35 Week of Pregnancy: How Mum and Baby Feel
May 25, 2018
Week 35 is the completion of the eighth month of pregnancy .The kid is almost ready to appear, but for 3-4 weeks it is better for him to sit in my mother's stomach.In order not to be nervous and not to fuss in the event of the onset of labor, it is desirable for the future mother to collect an "anxious suitcase" now.Table of contents: Fetus at 35 weeks gestation: height and weight Maternity's well-being Possible complications Visit to gynecologist We collect a bag in the maternity home: useful advice How to prepare for the upcoming birth?
Fetus at 35 weeks gestation: height and weight
The baby is recovered daily by 30-40 g, so by the end of 35 weeks the weight of his chubby body is 2.5 kg on average.Well, the growth does not increase so quickly - for a week the baby grows by 1-2 cm. The rate of weight gain and growth of the child largely depend on the genetic factors and the functioning of utero-placental-fetal blood circulation.If everything is in order, the fetus grows, if there are problems( for example, fetoplacental insufficiency, gestosis), the baby may begin to lag behind in development.
For the eighth month of intrauterine life, the crumb became noticeably rounded, almost got rid of the hair guns and looked like a newborn baby .At week 35, most of the boys' eggs are already in the scrotum, and the girls have large labia covering the small ones. Legs on pens and legs have grown to the edge of the nail bed, hair appeared on the head( some babies can be born and completely bald).The fruit actively opens its eyes when awake.They are still blue( some kids are darker, others are lighter).Kroha periodically hiccups and even coughs.
Fetal movements at week 35 are very intense in strength, but in general they can become smaller - the baby has nowhere to turn somersaults. If he has not yet taken the correct position in the uterus, Mom should talk with his doctor about the possibility of practicing gymnastics, helping the crumb overturn.By the way, some babies can make their mom happy by changing the position of the body just before the birth, so you should not worry about it sooner.
On the 35th week the maturation of the fetal nervous and immune system continues( this process will continue after birth). But the lungs are almost ready for the first breath.Ready to receive the first food and the digestive system of the baby. A lot of meconium has accumulated in its intestine, which normally leaves only after birth.If the crumb will feel hypoxia, meconium can be released into the amniotic fluid before.Therefore, the outflow of a turbid greenish amniotic fluid from the vagina of a woman during labor is regarded by doctors as a sign that the fetus lacked oxygen.
The state of health of a future mother
For a woman, the 35th week of pregnancy does not feel particularly different from the previous ones:
- All are also concerned about shortness of breath, heartburn and constipation.
- Swollen legs and hands.
- Colostrum is allocated from the chest.Because of the increase in mammary glands, discomfort may appear to reduce it, it is advisable to start wearing a special nursing bra in the day, now it has a comfortable shape and soft bones.
- Walking, bending down, crouching becomes heavier.
- Backache, pelvis, legs hurts.The closer the birth, the more women in the blood concentrate the special hormone relaxin.It promotes softening of connective tissue( ligaments, tendons, cartilage) and divergence of pelvic bones.However, the action of relaxin extends not only to the pelvis, so there is discomfort in other parts of the body.
- Frequent urge to urinate, urine involuntarily released during tension.
- At night it is impossible to find a comfortable position and fall asleep.
- Periodically stony stomach - it's training fights.
- Aggravation and forgetfulness is aggravated.
- Wiggling baby is not always pleasing - a crumb can be pushed leg into the liver and ribs, which can be very painful.
At 35 weeks the bottom of the uterus almost reaches its maximum level - reaches the xiphoid process of the sternum.Accordingly, the stomach rises and protrudes even more.Hence the sluggishness, and deterioration of well-being. However, soon the baby, and with it the uterus, will start to fall into the pelvic region, so it will become easier to breathe, and other unpleasant problems may also occur.
The weight gain of a future mother for 35 weeks can fluctuate within 250-300 g. The total weight gain on this term should not exceed 13-13.5 kg( optimally - 10-11 kg).
If a woman is waiting for twins or triplets, births may begin as early as this week.But for babies who live alone in my mother's belly, it's too early to be born, because preterm infants may have problems with breathing, thermoregulation, digestion and nervous system.The risk of developing such complications at week 35 is, of course, small, but there are, and this should be remembered.
If the expectant mother has abdominal pain and spotting from the vagina, doctors should be called immediately.This can be a detachment of the placenta. If a child's place has moved away from the uterus wall in a large area, a woman is likely to be urgently operated by a cesarean section, since in this situation the fetus feels an acute shortage of oxygen.
Another possible complication of 35 weeks is fetoplacental insufficiency.Precisely diagnose this pathology with Doppler.The reason to refer a woman to this study are:
- Reducing the motor activity of the baby.
- Slowing of uterine enlargement( an indirect sign that the fetus does not grow).
- Severe chronic illness in a future mother.
Finally, at 35 weeks there is a risk of gestosis.This complication is manifested by the following symptoms:
- with high blood pressure( it can be suspected due to constant headache);
- edemas, which do not disappear after rest and arise even when observing a low-fat diet;
- is a protein in the urine( it can be detected with the help of the usual general urine test, which every future mother gives before going to the gynecologist).
Visit to gynecologist
Starting from 35 weeks, it is advisable for a future mother to visit the doctor weekly.Such measures are necessary for the timely detection of complications. And they can develop at such a time at any time, so a pregnant woman should not contradict a gynecologist and refuse from the analyzes and studies assigned to him( the same ultrasound or CTG).Each of them carries a certain diagnostic value and helps the doctor to take the necessary measures in time - for example, to prescribe medications that improve blood flow in the uterus and placenta, or to send it to inpatient treatment.
At week 35, the general examination of urine and examination by the gynecologist ( reference to examination and feeling of the abdomen, measuring the height of the uterine fundus, listening to the baby's heartbeat, checking blood pressure, weight, etc.) are mandatory examinations.During the conversation with the doctor, you can discuss issues related to the forthcoming birth. Some women already at this time can be shown indications for the planned cesarean section.
This planned operation is called because it is carried out in advance - before the onset of contractions( usually at 38-39 weeks).Indications for such surgery are the following conditions:
- complete placenta previa( if the exit from the uterus is completely covered by the placenta);
- too narrow a pelvis in a woman;
- presence on the uterus of one inferior or two or more complete postoperative scars( the condition of scars is determined with the help of ultrasound);
- strong vaginal varicose veins( varicose veins may interfere with the passage of the baby);
- some diseases in a future mother, for example, heart disease, myopia high degree.
Closer to childbirth and childbirth, there may also be conditions that are an indication for surgical delivery, but this is still too early to think about.
We collect the bag in the hospital: useful advice
The most important task of this week for a future mother is to collect bags for the maternity home.In addition to the documents( an exchange card, a passport and a generic certificate) that a woman should always carry with her, it must include:
- robe and night shirt( preferably 2 sets);
- slippers that are easy to clean;
- underwear - 4-5 pairs of panties( can be special disposable), bras for feeding;
- several pairs of socks;
- 2 towels;
- set of bed linen( not always allowed);
- pads for postpartum excreta and breast;
- packaging disposable diapers and thin cotton diapers or sheets for the postpartum period;
- hygienic supplies( soap, toothbrush, etc.);
- tableware( cup, plate, spoon);
- wet and dry wipes, toilet paper;
- diapers( you can take a small pack for the smallest children) and special wet wipes;
- things, diapers and a blanket for your baby.
These are only general recommendations.Each future mother can add something and from herself or consult about the necessary things directly with the medical personnel of the chosen maternity hospital.
How to prepare for the upcoming birth?
As the expected date of delivery approaches, a pregnant woman, especially a pregnant woman for the first time, starts to torment her thoughts about how to behave during labor and labor, so as not to harm the baby, how to endure pain, what will happen after birth, how to put a newborn baby to the breast and t. There are usually a lot of questions.To find exhaustive answers on them and get rid of the experience, the future mother can enroll in special training courses for childbirth.
What do they give?First, direct communication with specialists( psychologists, obstetricians, gynecologists, pediatricians, breastfeeding instructors).Secondly, a lot of useful information. These courses are taught to recognize real fights, breathe properly, relax and push in childbirth, take care of newborns, develop mammary glands, and attach the baby to them. In addition, in the classroom, future moms can talk to each other, discuss maternity hospitals, doctors and much more, not always interesting and understandable to "non-pregnant people."Recommended to read:
Zubkova Olga Sergeevna, medical reviewer, epidemiologist