Treatment and prevention of wet dermatitis
The human integument performs a protective function, but if there are any "failures" in the functioning of the body, it is on the skin that the first signs of disturbance appear.Most often, a decrease in immunity, a violation of metabolic processes is accompanied by various types of dermatitis.Wet dermatitis is one of the most unpleasant and uncomfortable pathologies of the skin.Table of contents: Causes of developing wet dermatitis Symptoms of wet dermatitis and its diagnosis Treatment of dermatitis dermatitis Prophylaxis
Causes of developing wet dermatitis
In general, there are many types of dermatitis, almost all of them can be accompanied by peeling and cracking of the skin, the formation of sores andWetting surface.Of course, dermatitis is studied and researched by scientists and doctors, therefore the reasons for the development of each of them, in principle, are well known.We recommend to read:
The causes of development of wet dermatitis are:
- Dysfunction of the gastrointestinal tract, internal diseases of the digestive system.These pathologies lead to insufficient digestion of food and only partial assimilation of micro / macroelements and vitamins.And already against the background of this develops the reaction of the skin in the form of the disease under consideration.
- Hypersensitivity or individual intolerance to certain foods.In this case, dandruff dermatitis will be an allergic reaction of the body.
- Violations in the psychoemotional background.It is a question of constant stresses, excessive irritation, nervous breakdowns and depressions - dandruff dermatitis on this background is quite common.
- Violations of the functional nature of the liver and kidneys.These organs are considered to be unique filters of the body and when dysfunction they simply can not remove toxins and toxins from the body.Accumulation of such harmful substances and leads to the disease in question.
- Regular contact with chemicals.This may be due to professional activities, and, on the emergence of dandruff, dermatitis can be affected by direct contact with irritating factors, and inhalation of toxic fumes.
- The presence of bacterial microflora in skin folds.This factor especially often provokes the development of dermatitis in infants.
- Inadequate response of the body to taking certain medications.It is a question of involuntary treatment with medicines, when allergy to them is manifested in the form of dandruff.
Doctors of dermatologists conditionally divide wet dermatitis into several subspecies: professional, fungal, domestic and bacterial - it all depends on why the disease developed.
Symptoms of wet dermatitis and its diagnosis
Doctors say that the clinical picture of the disease under consideration is of a variable nature - the symptomatology directly depends on the patient's age. It is worth remembering the following gradation:
- Wet dermatitis in a child under 3 years of age: the skin appears wet sores and cracks, which then form crusts.Most often, elbow and knee folds, the face, are affected pathologically and only in very rare cases the symptoms of the disease under consideration are visible on the trunk.
- Wet dermatitis in children aged 3-12 years.The disease will manifest as a rash on the inside of the palms, neck and on the bends of the limbs.At this age, the defeat of the skin is characterized by redness, swelling, the appearance of papules and thickening of the upper layer.
Note: rash in this disease at the age of 3-12 years is always damp, long unresponsive and after the disappearance leaves dark spots on the skin.
- Wet dermatitis at the age of 12-18 years.In principle, patients of this age will have the same symptoms of wet dermatitis as for the previously mentioned age group.But there is a difference in the course of the disease - its signs can suddenly disappear without a trace, but can also suddenly appear.And, if there is a rapid exacerbation of wetting dermatitis, the affected areas of the skin have more extensive boundaries.
- Wet dermatitis in an adult.The disease is localized most often in the armpits, on the face and neck, on the wrists.Characterized moknushchy dermatitis at this age, excessively bright reddening, the appearance of vesicular rash, which is then opened, and formed ulcers wetting character.
This disease is often confused with eczema, but these two diseases have one significant difference: the pathology in question is localized in the deeper layers of the skin and is accompanied by intense swelling, and eczema is localized in the surface layers of the skin, so it does not differMarked swelling.
Skin dermatitis can be diagnosed by the following clinical picture:
- , microcracks appear on the skin with purulent and supple contents;
- on the skin appears a rash in the form of papules and vesicles;
- acne can be detected in areas of skin lesions with purulent contents;
- the affected areas are very swollen.
If a doctor calls into question the diagnosis of a dandruff dermatitis, the patient is taken scraping from the affected area of the skin and a blood test for laboratory testing and confirmation of the diagnosis.
Treatment of soaked dermatitis
First of all, you need to find out the cause of dandruff and eliminate the irritating factor - this will prevent the disease from worsening, the spread of lesions over clean areas of the skin. In general, the treatment of the disease under consideration consists in carrying out the following measures:
- hygiene of already affected skin areas;
- administration of anti-inflammatory drugs;
- administration of antihistamines( antiallergic treatment).
If it is necessary to remove allergic symptoms, the patient is prescribed modern antihistamines - for example, Tavegil, Telfast.They are distinguished by the absence of side effects in the form of drowsiness, dizziness and weakness, so they can be used "without interruption from work".
To relieve the patient of discomfort and pain in specific places of lesions, doctors prescribe ointments with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal action - ointments / creams based on zinc are optimal.
To dry the skin, you can apply funds from the category of "traditional medicine" - we are talking about decoctions of chamomile medicinal and oak bark, which are used for lotions on the affected areas.
Note: if wetting dermatitis is accompanied by the formation of vesicles and / or papules with liquid contents, then their dissection should be performed only in a medical institution.Otherwise, the risk of infection of the affected area of the skin is very high.
Very often the disease under consideration occurs against the background of disturbances in the digestive system - these can be diseases of its organs of a chronic or acute nature, food poisoning.In this case, the doctors first begin to treat the underlying disease with antibacterial or antiviral agents( depending on the etiology of the pathology), then the patient is prescribed drugs that can restore the intestinal microflora.Only after the course of such targeted treatment can begin to treat wetting dermatitis, but usually it passes by itself, as the cause of skin disease is removed.
To avoid the development of wet dermatitis, one should adhere to the recommendations of doctors regarding prevention:
- strictly observe the rules of personal hygiene;
- to avoid nervous disorders, stress and depression, if necessary, you can and should seek help from a psychologist or neurologist;
- in time to treat internal diseases;
- monitor diet and diet to avoid digestive system disorders;
- with the available allergy, exclude contact with allergens.
If the patient on time turned for professional medical help for dandruff, then competent treatment will prevent the development of the acute form of the disease in chronic.If wetting dermatitis has already taken a chronic form of the flow, then during periods of remission patients should strengthen their immunity and strictly observe all the recommendations and prescriptions of the treating doctor.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category