Dermatomyositis: causes and treatment
Classification of dermatomyositis( polymyositis):
- Primary - idiopathic dermatomyositis;
- Primary - idiopathic polymyositis;
- Children's dermatomyositis in combination with vasculitis;
- Dermatomyositis in combination with neoplasm;
- Dermatomyositis or polymyositis or in combination with other diseases.
The disease most often affects women, not men. Dermatomyositis can develop at any age, even in children up to a year old. It is very important to detect the disease as early as possible. There are two age-related peaks of the disease - it is between the ages of 10-14 years, and 45-60 years.
Causes and symptoms of the disease
At this time, the causes of the disease are not fully established. Usually doctors say that there are a number of factors that can provoke dermatomyositis. Factors include infectious diseases, such as hepatitis B, influenza, parainfluenza, and a number of infectious diseases caused by bacterial flora.
Dermatomyositis occurs against the background of vaccinations. This disease can be triggered due to hypothermia, allergies to medications, due to trauma and even pregnancy. During the illness, various immune system disorders occur. There is an opinion about the genetic predisposition to dermatomyositis.
Symptomatic of the disease is complex. Usually it is sharp and subacute. In the first days a person can feel pain in the muscles, joints and myasthenia gravis, the temperature rises, swelling and damage to the skin of the body are visible. Over time, the disease becomes chronic. Patients feel pain even when they are at rest. Over time, the pain only increases.
Muscular tissue increases in the area of the shoulder and pelvic girdle. This makes it difficult to move, and a person can not sit down without help, raise arms, legs and head. Sometimes there is complete immobilization. When the pathological process affects the facial muscles, the face will look like a mask without emotions. The disease can bring to dysphagia. The patient may decrease lung volume and develop pneumonia.
At the beginning of the disease, the muscles will be swollen and painful. For an accurate diagnosis of the disease, a biochemical study of blood, urine and biopsy of muscle fibers is necessary. Especially if there is a chronic form of the disease.
Acute form is accompanied by intoxication of the body, high temperature, skin rashes. Subacute form is accompanied by adynamy, damage to internal organs and skin. When symptoms of the disease should immediately go to the hospital for help.
The first signs appear at the age of 4-10 years. This is a fairly rare disease. The reasons yet have not found out. According to doctors, the disease develops due to a number of factors. The most common disease occurs in southern European countries. Solar radiation plays an important role. But the main cause was infectious viruses.
As it turned out, patients suffering from the disease, before that for three months, were ill with infectious diseases. Significant factors were the following viruses: influenza, toxoplasma, hepatitis B, Coxsackie virus, paravirus.
Some vaccines can trigger a pathological process and lead to negative consequences. Such injections include vaccines for hepatitis B, measles, typhoid, cholera, and rubella viruses. The absence of treatment can lead to death.
Treatment of dermatomyositis with folk remedies
- Leaves of willow. You can try the treatment folk remedies. To do this, take 1 tablespoon.kidney and leaves of dried willow and pour 0.5 tbsp.boiling water. Infuse the drink for about an hour. The remedy can be applied to skin lesions.
- Tincture from the drug althea. For treatment you will need a herb althea medicinal. We take 1 tbsp. Raw materials and pour boiling water. Then insist an hour, after that the elixir is used as a medicine for compresses.
- Ointment from willow. From the willow we can make an ointment. To do this, we take in equal amounts butter and kidney buds. All is well mixed up to a homogeneous mass. Ointment should be rubbed into the skin.
- Wormwood tarragon. To prepare the ointment, we need to mix the seeds of tarragon with the interior fat. Take 5 parts of fat for 1 part of the seeds. Mix and put in the oven at 180 degrees for five hours. Then we filter all this and the ointment is ready. Keep it in the refrigerator for no more than 3 months.
- Decoction of oats. These broths should be consumed inside. To prepare a decoction for the treatment of dermatomyositis, you should take oats. Take a couple of pieces of oats and pour in five glasses of hot milk. Put this drink on a slow fire and cook for a couple of minutes. Now let him insist for 2-3 hours. We filter the tincture and it is ready for use. Treatment lasts a month. Take the drug 3 times a day, then one month is taken and the medicine is taken again.
- Decoction of lingonberry. A great way to fight dermatomyositis with cowberries. To do this, take a couple of spoonfuls of cranberries and pour them a glass of boiling water. Put the drink on a slow fire and bring to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes. Now the broth should be cooled and filtered for further use. Take the drug should be within 24 hours. Drink it should be for 3 months.
- Hop hop. An effective recipe with hops. Take for this 2 tablespoons.cones of hop and poured with boiling water. We insist on a healing drink about 1-2 hours. After that, it should be cooled and filtered. Take 1 tablespoon three times a day.
As for therapy, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are stored in conventional dosages. In case of complex treatment, the patient is recommended the vitamins of group B and C. For strong muscular pains, it is worth taking prozerin and its analogues. In the development of calcenaes, the disodium salt is attributed, which forms a complex with calcium ions and rapidly removes them. The drug is contraindicated in liver and kidney damage. Recommend curative gymnastics and massage.
With the first symptoms, immediately go to the doctor in charge for a consultation. Do not delay this.