Temperature without symptoms
May 25, 2018
Hyperthermia( increase in body temperature) always means the appearance of pathological processes in the body, and in some cases this syndrome refers to the body's reaction to external stimuli.Often, patients come to the doctor with a complaint about a regular increase in temperature with no other symptoms of the disease at all - this is a very dangerous condition that requires the help of professionals.The temperature without symptoms can be observed in both adults and children - for each category of patients there are "own" reasons for the occurrence of the condition in question.Table of contents: Causes of an increase in symptom-free temperature in adults Causes of a fever without symptoms in a child When the temperature without symptoms of a cold is not dangerous What can be done at a high temperature without symptoms Recommendations for adults
Causes of temperature increase without symptoms in adults
In medicine, there are several groups of causes and factors that can trigger a fever without other symptoms:
- Pathological processes of pusth and infectious nature.If hyperthermia appears without nausea and vomiting, headaches and altered secretions from the genitals, then it is possible to recognize the developing infection according to the following characteristics of hyperthermia:
- , the temperature rises several times during the day and rises without any medication - this means the presence ofThe body of an abscess( a localized site of pus accumulation) or the development of tuberculosis;
- suddenly elevated temperature, which does not decrease for several days, indicates infection of the urogenital tract;
- high temperature keeps within certain parameters, does not decrease even after using antipyretic medicines, and the next day drops sharply - this will raise suspicion of typhoid fever.
- Various injuries.The rise in temperature in the absence of other symptoms of the disease can be triggered by soft tissue injuries, bruises( even a splinter, which is in the thick of the tissue for a long time, can cause hyperthermia).
- Neoplasms( tumors).An uncontrolled rise in temperature is often the first and only sign of existing tumors in the body.Moreover, they can be both benign, and malignant.
- Diseases of the endocrine system.Such pathologies rarely cause a sudden increase in temperature, but there are exceptions.
- Pathological changes in the composition / structure of the blood - for example, lymphoma or leukemia.Pay attention: with blood diseases, the temperature increase is periodic.
- Systemic diseases - for example, scleroderma, lupus erythematosus.
- Some pathologies of the joints are rheumatoid arthritis, arthrosis.
- The inflammatory process in the renal pelvis is pyelonephritis, but only of a chronic form.Infection of the meningococcal character. .Accompanied by a sudden increase in temperature to critical values, after taking antipyretics, the condition stabilizes, but only for a short time.
- Dysfunction of the subcortical apparatus of the brain - hypothalamic syndrome.In this case, hyperthermia( an increase in body temperature) can be fixed for years, but other symptoms are completely absent.
- Complication after the flu and / or angina - endocarditis infectious etiology.
- Allergic reactions - high temperature decreases and completely stabilizes as soon as the patient gets rid of the allergen.
- Mental disorders.
For more information on the possible causes of hyperthermia, see the video review:
Causes of temperature increase without symptoms in a child
In children, fever without other symptoms can occur for the following reasons:
- A bacterial / infectious disease develops.In the first few days, only high temperature will be present from the symptoms, and even in the next day sometimes only an expert can recognize the "presence" of pathology in the child's body. Please note: in this case, antipyretic drugs normalize the temperature for a very short time.
- Teething( erupting) of the teeth - hyperthermia does not give critical indicators and is easily removed with specific medications.
- The child has overheated - this can happen not only during the hot season, but also in winter.
More information on asymptomatic hyperthermia in children is told by the pediatrician:
When the temperature without symptoms of cold is not dangerous
Despite the danger of the situation, in some cases it is possible to do without a doctor even at high body temperature. In the case of adult patients, there is no need to worry about the following cases of :
- , there has been a recent overt fatigue or stress in the recent past;
- for a long time were under the sun or in a stuffy room - the temperature will indicate overheating;
- has a history of diagnosed vegetative-vascular dystonia - this disease is manifested by sudden hyperthermia.
Note: adolescence is considered to be the cause of a spontaneous temperature increase itself - this is due to active growth.In the process, hormones are intensively produced, too much energy is spilled out, which is the cause of hyperthermia.In adolescence, asymptomatic fever is characterized by sudden manifestation, short duration.
In terms of childhood, parents should know the following:
- Overheating of a child can occur in summer and winter due to improper selection of clothes - in this case, medical help is not needed.Pay attention to the behavior of the child - when overheating it is apathetic and sleepy.
- Teething.This process can last for many months and it is not necessary for the baby to have a fever.But if, on the background of hyperthermia, there is a child's anxiety, increased salivation, then you can not go to the doctor-most likely 2-3 days later the baby's condition will be normalized.
- Children's infections.If the temperature quickly and permanently stabilizes after taking antipyretics, then you can take a wait-and-see attitude and conduct a dynamic observation of the child's condition.Often the simplest childhood infections( colds) are mild and the body copes with them without the help of medications.
What can be done at a high temperature without symptoms
If the child has a fever, this is not a reason to immediately call an ambulance or invite a pediatrician to the house.Even doctors recommend the following:
- ventilate the room where the child is most often;
- make sure that it is dry clothes - hyperthermia can be increased sweating;
- at subfebrile indices( up to 37.5), you can not take any measures to reduce the temperature - the body in this case successfully fights with the problems that have arisen;
- at high rates( up to 38,5) wipe the baby with a napkin soaked in cool water, attach a slightly mashed cabbage leaf to the forehead;
- in case of too high a temperature it is worth giving an antipyretic drug.
Please note: antipyretic drugs must be in the medicine cabinet necessarily - a rise in temperature usually occurs spontaneously, especially often at night.To choose an effective medicine, it is worth consulting with the pediatrician beforehand.
Also keep in mind that the upper limits of normal body temperature vary with age:
Hyperthermia develops thirst - do not limit the baby to drinking, offer juices, tea, raspberry compote and plain water. Important : if the baby was born with any developmental abnormality or a history of a birth injury, then the wait-and-see attitude should not be taken - immediately seek medical help.
Situations when it is necessary to "sound alarm" :
- the child refuses food even after temperature stabilization;
- there is a slight jerking of the chin - this can signal a beginning seizure syndrome;
- there are changes in breathing - it has become deeper and more rare or, on the contrary, the baby breathes too often and superficially;
- the child sleeps several hours in a row at day and night, does not react to toys;
- skin of the face became too pale.
Recommendations for adults
If an adult patient has a regular temperature increase and nothing in his state of health is no longer changing, then he should immediately consult a doctor and undergo a full examination.
Measures that can be taken at home:
- the patient should take a reclining position - peace normalizes the psycho-emotional background and calms the nervous system;
- it is possible to conduct an aromatherapy session - to lower the temperature, tea tree oil and orange will help;
- soak rags in a solution of vinegar with water( taken in equal amounts) and attach to the forehead - this compress should be changed every 10-15 minutes;
- drink tea with raspberry jam or with the addition of viburnum / cowberry / cranberry / lime-colored.
Also some useful recommendations you can get by viewing this video:
If the body temperature becomes high, then you can use any antipyretic medicine.Pay attention: if even after taking medications the hyperthermia remained at the same level, the person has signs of fever, his consciousness is clouded, then the doctor and his doctor should decide on the issue of treatment and hospitalization.
The temperature without symptoms in any case should alert and after stabilization of the status it is recommended to undergo a full-fledged examination from different specialists - early diagnosis of many diseases is a guarantee of a favorable prognosis.Especially dangerous is the situation where the high temperature without symptoms lasts several days in a row, and taking antipyretics gives relief to the patient only for a short period of time - treatment to the doctors should be immediate.
Yana Tsygankova, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category.