Treatment of mycosis nails: the most effective pharmacy products
The pharmacological industry offers a mass of medicines that effectively fight the nail fungus.Of course, it is not worth it to buy such medicines on your own - the doctor must first determine the type of fungus that hit the nail plates, and only after that will a competently chosen remedy.But it is perfectly permissible to purchase antimycotic drugs for the purpose of prevention - for example, if someone in the family has a fungus on their toenails, this approach to solving the problem by other family members will be optimal.Table of contents:
The most common tablets from the fungus
There are two drugs that are often prescribed by doctors when diagnosing the fungus of the nails of the lower extremities.
Lamisil tablets from fungus
Treatment with this drug lasts a minimum of 2 months - it is during this period that the tablets are able to cope with a fungal infection.If the treatment of the nail fungus is on the lower extremities, then this period may be prolonged, since it is very difficult to fight with infection in this place.
Lamisyl tablets can cause some side effects:
- lack of taste;
- disruption of the digestive system - pain in the anatomy of the stomach, vomiting;
- appetite disorder - some patients refuse to eat at all;
- allergic reaction in the form of itching and rashes on the skin.
The medicines being considered are prescribed by the physicians for the progression of a fungus of the type dermatophyte.
It is strictly forbidden to take Lamisil tablets to pregnant women who are breastfeeding women, with increased sensitivity to the components of the medication and people with diagnosed kidney and liver diseases.
Fluconazole for nail fungus
The second name for these capsules is Diflucan.Accepted drug in the diagnosis of onychomycosis, and the destruction of fungal colonies begins only on the 4-5 days after the start of taking capsules - it is during this period, a stable concentration of active substance in the nail plate.
Each day you need to take 150 mg of the drug under consideration, the specific duration of treatment for Fluconazole can not be designated by any doctor, but it is usually called a period of 6-12 months.
Note: if a patient with a nail fungus of the lower extremities visited the doctor at the advanced stage of the disease, he may be prescribed Fluconazole in capsules of 50 mg daily.
This medication can be classified as safe - no side effects even with prolonged use of capsules are noted.Contraindications to the appointment of Fluconazole are:
- diseases of the liver and kidneys;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
It is absolutely forbidden to take capsules of Fluconazole simultaneously with cisapride, terfenadine and astemizole.
Less popular tablets from nail fungus
In general, there is a large number of medicines that are able to cure the fungus of nails - they all have features, nuances in use. It is impossible to list absolutely all tablets from mycosis within the framework of one article, therefore only a few of them are described below:
- Itraconazole.These pills doctors can prescribe for any kind of fungus, they differ quite a quick effect.Of course, to confirm the complete cure it will be necessary to wait for the growth of a healthy nail, but already in the first 2-3 days of using these pills, the patient notes the disappearance of characteristic itching and burning on the nail plates.
- Ketoconazole.A distinctive feature of this drug - its active substance penetrates into the thickness of the nail plate only after 11 weeks of constant use, but then they almost instantly have an effect.These pills are rarely prescribed by doctors to treat nail fungus, because they have a lot of side effects.
- Terbinafine.This drug is prescribed only to those patients who have been found mold fungi on the nails.Since the 8th week of the constant use of this medication, the process of destruction of fungal colonies begins, but it is possible to completely get rid of this unpleasant disease only after 12 months.
- Griseofulvin.This drug is practically not used, although even in the recent past it was very popular among doctors and among patients.But in its place came more effective and safe medicines, and Griseofulvin acts only against fungi such as dermatophytes.
Treatment of mycosis of nails with varnishes, creams and drops
In general, doctors prefer to dispense with the appointment of tablets in diagnosing nail fungus on the lower limbs - there are several other drugs that are more effective and safe.Recommended to read:
This remedy is applied only to the affected part of the nail plate, if you do this procedure for 7-10 days, the active effect of the drug will already begin.A very big advantage of Loceril lacquer is that the active ingredient does not accumulate in the body and does not poison it even with prolonged use.
Amorolfin( this is the main active ingredient in Loceril lacquer) most types of fungi can be destroyed, but there are exceptions.To money and time for treatment were not wasted, be sure to visit a doctor and take a survey - only in this way a particular medication will be selected competently.
Please note: Laceril lacquer can be safely used as a preventive measure - just a day before visiting the sauna, sauna and / or pool, just apply a nail plate.
How to use this tool:
- Remove the affected areas of the nail, and if the nail is too long, then it must be cut and processed with a nail file.
- The nail plate must be thoroughly treated with a degreaser.
- Apply Loceril lacquer with a special spatula( it comes with the product) on the entire surface of the nail plate.Carefully ensure that the layer of applied varnish is uniform.
- Leave the Loceril lacquer on the nail until completely dry - usually it lasts no more than 3 minutes.
The treatment lasts for about 9-12 weeks, during the course of therapy it is impossible to grow nails, do manicures using decorative varnishes.If it is a question of treating the nail fungus on the hands, then all hygienic procedures and work with chemical cleaning / washing substances should be carried out with gloves.
Adverse events with the use of the drug in question are extremely rare, but if the patient notes reddening of the skin around the treated nail and the appearance of itching and burning that do not go away and after the drying of the Loceril lacquer, it is worthwhile to reconsider the choice of the drug.
Please note: is not used for the treatment of nail fungus in pregnant women and in children.If the nail treatment procedures are not carried out regularly, this can lead to the emergence of fungal resistance to the drug, and further complex therapy will be required.
You can buy this drug in two pharmacological forms: cream and drops( solution), but with the fungus of the nails, you can use only the second kind.The active substance Exoderil has not only antimycotic, but also anti-inflammatory effect, so after the first application of a drop on the fingernails, itching and burning( characteristic signs of a fungal infection) disappear.
The treatment of the nail fungus on the legs with the drug under consideration is advisable only at the initial stage of the development of the pathological process.It should be taken into account that Exoderil does not destroy all kinds of fungi, so before using the drug, you need to undergo a test and get an appointment from a specialist.
How to apply the solution Exoderyl:
- Apply the product to the thoroughly cleaned surface of the nail plate - for example, you can steal the feet in a bath with a soap solution for 10-15 minutes.
- The nail must first be cut off, it is especially important to remove the affected part of the plate.
- Apply Exoderate every day for a minimum of 12 months.
Please note: even if a fully healthy nail is grown, doctors recommend that for another 20-30 days to process the nail by Exoderil.The appearance of burning and dry skin around the nail is a side effect, but it is not the reason for the withdrawal of the drug.
Despite the fact that treatment with this medication is considered uncomfortable, doctors often prescribe it as part of the treatment of nail fungus.Produced Clotrimazole in the form of a cream - it is applied to the affected nail, the top is covered with fleece and fixed with adhesive plaster.Such procedures are carried out twice a day until the healthy nail grows completely.
Clotrimazole is capable of destroying virtually all types of fungi, so it is often used without any special purpose.This cream is effective for prevention.
Please note: , in order for the active substance of the product in question to penetrate deeply into the nail thickness, before cutting it is necessary to trim the nail and make its surface rough( simply processed with a nail file).
Possible side effects with clotrimazole cream:
- redness of the skin around the affected nail;
- burning in place of application.
It is expressly forbidden to use the drug in question when hypersensitivity to the components of Clotrimazole, the period of pregnancy( first trimester), and the lactation period.
Clotrimazole is not recommended at the same time as other antimycotics, as this automatically reduces their effectiveness.
Candid( active substance - Clotrimazole)
Candide is available in the form of lotion and powder, this drug is recommended for use in the last stages of treatment of nail fungus.
Candid powder is applied to the affected part of the nail 1-3 times a day, the duration of the procedures is different, but it is advisable to use candid powder until the healthy nail is fully grown.Experts recommend and after this another 10-14 days in a row to process the nail in the same regime.
Treatment of nail fungus with specific medications is very effective, especially in comparison with folk remedies.Of course, you need to carefully consider the choice of a specific remedy, and for this you will have to visit a doctor, undergo examinations and get competent appointments.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category