Varnish for nails from a fungus: a review of preparations
The varnishes used to treat the fungus are distinguished by several advantages: they are perfectly absorbed into the nail plate, they are not wiped off with clothing and shoes, they are applied quickly and easily.But you need to know that it is advisable to use such medicines only if the nail fungus does not exceed 60% of its surface.Table of contents: Characteristics of varnishes from nail fungus Features of varnish against fungus Rules for the use of antimycotic lacquers Contraindications and possible side effects
Characteristics of nail varnishRecommended to read:
To argue the choice of varnish for the treatment of nail fungus,With some characteristics of these agents:
- The active substances, which are part of antimycotic varnish, penetrate directly into the thickness of the nail plateAnd block the access of oxygen to fungal spores.
- Within 2 days the concentration of the active substance of the varnish from the fungus in the nail bed reaches its maximum and the process of death of fungal spores begins.
- In the first 2-3 days patients can note the disappearance of reddening of the skin around the affected nail( one of the signs of the disease in question) - this means that the drug has started to act.
- You can actively use varnishes against the fungus on the nails when the patient is not treated with systemic therapy.
- Effective drugs under consideration and with superficial forms of nail fungus.
- If there is a need to use decorative varnish, then the treatment is applied simply by the lower layer - so treatment takes place, and the appearance of the nails remains impeccable.
Features of varnishes against fungus
Pharmacies can offer several types of antimycotic varnishes, which of them will be most effective, the doctor decides after the examination of the patient. Let's make a review of such tools:
- Demikten.This means on the nail plate turns into a protective layer in a few seconds( maximum 3), it must be applied daily.In addition to its direct function, Demicten lacquer relieves itching and burning, redness and inflammation of the skin around the affected nail, unpleasant odor.Demicthen is absolutely safe, does not cause side effects and has no contraindications.
- Mycosis.This varnish should be applied to the pre-treated surface of the affected nail - for this, special nail files are attached to the kit.The varnish on the nail forms a protective film that damages the fungal colonies and makes the nails more dense, reduces their porosity.The varnish from the fungus Mikozan is made on the basis of plant material, the application procedure should be carried out every day, the duration of treatment is 2 months.If the agent in question is used as a prophylaxis, then it should be applied to the nails for 2-4 weeks.
- Batrafen.It is this remedy that is considered the most popular among doctors - it helps to cure 58 kinds of nail fungus. Apply this drug following the scheme:
- first month - every other day;
- second month - 2 times in 7 days;
- third month - 1 time in 7 days.
The duration of treatment with Batrafen is 6 months.
- Loceril.The varnish acts directly on the structure of the fungus, preventing its growth and spread.Complete with the drug under consideration are spatulas for applying Loceril lacquer, alcohol swabs for degreasing the nail plate and nail files in order to make the surface of the affected nail rough.For the entire period of treatment of nail fungus, Loceril lacquer is strictly forbidden to build nails, do manicures with decorative varnishes, and all "domestic" work should be performed in gloves( if the fungus is treated on the nails of the upper extremities).
Rules for the use of antimycotic lacquersWe recommend reading:
Yes, a well-chosen lacquer for the treatment of nail fungus is a big step on the way to cure.But this is not enough!Doctors say that the patient will achieve full success only if he strictly observes the rules for the use of such a drug.
First, you need to thoroughly wash your feet and / or hands, clean the dirt and dust of nail plates and skin around your nails.Once the legs and nails are completely dry, you need to degrease the surface of the affected nail - this can be done with alcohol swabs that come complete with antimycotic lacquer.However, you can use other means - for example, iodine solution.
Secondly, the nails need to be cut short and polish their surface with a nail file - it usually also comes complete with a medicine.This must be done so that the antimycotic lacquer penetrates as deeply as possible into the nail plate and reaches the places where the colonies of fungal spores are concentrated.
Please note: after such procedures, you must either carefully disinfect the tool( scissors, cutters, etc.), or discard if it is intended for one-time use.
Thirdly, you need to apply varnish to the treated nail as many times as specified in the instructions.Then it is necessary to wait for its complete drying - usually the time does not exceed 3 minutes.
Please note: should never be used for the treatment of nail fungus with two different varnishes - they will automatically reduce the effectiveness of each other.
Contraindications and possible side effects of
It is necessary to understand that antimycotic varnish does not belong to decorative varnish, it has a therapeutic effect and therefore it is necessary to familiarize yourself with the instruction for its use before use.Such an annotation is present in the packaging of each remedy, there is no document only for the Demict lacquer, as its manufacturers claim that the remedy is absolutely safe and has no contraindications.
Most often, the following contraindications are mentioned in the instructions for antimycotic lacquers:
- child's age of the patient( up to 4 years);
- period of bearing the child;
- period of breastfeeding;
- Individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to components of antimycotic lacquer.
Despite the availability of varnishes from nail fungus, their free sale( a prescription is not required), before choosing a specific medication you need to get advice from a specialist - this will become a guarantee of complete disposal of the disease.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category