26th week of pregnancy: development of fetus and sensation of a woman
May 26, 2018
Week 26 - last week 6 months and 2 trimester of pregnancy. The kid is already big enough, he knows a lot, but it's too early to be born.Without the help of doctors and special equipment, crumbs can not survive.Therefore, the future mother should direct all her efforts to safely deliver the pregnancy and not risk the child.Table of contents: Fetal dimensions at 26th week of pregnancy What happens to the baby at 26th week Feelings of woman at 26th week of pregnancy Abdominal parameters and weight gain Possible complications and their causes Required analyzes
Fetal dimensions at 26th week of pregnancy
Toddler growthBy the end of the week is 30-32 cm, weight - 750-850 g. If the mother is sent on this date to ultrasound, the specialist will be able to determine in more detail the value of all parts of the crumbs body:
- Head circumference, which is 26 weeksShould be within 23 cm.
- Abdominal circumference - 22 cm.
- . Thigh length - 5 cm.
- Shank length: 4.5 cm.
- Shoulder length: 4.4 cm.
- . Forearm length: 3,9 cm.
A special program, embedded in an ultrasound machine, evaluates these values and issues to the doctor the gestation period to which the fetal size corresponds.All information is necessarily entered in the study protocol.In the future, the gynecologist compares the actual and determined during ultrasound pregnancy with the parameters of the mother's abdomen( the height of the standing of the uterus and the abdominal circumference).This allows the doctor to identify the baby's hypotrophy - a delay in his intrauterine development.
What happens to the baby at week 26
At week 26, the achievements of the past months are consolidated and something completely new:
- The fruit tries to open its eyes. While he does it with difficulty, but thanks to the daily training of the muscles responsible for raising and lowering the eyelids, very soon everything will be successful.
- The brain structures responsible for central regulation of respiration mature. Now they are ready to get involved in work immediately after the birth of the child( this significantly increases his chance of survival in case of premature birth).
- The fetus's pituitary gland completely touches upon itself the function of providing the body with a growth hormone. Previously, my mother's endocrine system was responsible for this.
- Adrenal glands ( in close connection with the brain) begin to actively work - they synthesize very important hormones for glucose - glucocorticoids.These substances prepare the fetus for the filled stress of life outside the uterus.
Sensations of a woman at 26 weeks gestation
The closer the 3 trimester, the more likely the future mother will have various health problems:
- Swelling of the feet and hands. Puffiness should completely disappear after a night's sleep.If it does not disappear, it is already a threatening sign of a beginning gestosis.
- Heartburn. To reduce the severity of this symptom, it is desirable for the expectant mother to follow a special diet and do not go to bed immediately after eating.
- Shortness of breath. Occurs for several reasons: due to changes in the interposition of internal organs, anemia and increased stress on the heart.If dyspnea is painful all the time, you should always consult a cardiologist.Arterial pressure drops.
- . It is advisable for a future mother to monitor her arterial blood pressure not only at gynecological receptions, but also at home.Often, women are triggered by the so-called "white coat" phenomenon, when, due to fear, distress and discomfort in the doctor's office, the patient's blood pressure and heart beat increase.
- Pain in the lower back. This symptom should take place after rest.If the pain is increasing, you should go to the doctor( this may lead to premature birth).
- Cramped calves. arise due to lack of calcium and potassium.Correction of the diet should bring everything back to normal.The first help in cramping is a shin massage and pulling the sock over.
- Constipation. Their appearance is associated with the action of hormones and the increase in the size of the uterus.To bring the stool back to normal, the expectant mother should use more fiber and liquid, and also move as much as possible( do not sit and lie all day).In addition, pregnant women as laxatives can take lactulose preparations.
- Hemorrhoids and varicose veins. These problems have one common cause - the transfusion of venous vessels with an enlarged uterus.The approach to their treatment is somewhat different.In case of varicose disease, the future mother is prescribed anticoagulants, venotonics and wearing special compression tights .To solve the problem of hemorrhoids is possible with the help of nutrition correction, proper hygiene of the anal region and special painkillers and healing medicines of local action. To improve venous outflow from the lower body, pregnant women need to change their body position more often, do not stand for a long time and try to lift their legs during rest.
Each of these states should not cause severe discomfort.If discomfort is severe, it is necessary to consult a doctor. A future mother can not tolerate pain and start her health.
Abdominal parameters and weight gain of the woman at the end of the 6th month of pregnancy
The height of the standing of the womb at 26 weeks is 25-26 cm ( several fingers above the navel).Circumference of the abdomen - 1 cm more than the previous week.Undesirable significant deviations in both one and the other side.
Weight gain for this week should not exceed 400-500 g. The total increase for the entire pregnancy is about 8 kg.
Possible complications and their causes
A future mother at the 26th week of pregnancy can face the following complications of pregnancy:
- Threatening premature delivery. Occurs because of severe stress, hormonal disorders, cervical insufficiency, infectious processes, structural abnormalities and uterine tumors.
- Diabetes mellitus of pregnant women. is a consequence of the imbalance of hormones and the transient insensitivity of the cells of the female body to insulin.
- Anemia( anemia) is the result of inadequate intake or ineffective assimilation of iron by the body of a future mother.
- Dried by ( decreased amount of amniotic fluid).The main causes are infectious diseases, impaired function of the placenta, hypertension, obesity.
- Polyhydramnios ( excess formation of amniotic fluid).It develops in infections, Rh-incompatibility( when the Rh factor of the mother and the child do not coincide), malformations of the baby.
- The gestosis of is a severe disruption of the functioning of the female body, which develops as a result of pregnancy.The exact causes of this complication are not known.
- Presentation of the placenta , when completely or partially the child's place is located above the entrance to the cervix.It is believed that the risk of presentation is increased in women who have undergone multiple abortions, inflammation of the endometrium, and operations on the uterus.Also, bad habits and stress play a role in the emergence of this pathology.
- Hypoxia of the fetus - insufficient supply of baby oxygen.It develops with chronic cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases of the mother, anemia, pathologies of the placenta and umbilical cord, and gestosis.
- Rhesus sensitization of - irritation of the female body that has a negative Rh factor, red blood cells of the Rh-positive child.If a woman's pregnancy is first, there is no need to worry, because the mother's organism can face the red blood cells of the fetus only during labor and abortions.The danger is repeated pregnancy .To avoid serious problems, future mothers with rhesus-sensitization in the 3rd trimester have a special treatment for .
If the future mother is registered with a women's consultation, the gynecologist visits regularly and passes all the studies prescribed by him, the listed complications will be revealed at the initial stages of development.This will enable doctors to conduct timely treatment.
When a woman is in the position to register, the gynecologist chooses the most appropriate pregnancy management plan in accordance with her state of health. It will include a package of compulsory studies and a number of additional analyzes and procedures - each woman will have something of her own.Some pregnant women during the entire period of carrying crumbs will undergo 2-3 ultrasound examinations, and a number of mothers will have to walk on ultrasound almost every month.The same situation can be with the analysis.Therefore, if the pregnant girlfriend the gynecologist in addition to obligatory inspections appoints something above the norm, and you do not, do not worry and blame the doctor for negligence.So, the girlfriend has evidence for this.
According to the plan for the 26th week of pregnancy for each expectant mother, the following studies are shown:
- Urinalysis( it is advisable to pass the day before the visit to the gynecologist so that the doctor can get the result).
- Test of glucose tolerance( usually conducted between 24-28 weeks).
All other tests for indications:
- Ultrasound with doppler if any abnormalities are detected during examination of the woman( abdominal mismatch, gestation of the child's heart, etc.).
- An overall blood test if there is a suspicion of anemia or to monitor the effectiveness of treating this condition.
- Blood test for hemolysins or antibodies for Rh-conflict( performed once a month).
- Assays for hormones.
- Inoculation of vaginal discharge and urine upon detection of inflammatory processes in the urogenital organs of a woman.
During a routine examination at 26th week, the gynecologist should check the weight of the pregnant patient, measure her blood pressure, feel and measure the abdomen, listen to the fetal heartbeat, examine the woman's legs for swelling and varicose veins.Recommended to read:
Zubkova Olga Sergeevna, medical reviewer, epidemiologist