How to get rid of noise in the ears: the causes and methods of treatment of tinnitus
Jun 01, 2018
You can often hear such a question: "In which ear does it ring?" But what if it rings both day and night?People who are confronted with this problem are embarrassed to talk about this frankly.After all, the ringing does not come from outside, but from within.How can you explain to others that you can hear a sound that does not exist?In fact, we are talking about a condition that is called in medicine tinnitus.Table of contents: About the disease Causes of tinnitus Symptoms How to get rid of tinnitus?Prevention
About the disease
Tinnitus is nothing more than a sensation of ringing or noise in the ears.More often than not, people describe noise as a high-frequency sound.According to different data, from five to eight percent of the world's population live with this disease.It is commonly believed that tinnitus is common in the elderly.However, it should be noted that this problem is often observed in young people.This is due to the visit of noisy places, as well as listening to loud music in headphones.
Causes of tinnitus
Tinnitus is not an independent disease.Rather a symptom that can be provoked by a variety of pathological conditions. It is proved that the causes of noise in the ears can be:
- Arterial hypertension( hypotension);
- cervical osteochondrosis;
- is an inflammatory ear disease;
- Sensorineural hearing loss;
- Ménière's disease;
- arteriosclerosis of vessels;
- endocrine diseases( thyroid pathology, diabetes mellitus);
- neurinoma of the auditory nerve;
- Multiple Sclerosis;
- taking medicines( some antibiotics, diuretics, aspirin, tricyclic antidepressants);
- acoustic trauma.
It's important to note that in normal cases a person can sense a background noise in the ears, getting into absolute silence.With the noise in the ears, in fact, many people came across, for example, after visiting a noisy concert.But the next day the ringing in my ears disappeared.
Patients with tinnitus note that the noise in the ears is most clearly audible before going to sleep, when silence forms around it.Focusing on ringing can lead to insomnia.If the tinnitus progresses, ringing in the ears can bother and in the daytime in a noisy environment.Man is more and more fixed on the sound.This affects the psychoemotional state of a person.The mood worsens, development of depressive reactions is possible.In some cases, there is also a gradual decrease in hearing.
How to get rid of noise in the ears?
First of all, it is necessary to conduct research, the results of which will help to find the cause.If the cause was found, then the treatment of tinnitus is reduced to the treatment of the underlying disease.Unfortunately, in many cases the cause can not be detected. In such cases, the physician resorts to the following treatment methods:
- Drug treatment( B vitamins, ginkgo biloba, zinc preparations, medicines to improve cerebral circulation);
- Use of special implants that create white noise that blocks the ringing in the ears.You can also use sound therapy.For this, the patient includes a musical disc with the sounds of nature or the environment.Such sounds allow a person to switch their attention to an external noise source.This helps to relax and quickly fall asleep.
- Psychotherapy.In the treatment of tinnitus, cognitive-behavioral therapy is more often used.In work with a therapist, the patient is trained in meditative techniques.It also helps to change the perception of noise in the ears, stop fixing attention on the sound.
Any disease is easier to prevent than cure. Following these simple recommendations, you will save yourself from tinnitus:
- If you listen to music on headphones, make sure that the music is not too loud.Try not to listen to music while you are in the subway.The train noise combined with the music lead to too much strain on the auditory analyzer.
- If your professional activity is related to the presence of noise in the workplace, be sure to use earplugs.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks and alcohol.These drinks can lead to an increase in tinnitus.
- Do not use cotton wool to clean the ears.Their application leads to the pushing of the earwax into the auditory canal.
- Avoid stressful situations.Learn the techniques of autogenic training.Be sure to sleep at least seven to eight hours a day.
For more information on the causes of tinnitus, how to get rid of tinnitus, and how to prevent this disease in a video review, the neurologist tells: