Very Sensitive Skin: Causes and Care Rules
Some people are particularly sensitive skin that reacts inadequately to quite ordinary stimuli.For example, on the skin may appear foci of redness, flaking and rashes even after using ordinary soap or when there is a strong wind in the street.Special sensitivity of the skin can be manifested and other symptoms, without visible changes - it's burning, itching, tingling or tingling with external effects.
Naturally, constantly being in a state of irritation is unpleasant, and the person with the type of skin in question will look for the causes of sensitivity.The most correct decision is to consult a doctor who will not only establish the true cause of the special sensitivity of the skin( by laboratory research), but also will select an effective solution to the problem.
This material will describe the most common causes of special sensitivity of the skin - many of them can be eliminated on their own, with the help of folk remedies and without medications.Contents: What is included in the concept of "sensitive skin" Causes of hypersensitivity to the skin Symptoms of very sensitive skin What if you have hypersensitive skin?
What is included in the concept of "sensitive skin"
Specialists call sensitive that skin, which is prone to irritation and inadequate reactions to habitual factors.People can develop skin reactions to cold and heat, decorative cosmetics, personal hygiene products, overwork or stressful situations.As a rule, after exposure to any factor, people with especially sensitive skin develop rashes, itching, flaking and redness, which can be accompanied by sensations of tingling and burning.
According to statistics, women with white hair and light eyes suffer most from sensitive skin. They have a thin stratum corneum, which contains a small amount of melanin, and the functioning of the sebaceous glands is inadequate.These characteristics of the skin and serve as provoking factors for the above-described manifestations of special sensitivity.
Often the condition in question is confused with allergic reactions and dermatological diseases, and only a doctor can differentiate this - that's why it's so important to get advice from a dermatologist.As a rule, specifically the specific sensitivity of the skin will be indicated by the above described reactions to external factors that arise spontaneously.
Causes of hypersensitivity to skin
Both external and internal factors can provoke an inadequate reaction of the skin.And the more these factors are present, the harder the reaction.
To external factors of high skin sensitivity are:
- Work in a contaminated room, regular contact with chemical and toxic substances and other specific professional activities.
- Contact with detergents and cleaning agents.
- Low air temperature and cold wind.
- Direct sunlight and ultraviolet rays in general - for example, in a solarium or when working in a medical facility.
- Sharp change in temperature conditions indoors or outdoors.
- Too dry air.
- Visits to the sauna and baths in a constant mode.
- Shaving, especially if after the procedure, lotions with alcohol content are used.
- Forced use of corticosteroids for a long time - this occurs when it is necessary to treat a disease.Excessive physical activity.
- Cosmetic procedures, which are accompanied by trauma to the skin - for example, peelings, liftings and more.
- Surgical procedures involving skin trauma - for example, blepharoplasty.
- Wrong choice of cosmetics or use of substandard.
Internal factors of hypersensitivity to the skin include:
- features of the skin structure;
- genetic predisposition;
- weakness of the vascular walls;
- diseases of allergic or immunological etiology;
- abuse of alcoholic beverages;
- dermatological diseases - for example, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and others;
- some food products - coffee, spicy food, cheese, hot food, chocolate;
- hormonal disorders in women - for example, pregnancy and childbirth, menopause;
- pathology of the gastrointestinal tract;
- pathology of the endocrine system;
- disorders of the intestinal microflora.
Recently, cosmetologists and dermatologists have been observing the pattern of frequent detection of particularly sensitive skin in young people. They associate this phenomenon with the following factors:
- disturbances of hormonal balance in a growing organism;
- improper skin care;
- no treatment for acne and teenage acne;
- deterioration of the ecological environment;
- fashion for tan;
- improper power supply;
- psychoemotional disorders.
It is noteworthy that in adulthood the sensitivity of the skin decreases and this is associated with the age-related changes in its structure.
Symptoms of very sensitive skin
Symptoms of the condition under consideration are usually individual, can manifest themselves in varying degrees of intensity and may be present either in aggregate or separately. But the doctors identified several basic symptoms of extremely sensitive skin:
- a feeling of tightness and discomfort;
- itching and burning;
- rash and redness;
- peeling and tingling;
- feeling of heat.
These signs appear immediately after exposure to the skin of an irritating factor, or several at once - for example, suddenly there may be a feeling of tightness, redness and flaking of the skin after a walk in the frost and wind.
Note: is the most sensitive skin syndrome in people who have a dry type of cover.The localization of the symptoms of the condition in question can be completely different, but most often the facial skin is affected.
What if you have hypersensitive skin?
First and foremost, it is necessary to visit a beautician or dermatologist - these specialists will be able to establish the true cause of hypersensitivity of the skin and choose a method of solving the problem.Some people will only need to protect themselves from the effects of irritating factors and pick up a quality, optimally suitable makeup.And some will have to undergo a specially selected course of treatment to restore their beauty and reduce the level of sensitivity of the skin.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category