Candidiasis in men: symptoms, causes and treatment
No matter how strange it may sound, men are extremely sensitive to the health of their genitourinary system.Of course, a very important role is played by venereal diseases, but this article will be talking about candidiasis( thrush) - a disease that is caused by inguinal fungus.Table of Contents: Causes of Candidiasis in Men Symptoms of Thrush in Men Treatment of Candidiasis in Men
Causes of Candidiasis in Men
Yeast-like Candida fungi cause the disease in question - they are present in every organism, regardless of the sex of the person.If you take a laboratory study, then these fungi can be detected easily in the intestine, and in the mouth, and in the ears, and on the genitals.When a person is absolutely healthy and his immune system is strong, it is considered an unfavorable environment for Candida fungus - they simply "hide", form around themselves some sort of protective shell and "wait" for a convenient moment for their own growth and spread.
As soon as a favorable moment occurs( for example, a person's immune system is broken or some pathology arises), fungi begin to grow and spread, they parasitize the body, filling it with toxins.
Symptoms of thrush in men
Depending on where the colonies of Candida fungi are located, the following diseases will develop:
- Balanitis.In this case, the Candida is affected only by the glans penis.For balanitis is characterized by a change in the color of the glans penis - it becomes red, the appearance of a plaque on it - it has a white-gray color, the development of puffiness.If this disease has passed into the chronic form of the current, reddening and swelling will be revealed in the inguinal region.
- Urethritis.Pathology occurs only if the fungus is localized to the urethral mucosa, which provokes an inflammatory process.Distinctive signs of urethritis are painful urination, purulent discharge from the urethra, white-gray mass on the glans penis.Often, men experience pain during intercourse, as the skin of the glans penis becomes thinner.
Note: purulent discharge and even mucus secreted from the urethra may be a sign of gonorrhea development, a serious venereal disease that can lead to the development of dangerous complications.
- Balanoposthitis.There is a fungal lesion of the foreskin, to which the problem of opening the head, pushing out the foreskin is added.You can not talk about reducing the sexual desire, rather, on the contrary - because of the excessive sensitivity of the inflamed flesh, it increases.
Consult a physician if the following symptoms appear:
- under the foreskin there are white curdled discharge;
- the penis became hot, there is a slight burning sensation;
- the opening of the urethra has become red;
- on the head of the penis appeared small pimples.
Treatment of candidiasis in menRecommended reading:
Of course, the direction of therapy, some specific drugs prescribe the doctors after a thorough examination of the patient.But there are general recommendations for the treatment of the disease in question:
Baths with physiological saline or manganese solution are prescribed - they are made on average 3 times a day, each procedure should not last more than 20 minutes.Immediately after the bath, an ointment or cream is applied to the penis, which are prescribed by the doctor in charge.
Creams and ointments for candidiasis in men are prescribed:
- Clotrimazole - 2 times a day applied to the head and to the foreskin;
- Miconazole - applied 2 times a day until the symptoms of candidiasis disappear completely;
- Pimafucin - applied to the glans penis 2-3 times a day until the symptoms completely disappear, and then 3 days in a row "to fix the effect";
- Natamycin - applied 3 times a day for 10 days;
- Nystatin - applied 2 times a day, the duration of treatment is a maximum of 10 days.
Often, doctors prescribe lazer phoresis and phytotherapy - these are not quite the usual methods of treating the disease in question, but they are considered to be quite effective.Laser irradiation increases immunity, has a general restorative effect, but phytotherapy has an anti-inflammatory effect.If we talk about phytotherapy, then for the treatment of candidiasis in men used decoctions of barberry, calendula, chamomile and cloves - of them make baths and lotions on the penis.
It is very important to adhere to certain rules of nutrition during the treatment of the disease in question:
- excludes from the daily menu baked products, hot and smoked foods, canned food, confectionery and spirits;
- You can not eat pumpkin, zucchini, potatoes and dairy products;
- needs to use lactose-free dairy products;
- always on the menu should be fresh fruit and allowed vegetables( for example, tomato, cucumber, carrots, beets).
Candidiasis in men is easy enough and easy to treat, it is important only in time to seek qualified medical help.Usually, therapeutic methods of treatment are avoided, but if the disease under consideration occurs against phimosis, then it is necessary to perform the operation.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category