What should I do if I feel sick?
May 26, 2018
What is nausea is known to everyone - uncomfortable sensations in the upper abdomen, in the chest, it seems that there is some foreign object in the throat.Naturally, every person wants to get rid of nausea as soon as possible - in addition to discomfort, dizziness, sudden weakness, increased sweating, lowering blood pressure( or raising it) may be present.Table of contents: Frequent nausea - causes of occurrence Types of nausea and methods of getting rid of it
Frequent nausea - reasons for the appearance ofRecommended:
Statistic, most often nausea occurs for the following reasons:
- a sudden feelingFear or anxiety;
- aversion to food;
- excessive excitement( for example, before some important event);
- overwhelmed the negative emotions.
If the nausea has appeared simultaneously, then to restore the normal state, the following measures can be taken:
- use validol - 1 tablet under the tongue until complete resorption;
- soak cotton wool in ammonia and gently sniff it;
- immediately expose to fresh air;
- dilute in a small amount of water 10 drops of tincture of peppermint and drink;
- do not consume water, and if there is such a need, then drink it in small sips.
Note: if seizures are repeated many times, the patient's condition worsens, it means the development of any pathological process in the body.In general, nausea is not a specific symptom and is inherent in many diseases.In this case, you need to immediately consult a doctor for examination and clarification of the diagnosis.
To understand why nausea in humans may occur, one must know its development mechanisms. So, in medicine, the following mechanisms of nausea development are distinguished:
- visceral nausea;
- motor nausea;
- haematogenous toxic nausea.
For each type of nausea, doctors identify typical causes:
- Central nausea can be the result of the development of inflammatory and infectious processes in the brain and its membranes - for example, brain concussion, various injuries, benign and /Or malignant.The same type of nausea may indicate a steady increase in blood pressure and a beginning hypertonic crisis.
- Hematogenous-toxic nausea is the result of exposure to toxic substances.Moreover, they can get from the outside - in this case, doctors will talk about poisoning the patient, but can be produced by the body itself.For example, hematogenous-toxic nausea is common in people with diagnosed and progressive renal failure, endocrine system diseases, benign / malignant tumors, and pregnancy.This type of nausea can be associated with the use of certain drugs - in this case, it will be a side effect of medications.
- Motor nausea may occur against the background of the development of inflammatory or infectious diseases of the ear, with imperfections in the vestibular apparatus( eg, congenital malformation of the anatomical structure).Adult people and children often experience an attack of nausea during a rapid movement, talk about "motion sickness" - this is also the motor type of the condition in question.
- Visceral nausea often appears as one of the symptoms of stomach cancer, peptic ulcer of stomach and duodenum, inflammation of the pancreas( pancreatitis), inflammation of the gallbladder( cholecystitis), inflammation of the gastric mucosa( gastritis).No less often nausea occurs against the background of the progression of diseases of the pharynx, pleura, myocardial infarction, renal colic and thrombosis.
Types of nausea and methods of getting rid of discomfort
Of course, in order to make an accurate diagnosis and find out the true cause of nausea, it is necessary to go to a medical institution - it is quite possible that this unpleasant sensation indicates the development of a pathological process in the body.But some kinds of a nausea can be differentiated and independently, to take measures on an arrest of an attack.
Nausea in the mornings
First of all, this can be a sign of the fait accompli of conception, pregnancy.As a rule, such unpleasant feelings bother the woman only in the first trimester of pregnancy, but in some cases, nausea can occur even later - in this case, it will be a matter of late toxicosis, which requires qualified help from doctors. To relieve an attack of morning sickness during pregnancy( just first make sure of the diagnosis - take a pregnancy test, visit a gynecologist), it is enough to take the following measures:
- not get up off the bed;
- still lying in bed drinking a little clean water with the addition of lemon juice;
- to eat a small piece of dry biscuit and apple until the moment of getting up.
The second cause of nausea in the morning is lack of sleep, chronic fatigue syndrome. To get rid of nausea in the morning due to fatigue and lack of sleep, you just need to adjust your daily regimen:
- go to bed at the same time and no later than 23-00;
- at night in any case not to watch TV;
- to restrict the "visit" of the Internet;
- do exercises every morning - let it be the minimum set of exercises.
Nausea after eating
Let's lower the option of eating poor-quality food - this is banal poisoning, help cope with nausea tablets of activated charcoal, a cup of strong black tea without sugar.Nausea after eating can also appear against the background of overeating - in this case, you need to take a pill of Festal or other enzyme preparations that accelerate and facilitate the process of digestion in the stomach.
But the nausea that occurs immediately after a meal can also indicate serious enough pathologies. This unpleasant sensation may be a sign:
- a narrow transition of the stomach into the duodenum;
- stomach ulcer.
Nausea and dizziness
These two syndromes quite eloquently testify to a violation of the vestibular apparatus.Doctors say that such a pathology often occurs against the background of progressive osteochondrosis in the cervical spine and / or vertebral artery syndrome.
In addition, nausea and dizziness may occur with increased intracranial pressure.
Nausea and bitterness in the mouth
But this combination of unpleasant sensations indicates the development of pathological processes in the liver, pancreas, gall bladder - organs that belong to the hepatobiliary zone.It will be necessary to consult a doctor and confirm or refute the development of one of the diseases - cholecystitis, pancreatitis, hepatitis.
Nausea in a child
First, you need to immediately question the child and find out if there were no blows in the stomach or on the head - often nausea in childhood is a symptom of brain concussion.Secondly, it is necessary to carefully examine the diet of the child - the food / dishes should be quality, fresh, the food should not be too fatty, spicy, there should not be too many fast foods on the menu.
Note: if nausea is present all the time, no measures help to get rid of this unpleasant sensation, there are some additional symptoms in the form of headaches, general weakness, drowsiness, then you should seek help from specialists.The fact is that nausea is often a symptom of the development of malignant neoplasm in the body at an early stage.
Than you can help with nausea at home
There are a number of absolutely safe methods of getting rid of bouts of nausea.They can be used for almost everyone, even for pregnant women, as a rule, there are no contraindications.The only thing that needs to be paid attention is whether a person has an allergic reaction to any products.
What to do if vomiting:
- Cut the lemon in half and actively inhale its odors for 1-2 minutes - the nausea will recede.In this case, the cut lemon should be brought as close to the nose as possible and the fragrance should be inhaled on slow, deep breaths.
- Take a teaspoon of fennel seeds, pour 150 ml of boiling water and insist for 10 minutes.Then add honey or sugar and a few drops of lemon to the broth.Take the broth should be slow sips in any convenient schedule.This method is especially effective in nausea in pregnant women.
- Several ice cubes from the fridge freezer should be wrapped in a towel and attached to the back of the neck and to the forehead.
- A few drops of peppermint essential oil should be applied to the cotton cloth.Deeply inhaling this aroma, you can get rid of an attack of nausea in 3 minutes.
- If the nausea worries every morning( for example, due to lack of sleep or pregnancy), then in the evening you need to make tea from peppermint( 1 teaspoon of source for 150 ml of boiling water), overnight he is infused and in the morning, without getting out of bed, hisYou can drink in small sips.
Note: a decoction of peppermint is not recommended to be consumed simultaneously with taking sedative medications( if the doctor has already appointed them).In this case, it is better to use the advice on inhaling the aromas of lemon.
- You can use ginger to eliminate bouts of nausea - just rub a little of this root in a glass and pour boiling water, let it brew and dilute a teaspoon of honey.Drinking a drink can be warm, but do not get too involved in it - just 3 cups a day.
Please note: ginger is strictly forbidden to use simultaneously with direct anticoagulants( heparin and others), aspirin.
- Immediate disposal of nausea can bring a carnation - it is enough to chew a small clove of this spice or to drink tea with the addition of cloves.You can also use clove essential oil - just a few drops to apply to any tissue and make 2-3 deep breaths, how unpleasant sensations will pass.By the way, if nausea is associated with pregnancy and occurs not only in the mornings, but also periodically during the day, this handkerchief soaked with clove oil can be worn constantly - it will act as an "ambulance".
Nausea is a very unpleasant syndrome that forces a person to take urgent measures to alleviate his condition.But if the condition under consideration happens often, nausea is the reason for refusing to eat, drowsiness, apathy or excessive irritation, then you should always seek help from specialists.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category