Pain with menstruation: causes and treatment
Menstruation is a physiological process that is inherent in every healthy woman.It is associated with some discomfort and the need to conduct specific hygiene procedures, but 70% of women note not only unpleasant sensations, but also real pain.Medicine classifies pain with menstruation as dysmenorrhea and distinguishes between its two forms.Table of contents:
This term refers to pain associated with menstruation, which occur during adolescence.A distinctive feature of primary dysmenorrhea - pain does not appear immediately, but in 12-24 months after the first menstrual cycle.They can be permanent, "aged" at the same level of intensity, but can develop and from cycle to cycle become stronger.
Causes of pain in women's girls
The main reason for the appearance of pain in menstruation during adolescence is the violation of hormone production, in particular, prostaglandin, which is responsible for the intensity of uterine contraction during menstruation.If the synthesis is broken, this hormone is produced in much larger quantities than necessary - hence the pain.
An important role in the formation of primary dysmenorrhea is played by the psychoemotional factor - often the girls mentally prepare themselves for the upcoming discomfort and the threshold of sensitivity decreases: even a small pain that can not be classified as pathological is perceived very acutely.Gynecologists note that the primary dysmenorrhea can be associated with endometriosis - a pathology associated with the proliferation of the uterine mucosa to other organs of the reproductive system.In this case, to heavy pains, and heavy bleeding.
Note: pain with a monthly primary nature can be caused by various factors and causes - for example, a banal lack of magnesium in the blood.Therefore, a young woman should undergo a full examination to establish the exact cause of the pain syndrome.
So differentiate the pain in menstruation that occur in women over the age of 30 due to organic changes in the organs of the reproductive system.Secondary dysmenorrhoea is characterized by the appearance of pains for a couple of days before bleeding and their end at the same time as menstruation.At the same time there is a large amount of secreted blood, a presence in the secretions of clots.
Causes of pain in menstruation in adult women
If the primary dysmenorrhea occurs against the background of hormonal disorders, then by the age of 30 the woman has already passed the "test" of pregnancy and childbirth - the hormonal balance is balanced. Therefore, secondary dysmenorrhea occurs for the following reasons:
- any inflammatory diseases of the genital system;
- formation of a large number of adhesions - adhesions, which is a complication of surgical intervention;
- abnormal expansion of venous vessels located in the small pelvis;
- benign tumors / neoplasms - for example, fibromyoma, cervical polyps or cervical canal and others;
- malignant formation;
Note: the cause of pain with a secondary secondary nature may be an intrauterine contraceptive.
Treatment of pain with monthly
Primary dysmenorrhea is treated only by hormonal therapy - a gynecologist and an endocrinologist examine a young woman for abnormalities in the hormonal system and prescribe corrective treatment with specific medications.As a rule, pain with menstruation either disappear completely, or become less intense.Secondary dysmenorrhea is treated only by complex measures - it is not enough to prescribe only anesthetic drugs, it will be necessary to carry out the full course of treatment of the revealed pathological process.
How to eliminate pain in menstruation: tablets and non-medicinal products
Taking analgesics and antispasmodics will, of course, give a good effect - the pain will stop for a while, the woman will feel considerable relief.But after all, the constant intake of any medicines, including those with analgesic properties, leads to the development of pathological processes in the liver, stomach and heart.In addition, over time, addiction will develop, it will be required to take a large dose of medications. ..
In any case, the use of exclusively analgesics / antispasmodics is not an option. Some measures can be taken to ease the condition without medications:
- Foot bath.The water for it should be hot, but not boiling water!The procedure can be carried out once a day at a convenient time, the time of the exercise is no more than 10 minutes.Please note: it is strictly forbidden to hold hot foot baths for those women who have painful ones with monthly blood clots.Alternation of water procedures.
- .It is necessary to hold a series of sedentary baths alternately with hot and cold water.This procedure is allowed twice a day - in the morning and in the evening, helps to fight stagnant processes in the pelvic organs.Please note: if a woman has a malignant or benign tumor, then sedentary baths are contraindicated.
- Diet.If you exclude from the diet of fats, carbohydrates and sugar, the likelihood of the pain with the monthly decreases by a factor of.But keep in mind that you need to adjust the nutrition one month before the menstrual cycle - this method is preventive.
- Dry heat.In the area of the anatomical location of the uterus, dry heat should be applied - a heated dry towel, a small pouch with warm sand or salt.Please note: this method can cause heavy bleeding, so if there is a tendency to this phenomenon, any heating procedures are contraindicated.
Knowing that there are always pains with menstruation, you can take some measures as prevention.For example, to go in for sports - gynecologists well know, what exactly to women with excess weight are inherent pains at monthly.It is enough to spend a little time in the gym, swimming in the pool and even regular charging will give excellent results.If a woman is engaged in sedentary work, then you need to either change your work activity or provide yourself with motor activity.
Treatment of pain with monthly folk remedies
Traditional medicine recipes that are used to relieve pain during menstruation can not eliminate the cause of the pathological phenomenon.But much easier to make your fortune, taking the broths of medicinal herbs, it is quite real. There are several options for preparing painkillers:
- Goose goatee.Take 50 grams of dry grass and boil the broth in a water bath( 300 ml of water, the warm-up time is 15 minutes).Then the finished medicine to filter, cool and take a quarter cup twice a day during all the monthly.Squeezed "cake" to put on the stomach( just above the pubic) with exacerbation of pain.
- Devyasil.Take 3 tablespoons dry source 500 ml of water, boil everything in a water bath for at least 10 minutes and leave to infuse for 4 hours.Then take the resulting broth for 1 tablespoon at least 3 times a day.Course of admission: one week prior to the onset of menstruation, during and 2 days after the end of discharge.
- Dioecious nettle.This recipe can be used only in the spring and summer - the medicine is prepared from nettle juice, which is diluted with water in a 1: 1 ratio and taken 1 tablespoon three times a day for the period.
- Ordinary oregano.Prepare alcohol tincture: for 20 grams of dry oregano take 100 ml of medical alcohol and insist the mixture is ready for 10 days.One week before the month and until they are finished, take 30-40 drops of tincture once a day.Please note: this recipe is contraindicated in women with diagnosed diseases of the cardiovascular system.
If pain associated with menstruation is accompanied by heavy bleeding, then it will be effective to take herbal preparations.They are all prepared in the same way: take 100 grams of dry collection, pour 500 ml of water and cook on an open fire( not in a water bath) for 20 minutes.Then broths are infused and taken 3 days before the onset of menstruation and on their length. Which herbs can be part of the herbal collection:
- Cinquefoil erect, shepherd's bag, elecampane, bark of oak, yarrow.
- Spores, white mistletoe, a shepherd's bag.
- Goose goatee, valerian root, yarrow.
- Sporesch, field horsetail, centaury.
Please note: the use of any decoction from the category "traditional medicine" should be sanctioned by a gynecologist.In some cases, with the presence of serious pathological processes, a woman is contraindicated taking any medications without a doctor's prescription.
Pain in menstruation can be purely a physiological factor, but may indicate a pathology in the reproductive or endocrine system of the body.Therefore, the independent reception of painkillers, decoctions of herbs can hide the true clinical picture - the doctor can not timely make an accurate diagnosis, the woman's health will inevitably deteriorate.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category.