Nutrition with angina
May 31, 2018
The inflammation of the tonsils( angina) is characterized by the localization of unpleasant sensations and pain in the throat.It is not surprising that eating with angina is associated with some difficulties, often patients generally refuse to eat, but this is not an option!It is necessary to know the basic principles of the organization of nutrition during a sore throat, so that the food does not bring additional unpleasant sensations and give the body the energy necessary to fight the ailment.Table of contents: General rules for catering for angina What needs to be eaten with angina What is excluded from feeding with angina
General rules for catering for anginaIt is important to choose the right diet during food intake -Through the throat, can provoke an increase in pain, so doctors recommend adhering to a sparing diet.In addition, during the tonsillitis the body fights toxins - in particular, the liver actively struggles with them and if it is still loaded with heavy food, the patient's well-being will only worsen.
When compiling a diet with angina, the following rules should be adhered to:
- in the diet should be present a reduced amount of fast carbohydrates( up to 300 grams per day), it is necessary to limit the intake of protein and fats( to 70 and 60 grams per day, respectively);
- a day should be eaten at least 5 times, portions should be small;
- all food should be ground - for example, you can cook a stew or baked dish, and then grind it in a blender, or eat soups-puree;
- in the menu of the patient with angina it is necessary to include porridges and vitaminized drinks - they will give the necessary energy to the body and strengthen the immune system;
- dishes should be eaten warm, but in no case hot or cold;
- during a sore throat you need to drink a lot - fruit drinks, teas, compotes, jelly can be consumed in unlimited quantities.
Do not forget that with angina significantly reduced appetite - this is a natural process.Especially often this happens in childhood - the child categorically refuses to use even favorite foods previously.Do not need to focus on this point, and even more forcefully to feed the child - this will lead to nausea and vomiting, which will worsen the general condition of the patient.It is advisable to feed the child in small portions, and if he completely refuses to eat, then you need to give him a rest, sleep - perhaps, the appetite will return.
What you need to eat with angina
For nutrition with angina, a special diet is created - table number 13, the essence of which is to eat low-allergenic foods that are well absorbed and can cause an attack of appetite. What you need to know when compiling a diet menu during a sore throat:
- Soups and broths must be present in the menu - they are easy to use, and nourishing, and the body perceives well.It is appropriate to cook vegetable rubbed soups, chicken broth - they can be consumed with soaked white breadcrumbs.
- Meat and fish can be used in the form of souffle, meatballs, casseroles - in any case, the dish should be prepared from chopped meat.Do not give preference to fatty fish and meat, because they only increase the load on the liver.
Porridge of buckwheat, rice, semolina and oatmeal must be prepared in a large amount of liquid - as a result, they must be viscous.It will be appropriate to prepare mashed porridge, an excellent choice will quickly digested oatmeal.
- Bread and pasta are not banned, but bread should be offered to a patient yesterday's sore throat, fresh baked goods should be discarded, and pasta should be bought small and not seasoned with hot sauces.
- Milk and sour-milk products.Excellent during a sore throat patients fit burgers, sour cream, wiped cottage cheese, kefir - they are easy to swallow, they have sufficient energy value and do not create problems in the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
- From egg dishes, a boiled soft-boiled egg and omelettes will suit a sore throat.And, the latter must be prepared not in a pan with oil, but in the oven.
- Vegetables must necessarily be present in the patient's menu with sore throat, but it is strictly not recommended to use them in raw form - their firm structure will act irritatingly on the inflamed tonsils.
- Sweet fruits can be eaten fresh, but only grated on a grater, or whipped in a blender, and without peel.It is advisable to bake them in the oven - the acids "evaporate" and there will not be any negative influence on the sore throat.If a patient with an angina prefers to drink freshly made fruit juice, then it will need to be diluted with water in a 1: 1 ratio.Of the sour and sweet fruit, you can and should prepare fruit drinks, compotes, mousses, jelly and kissels.
If a person often suffers from angina, then he eventually develops his own food system - some, for example, prefer to use salted broths( salt can reduce pain in the throat) or ice cream( the cold "freezes" the inflamed areas).But doctors do not recommend experimenting in this way - it can lead to increased intoxication, and cause an aggravation of the inflammatory process.
What is excluded from food with angina
It is not necessary to eat foods and dishes, for digestion and assimilation of which the body will have to spend too much energy.In addition, with angina it is necessary to exclude harmful food, which will increase the load on the digestive tract. What should be excluded from the diet with angina:
- any fried foods - meat, fish, vegetables, fried eggs;
- canned food, marinades and in general any food with vinegar;
- mayonnaise, ketchup, adzhika and any spicy sauces;
- mushrooms and dishes from them - they are too heavy food, undesirable to load the stomach and liver;
- strong tea, natural coffee, carbonated drinks;
- whole milk in large quantities, fatty cream;
- cheese of sharp and fatty grades;
- pork, lamb;
- cakes, pastries and any confectionery with a high fat content( for example, with oil cream);Radish, garlic and onion;
- hard( coarse) biscuits, seeds, chips and crunches;
- citrus, cherry, plum;
- pearl and barley cereals;
- fresh, freshly baked bread.
Hot food and drinks are excluded from food - they not only intensify pain in the throat, but also injure the inflamed tonsil tissue, which provokes the penetration of pathogenic bacteria into their deep layers.
Doctors say that adherence to recommendations for correcting the diet provides an early recovery.But there is also a warning from specialists: do not stop the diet immediately after the relief of the condition - days 3-4 even after a complete cure it is worth keeping your own organism, give it time to fully recover.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category