Allergic dermatitis: symptoms and treatment
Allergic dermatitis is a pathological lesion of the skin that is always associated with the effect of an irritating factor.It is noteworthy that the disease in question is found only in adults, because children are characterized by atopic dermatitis.Recommended to read:
Many people who are prone to allergic manifestations, almost do not pay attention to the symptoms of allergic dermatitis - "there were pimples and will pass."But in fact, the disease in question is not just a cosmetic defect, but rather a serious pathology, which, in the absence of proper treatment, leads to disruption in the work of many body systems.Table of contents: What is known about allergic dermatitis Types of allergic dermatitis Causes of allergic dermatitis Allergic dermatitis Symptoms Treatment of allergic dermatitis
What is known about allergic dermatitis
This disease is quite common, but it is not contagious - it's just an inflammatory manifestation of the body's reactionOn some annoying factor. The development of allergic dermatitis occurs according to the elementary scheme:
- In contact with an irritant( allergic substance) in the body, antibodies are produced by the immune system, and hypersensitivity to this factor is formed.
- The next time you contact the same allergic substance, the body reacts with dermatitis.
Note: if the skin rash appears directly at the point of contact with the irritant and there is no further spread of the lesion, then it is not about allergic, but about contact dermatitis.
Quite often atopic dermatitis is confused with allergic and even indicate identical symptoms and patterns of development.In fact, there is a certain similarity, and yet doctors consider these two diseases as independent pathologies. Differences between atopic and allergic dermatitis:
- The developmental mechanism of the described dermatitis is different.That is why with atopic dermatitis, manifestations of pathology can happen even after several hours after contact with an allergic substance, but allergic dermatitis is visible almost immediately.
- Allergic dermatitis always has an irritating factor and antibodies in the body.According to the latest scientific research, atopic dermatitis may have a non-allergic etiology.
- Atopic dermatitis has a hereditary nature, but allergic dermatitis is always acquired disease.
- Atopic dermatitis develops only in childhood.
Types of allergic dermatitis
Doctors made a certain classification of the disease under consideration:
- Food dermatitis.In this case, the disease of the skin is directly related to the use of certain foods, which cause a powerful allergic reaction of the body.Contact allergic dermatitis.This disease develops immediately after contact with the stimulus - it can be any chemical substance, wool tissue, plant pollen and other.
- Atopic form of allergic dermatitis.Skin disease has a spontaneous nature, due to a number of disorders in the digestive system, respiratory organs.
Causes of allergic dermatitis
For the development of the disease in question, it is necessary to get the allergen into the human body, which initiates the development of skin lesion. But the most common allergens are the following factors:
- Medicinal preparations.In general, almost every medicine can become an allergen, but most often the inadequate response of the body is present on sulfonamides, vitamins and antibacterial drugs.
- Cosmetics.Here also belong personal hygiene means - shampoos, soap, toothpaste and so on.It is noteworthy that the symptoms of the disease in question will be present in places of application of cosmetic agents-allergens.
- Water from the tap.It is always chlorinated and contains many compounds of heavy metals and salts.It is impossible to say categorically that such water is harmful to the body, but some people react to contact with it with allergic dermatitis.
- Plants.This is generally the most common allergen, which provokes the development of the disease in question.Pollen of trees moves through the air and can spread over long distances - it is not surprising that allergic dermatitis occurs on certain plant species, even among people living in regions that are not typical for the growth of specific representatives of the flora.
Symptoms of allergic dermatitis
The clinical picture of allergic dermatitis is very typical - the skin appears red spots that are covered with damp sores.Later the sores are covered with crusts and scales.Similar changes in the skin are noted in places of direct contact with the allergen, or throughout the body with food allergies.
Note: similar symptoms of allergic dermatitis may appear on the skin of the face, which leads to erroneous diagnosis - it puts seborrheic dermatitis.
Treatment of allergic dermatitisWe recommend to read:
First of all, it is necessary to find out which allergen affects the body and provokes the appearance of allergic dermatitis symptoms.Very often it is enough to exclude the irritating factor from a person's life in order to get rid of the considered disease. But in some cases, doctors can prescribe and complete therapy:
- To get rid of itching and burning in the lesions, the skin should be lubricated with ointments with menthol or Bepantene.
- It is necessary to take drugs with antihistamine effect - for example, tablets or drops Zodak, tablets Cetrin and others.
Note: can not identify any most effective antihistamine drug, so the doctor should make a choice on an individual basis.
- When the sores become wet and already form crusts, it is advisable to treat them with agents with anti-inflammatory and wound-healing effects - for example, Levomekol or Baneocin.
- The acute stage of the course of allergic dermatitis involves the use of hormonal ointments - for example, Sinaphlen, Prednisolone or Hydrocortisone.
- If the itching resulted in combing the affected skin areas, then you need to use the ointment of Actovegin or Solcoseryl gel for their treatment.
During the treatment of allergic dermatitis, it is necessary to limit contact of affected skin with water.It is advisable to use wet wipes, but exclude the use of soap and gel for personal hygiene purposes.
It is compulsory to observe certain nutrition rules during the treatment of the disease in question - for example, from the menu it is necessary to exclude products that can provoke an allergic reaction of the body, and the entire diet should be gentle to relieve the burden from the body.
Allergic dermatitis can bring a lot of trouble, up to a radical change in rhythm and lifestyle.But it is easy enough to treat and warn - you just strictly follow the prescriptions and recommendations of the treating doctor.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category