARI
May 11, 2018
ARD is a whole group of diseases affecting the human respiratory system.These include inflammation of the pharynx( pharyngitis), larynx( tracheitis), as well as some bronchitis.Their appearance and development is associated with general or local hypothermia and a decrease in protective forces( immunity).As a consequence, favorable conditions are created for the growth and reproduction of infectious agents( bacteria or viruses).
A significant part of the symptoms of ARI occurring in the early stages is due to the development of inflammatory processes in the mucous membranes of the upper respiratory tract.The patient has a runny nose, sore throat during the swallowing act and cough.At the same time, a general malaise is noted and a febrile reaction is soon associated with an increase in body temperature.The cold is not harmless.If you "start" the disease, serious complications can develop, sometimes leading to even disability.Table of contents: Groups of medicinal plants recommended for treatment of acute respiratory infections. Which plants should be used in ARI and cold? Herbal collections
Most doctors do not recommend immediately starting to take pills, called "handfuls".In the early stages of acute respiratory disease can be treated with herbs.Phytotherapy helps prevent the progression of the disease or alleviate its course, provided that the herbal preparations are started to be applied in a timely manner, i.e., the earlier, the better.
Please note : treatment with folk remedies of ARI is permissible only after consultation with a physician-therapist.In no case should you neglect the traditional drugs prescribed to you.In addition, it should be borne in mind that some compounds present in plants are potent biologically active substances, and have a number of contraindications to use.They often cause the development of allergic reactions.
Groups of medicinal plants recommended for the treatment of ARD
By the nature of the action, several main groups of herbs shown for the treatment of colds at home can be identified:
- is an anti-inflammatory;
- are enveloping;
- is soothing.
Which plants should be used in ARI and cold
The antibacterial effect of a number of herbs is due to the presence of phytoncide compounds in them.
Growth and reproduction of pathogens effectively prevent:
- St. John's wort;Led swamp;
A huge amount of phytoncids is also present in pine buds and fennel fruits.
Some grasses are enveloped by the mucus contained in them and some other biologically active substances.
You can soften the sore throat with the help of decoctions and infusions based on the following medicinal plants:
- medinica medicinal;
- clover meadow.
Icelandic moss and mullein are widely used for the treatment of acute respiratory infections and colds at home, the decoctions of which also help to soften the dryness of the throat.
To reduce inflammation in colds, it is better to use such phytopreparations as:
- Chamomile Pharmacy;
Excellent for sore throat and ARD lime color.
Note: The dried leaves of coltsfoot with cold have a complex bactericidal and anti-inflammatory effect.This unique plant is a real storehouse of useful substances.
The bronchodilator( expanding bronchus) effect is possessed by:
- fruit of anise.
To achieve liquefaction of the bronchial secretion and to facilitate the departure of sputum, the following plants containing active saponin compounds are recommended:
The sweating effect of some medicinal plants helps to bring down the heat.
For the control of hyperthermia( fever) in ARI and cold,
- raspberries( fresh, dried or canned berries);
- lime color;
- cranberries( fruits);
- Kalinu( fruit);
- Elderberry( flowers).
Important : The berries of cranberries and raspberries in ARI not only reduce temperature, but also have a general health effect due to the high content of vitamins, in particular - necessary for improving the immunity of ascorbic acid!
When treating domestic cold common folk remedies, it is advisable to use phytocomplexes, which include 2-3( and more) medicinal herbs.Fees for ARI can be purchased in pharmacy chains or prepared independently.
Traditional medicine offers a number of formulations that have a complex therapeutic effect.
To measure out a dry vegetative substrate it is the easiest to use a regular table spoon, taking it for 1 conditional part.
Recipes for the preparation of decoctions and infusions at home
- Take 2 parts of the leaves of coltsfoot and dried raspberries, as well as 1 part of oregano grass.Prepare an infusion from the mixture.A day is recommended to drink 200 ml.Healing infusion can help reduce inflammation, destroy pathogenic bacteria, slightly bring down the temperature and strengthen the body.
- Take equal amounts of lime flowers, peppermint leaves and elderberry and chamomile flowers.Make a collection of infusion and consume 200 ml in 3 divided doses throughout the day.Phytopreparation is characterized by anti-inflammatory, soothing and restorative properties, it is simply irreplaceable for the treatment of acute respiratory infections in the home.
- The same amount of chamomile flowers, raspberries and herbs of oregano mixed and poured with boiling water.The ready-made infusion will help to expand the bronchi, soften the cough and bring down the temperature.Take 2 tbsp.L.Before eating 3 times a day.
- Mix dried psyllium leaves with equal amounts of herb St. John's wort and lime dry.Make a mixture of the broth and drink it for 3 tablespoons before meals 3-4 times a day.The drug will help reduce inflammation and soften the sore throat.
Recipes for rinsing
For colds, herbal treatment can assume not only the intake of various medicinal infusions and decoctions inside, but also the rinsing of the nasopharynx and oral cavity, where during the disease the viruses and bacteria actively multiply.Local procedures will help to quickly stop the symptoms of laryngitis and pharyngitis.
For the treatment of acute respiratory infections in the home rinses:
- In 3 parts of the sage leaves, take 1 part of the crushed oak bark, althea root, fennel fruits and root of the cotton spade.Make a decoction or infusion and use it to rinse your mouth and throat every 2-3 hours.The drug is characterized by pronounced antimicrobial activity.
- For 1 part of the oak bark, take 2 parts of the herb oregano and cook from this collection of broth.Rinse the sore throat 5-6 times during the day.Gargles with decoction reduce inflammation and kill germs.
- For rinses also prepare a decoction from a collection consisting of equal quantities of mint leaves, chamomile flowers and fennel fruits.
For local use in the form of rinses, mother-and-stepmother, eucalyptus, plantain and oregano in ARI are particularly effective.These plants are used to make infusions, both in the composition of fees, and separately.To influence the mucous throat, you can also use fresh radish juice, diluted with water in a ratio of 2: 1.
Recipes for the treatment of bronchitis
Often, the cold leads to complications such as acute bronchitis.With complicated ARI treatment with herbs will significantly ease the course of the disease and improve the drainage of the lower respiratory tract.
Patients are shown a hot fluffy drink.
Recommended, for example, such fees for making infusions:
- For 1 part of elderberry flowers take as many fruits of fennel and 2 parts of lime flowers and violet grass.Prepare the infusion and drink a third cup three times a day.
- Take equal volumes of licorice roots, elecampane and leaves of coltsfoot.Warm infusion from this collection is recommended to drink 2 ml three times a day.The drug has a good emollient and expectorant effect in ARI.
If the bronchitis has already passed into the chronic phase, then with this complication of cold, folk remedies can be treated with the following infusions:
- For 1 part of oregano take the same shoots of ledum and birch leaves, as well as 2 parts of flowersChamomile and leaves of mother-and-stepmother.Pour boiling water, insist, strain and drink 200 ml before meals three times a day.
- 1 part of herb-coltsfoot and 1.5 parts of dried licorice roots of elecampane pour boiling water, insist and take 75-100 ml 4 times a day.
Useful tips for the treatment of colds folk remedies
An excellent remedy for enlarging the bronchi is the pine kidney.Decoctions and infusions of them, subject to regular intake, allow patients to get rid of wheezing for 3-4 days from the beginning of the course treatment.
If patients with acute respiratory diseases are suffering from attacks of severe cough, then in treatment at home, preference should be given to plants with a complex antimicrobial, expectorant and general soothing effect.You can, in particular, recommend phytopreparations with a high content of a biologically active substance, such as thymol.Among them thyme, thyme and oregano.
For acute symptoms of angina, it is necessary to prepare decoctions and infusions with the highest possible concentration of nutrients.For this, 1 liter of water is usually taken for 6-7 tablespoons of herbal dues.Ready-made medicinal beverages are often recommended to be consumed in shock doses - 4-5 glasses per day.As the condition improves( stagnation of the main clinical manifestations), the dose should be reduced.
A medicinal drink can be prepared on milk.When coughing against the background of acute bronchitis, a decoction of sage leaves( 1 tablespoon dry leaves per 200 ml of milk) helps a lot.
Garlic with a cold is recommended to consume, pre-shredded and combined in a ratio of 1: 1 with natural honey.The resulting mixture in ARI should be taken at 1 tbsp.L.Several times a day, necessarily washing down with a lot of water.The drug from garlic is an excellent bactericidal and strengthening agent.
Contraindications to treatment of ARI with herbs
The list of contraindications in medicinal plants is much less than that of synthetic preparations, but caution should always be taken using traditional medicine recipes.
Essential oils and many other compounds that exhibit biological activity can cause allergic reactions in a number of patients.
Broths and infusions( especially - saturated) can adversely affect the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract and over-stimulate gastric secretion.In this regard, persons suffering from hyperacid gastritis or peptic ulcer disease should, before starting to take phytopreparations for ARI treatment at home, consult not only with the therapist, but, if possible, with the gastroenterologist.
A number of medicinal herbs can not be used to treat ARI in children.
Increased alertness should also be given to pregnant and lactating women - they are categorically contraindicated in a huge number of medicinal plants.
More information about herbal treatment you get by viewing this video review:
Plisov Vladimir Alexandrovich, phyto-therapeutist