36th week of pregnancy: height, weight and development of the fetus, well-being of the expectant mother
May 25, 2018
Every day, the kid is gaining more and more weight, getting stronger, rounding and getting ready for birth.So, at week 36, its weight can exceed 2.7 kg, height - 47 cm. If the fruit is two or more, their parameters are usually less than average.However, despite this, just at this time, twins and triplets can appear, and doctors will not regard the event as a pathology.Multiple pregnancy is almost always a few weeks shorter than a single-fetal pregnancy.Contents: What happens to the baby at 36 weeks gestation?Maternal well-being Possible complications Necessary examinations Recommendations for prospective mothers
What happens to the baby at 36 weeks gestation?
At the 36th week the maturation of the main organs and systems of a small organism comes to an end:
- In the lungs, a surfactant is synthesized and accumulated.This substance plays a vital role - it does not give respiratory vesicles( alveoli) to subside during breathing.
- Enzymes are excreted in the digestive tract, which only digest amniotic fluid.Together with the bile, this sediment is transformed into meconium - a dark substance that will leave the baby's rectum in the first day after birth.
- Fat is deposited under the skin and between internal organs.It is necessary for warming the newborn and providing it with energy until the mother's lactation process is normal.
- Hematopoietic organs produce blood cells.
- The boys have testicles in the scrotum, the girls have large and small labia.
- In the nervous system there was a differentiation of the centers of regulation of the organism's activity.
- Endocrine organs release hormones, covering all the needs of the fetus.
- Lanugo and white grease practically disappeared on the body, which protected the skin of the crumbs from soaking.On the head appeared real hairs, and on the fingers - marigolds.
Now the baby will actively gain weight( every day at least 30 grams) and store nutrients( proteins, calcium, iron, vitamins, etc.), so the future mother needs to be especially attentive to her diet.It must necessarily be useful products - meat, milk, eggs, fish, cereals, vegetables and fruits.
The state of health of the future mother
The future mother gets better along with the baby - 200-300 g per week.If the total weight gain is not more than 13 kg, you should not worry - it will not be difficult to restore the former weight. If the numbers go off scale, it is desirable at least in the last weeks of waiting for a little crumbs to change their food.As overeating now is fraught with various problems with health - first of all constipations and a heartburn.
The main complaint presented by pregnant women at week 36 is constant fatigue. And it's no wonder - expectant mothers with insomnia are getting worse at insomnia, because of a large abdomen, legs and spine are overloaded, and shortness of breath also interferes with normal motor activity.All this can lead to complete exhaustion.Therefore, now the main thing is not to overcome fatigue and "build yourself a heroine," and often rest, and relax fully - so that the soul and body relax.
At 36 weeks, the bottom of the uterus almost reaches the xiphoid process( VDM is 35-37 cm), but from the next week the reverse process will begin - the uterus will move downward. Particularly noticeable lowering of the abdomen may be in the malfunctioning women - one day they begin to see their legs again and cease to feel heartburn.But these problems will be replaced by others - even more frequent urge to urinate, feeling the need to empty the intestines, although there is nothing in it, and discomfort in the pelvic region.
Possible complications of
The first is premature birth. Although the baby is already ready for birth, it is better to wait for it.It is not for nothing that nature laid down that a person should have a pregnancy lasting 40 weeks.The remaining time is necessary for the kid, in order to prepare for the upcoming stress, because both childbirth and the first hours of life are the hardest test for crumbs. In this regard, future mothers should not rush and experience different methods of approaching labor( intimacy, physical activity, enema, etc.) .Everything should happen by itself.The only exception is the need for urgent delivery in case of serious complications from the mother or fetus.
The second is placental abruption. If the placenta loses its connection with the uterus, the baby will feel an acute shortage of oxygen( starts to choke), and the woman will bleed.Therefore, the appearance of bloody discharge from the genital tract and / or pain in the lower abdomen requires immediate treatment in the maternity ward.
Another problem affecting the outcome of pregnancy and childbirth is infectious and inflammatory processes in the vagina. For childbirth, the genital tract of the expectant mother should be clean, otherwise the baby may become infected, inflammation of the endometrium in the postpartum period, etc. may occur.To determine whether everything is normal, a woman should simply pass a smear from the vagina.If the doctor reveals something, treatment will be required - usually local.In , the purpose of sanitation( purification) of the genital tract uses multicomponent candles and solutions with antibacterial and antifungal action.
Now it is necessary to go to the gynecologist weekly and, accordingly, to take urine weekly.In addition to this analysis, the doctor will give directions to other studies( tests for HIV and syphilis, blood biochemistry and smear from the genital tract ) - they should be re-planned before birth.
In addition, at 36 weeks of the future mother it is desirable to again make ultrasound with dopplerometry.Physicians on this date will be especially interested:
- the dimensions of the child at the time of the study( in particular the parameters of the head);
- estimated at the time of birth weight of crumbs;
- position of the fetus in the uterus;
- placement and condition of the placenta;
- quantity and quality of amniotic fluid;
- condition of the cervix;
- features blood flow between the uterus, placenta and fetus.
These data will help the gynecologist determine if the patient has had an indication for a caesarean section or for the cause of preterm labor.Sometimes you have to resort to such measures to save your baby's life.
Recommendations for prospective mothers
At 36 weeks of gestation, the following recommendations for a woman will be useful for a woman::
- If the baby is properly located in the uterus, it is desirable for the mother to wear a bandage.This will prevent the crumb from turning over and loosening the waist slightly.
- To prepare the pelvis and the genital tract to childbirth, you can do kegel exercises, massage the perineum, and go swimming.Also, there will be no extra breathing exercises.Proper breathing is one of the keys to the safe flow of labor.
- A pregnant woman in the last weeks of pregnancy is important to learn how to remove fatigue. Here's one way: sit in a comfortable chair, raise your legs in a horizontal position, place a small pillow under your waist, turn on pleasant music and just dream.If there is a desire, you can do knitting or embroidering.This also contributes to relaxation, most importantly, the posture during classes is comfortable.And in general to the future mum will not prevent to reduce the habitual rate and to start to do all more slowly.
- Special attention now needs to be given to nutrition. It should be easy and conducive to good bowel cleansing.It is desirable to eat 5-6 times a day in small portions.Before going to bed, you can drink a cup of milk, but not in a coma case not to eat up.
- It's better to delay long trips, all the more alone. When leaving the house for any reason you need to have documents( passport and exchange card).
- It is worth assembling with forces and solving important organizational questions: who will be lucky in the hospital, who will be at the delivery, who will be taken from the hospital. If the birth is a partner, the spouse can send for the delivery of a number of tests( this is best consulted with the selected obstetrician-gynecologist).
- It is necessary to finish the collection of the "alarm case", prepare a dowry for the baby and have to think over the outfits for yourself and the newborn.Kits of things are best left at home in a conspicuous place, so that relatives can easily collect everything and bring them to the hospital.
In addition, the future mother as ever should take care of herself.Any infection, trauma, falling, stress can provoke the development of complications.
Zubkova Olga Sergeevna, medical reviewer, epidemiologist doctor