Sebaceous plugs: causes and methods of treatment
Sebaceous plugs on the face, perhaps, are known to everyone - such rashes can appear and at a young age, and already in the older.By the way, sebaceous corks on the face are quite a serious cosmetic defect, so you need to know not only the reasons for their appearance, but also the methods for solving the problem.
The causes of the appearance of sebaceous plugs
As a rule, it is the increased fat content of the skin that leads to the appearance of characteristic rashes.The fact is that with this type of skin pores are always dilated and naturally they accumulate dirt, dust, dead epidermis scales.And do not forget that through these very pores, the secret of the sebaceous glands comes out, and if they are clogged, then all components are accumulated.
What can cause increased fat content of the skin?First, it can be a genetic predisposition - according to statistics, the fatty skin type in most cases is inherited by children from parents.Secondly, a major role in the formation of the type of skin is played by the hormonal background - for example, a woman can have a normal skin type, but during pregnancy the hormonal background changes and after the delivery the skin becomes fat.Thirdly, sebaceous plugs can appear if the skin care is wrong.
How to get rid of sebaceous plugs on the face
In general, to solve the problem in question it is necessary to adhere to an integrated approach.It will not be enough to just start regular caring procedures, you will need to change your lifestyle, and adjust your diet, and use popular methods to get rid of sebaceous plugs.But first of all, you need to visit a cosmetologist and find out the reason for the appearance of the problem in question.If sebaceous plugs are associated with disorders in the hormonal background, you will need to get advice from an endocrinologist and go through, perhaps, a course of treatment.If the sebaceous plugs are just a consequence of the wrong approach to preserve and enhance the health of the face, the specialist will give clear and effective recommendations.
Nutrition for greasy traffic jams on the face
Usually the sebaceous glands begin to actively develop their secret with malnutrition.It's no wonder that cosmetologists, working with patients about the sebaceous plugs on their face, direct them to the nutritionist. In order to correctly adjust your diet, you need to observe some rules:
- It is desirable to exclude meat from the diet.Of course, this is absolutely a cardinal method, but in the "light version" you can exclude from the menu fatty meat and eat rabbit meat, chicken and lamb.
- Fish should always be present on the table.Even if there is no special love for fish, you need at least once a day to prepare fish dishes - it can be salted herring, fried flounder, and stewed crucian carp.Do not try to replace caviar with fish - this product is also very useful, but its composition is somewhat different from the composition of fish.
- Raw vegetables and fruits should be consumed at least 2 times a day.These products contain a lot of fiber, which has a beneficial effect on the digestive system.Remember that the intestines and acne are interrelated, so the condition of the facial skin will depend on the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
- The principle of fractional power must be observed.Overeating, as well as malnutrition, negatively affects the work of the whole organism as a whole, including the functioning of the sebaceous glands.Eat every 2-3 hours, but in small portions.
- Be sure to eat milk and dairy products.You can enter everything in the menu - cottage cheese and cream, kefir and ryazhenka, whole milk and natural yoghurts.The only clarification from a nutritionist - the percentage of fat content of all listed products should be as low as possible.
- Discard the butter.It is much more useful for the skin of the face and the work of the sebaceous glands to use vegetable fats - olive, linseed, corn and other oils.
Such a diet will help not only normalize the digestive system, but also contribute to getting rid of extra pounds - such a nice "bonus".
Changing the way of life
Yes, in order to get rid of sebaceous plugs, you will have to reconsider your lifestyle.First, it is necessary to exclude the development of hypodynamia.And this means that you need to competently combine active physical activity and rest - walk more on foot, do a 10-minute warm-up in the morning, perform 5-10 squats or 5-10 slopes every 2 hours with sedentary work.
Another point - it is highly desirable to give up night gatherings, learn how to fully rest at night.The adult person needs to sleep 6-8 hours a day and it is completely useless to try to replace the night sleep by daytime - the body will still work with disturbances.
Visiting cosmetology room
For sure, the expert will give recommendations to carry out several professional procedures for cleaning sebaceous plugs on the face. In beauty salons or special clinics can offer the following procedures:
- Mechanical cleaning.This is the simplest and cheapest procedure.The specialist steals a face and removes( squeezes) each fragment of rashes with clean hands.The advantages of this face cleansing method are very doubtful - the patient experiences pain, for a few hours or even days the face will have a red tint and slight swelling, after a short time the rashes will return.
- Dry cleaning.The procedure is carried out using fruit acids - they are able not only to thoroughly warm up the skin, but also partially dissolve sebaceous plugs.The face will become fresh, the skin will renew, and the places of sebaceous plugs will become white.
- Laser therapy.Many cosmeticians consider exposure to laser as one of the most effective methods of getting rid of sebaceous plugs on the face.Moreover, this procedure is absolutely painless, does not require the patient's stay in the medical institution, does not leave traces on the face.
In some cases, peeling with special scrubs helps to get rid of sebaceous plugs on the face.You can go through this procedure, but beforehand you still need to get permission for such treatment from a doctor.
Treatment of sebaceous plugs at home
There are many ways to get rid of sebaceous plugs on the face, which offers traditional medicine.In general, even at home, you can significantly reduce the amount of rashes and improve the appearance.
Infusion of celandine
You need to take the grass celandine, wash it and crush it thoroughly with a knife or in a blender - the output should be 4 tablespoons of raw materials.Then the resulting mass is poured into 6 cups of water, cooked for 5 minutes and insisted for 8 hours.
How to apply: daily, after washing, you need to wipe your face with a napkin soaked in a ready-made infusion - at least 2 times a day.You can make lotions for the night - enough for 10-15 minutes to attach to the problem areas of the face of a napkin, moistened in a medicine.
It is necessary to grind the dandelion root together with the peel.Take 1 tablespoon of the crushed raw material and pour 250-300 ml of boiling water, to insist 15 minutes.
How to use: you need to drink every night before going to bed ½ cup cooked infusion.Treatment should be conducted for at least 10 consecutive days.During this time, the digestive system normalizes and the secretions of the sebaceous glands decrease.
Take 1 teaspoon of dried or fresh yarrow flowers, brew 1 glass of steep boiling water and infuse for 10-15 minutes.
How to use: infusion of yarrow flowers is used for washing in the morning.In the evening, you can moisten gauze or tissue napkin in warm infusion and attach to the face - this lotion contributes not only to pulling up the accumulated dirt, but also narrowing the pores.
Pumpkin and nettle mask
Take 3 spoons of nettle leaves and pour a glass of steep boiling water, insist 15-20 minutes.Grate the flesh of the pumpkin with a small grater - 2 tablespoons of the mass should be produced.Next, into the resulting pumpkin slurry pour 1 tablespoon of broth from the leaves of nettle and put 1 teaspoon of oatmeal, everything is thoroughly mixed.
How to use: 1 time in 2 days you need a mixture prepared according to the recipe, applied to the face and maintained in this position for 25 minutes.Then wash with warm water and dry the skin.
Dairy products and egg whites
Once a week it will be useful to make a mask of egg white, a tablespoon of sour cream or the same amount of kefir.
How to use: on the previously cleaned face, apply the finished mixture, soak 15-20 minutes and rinse with warm water and soap.
For them you can use ordinary boiled water or a decoction of chamomile, sage leaves, thyme.Such a broth is prepared according to the classic recipe: 1 tablespoon of dry raw material for 250-300 ml of boiling water, it is insisted 15 minutes.
How to use: clean the face of cosmetics and dust( wash), pour hot broth or water in a wide but not deep basin and tilt the face over it, covered with a towel.Time of procedure - 15 minutes.
Experts recommend that in the face skin care use lotions for alcohol, soap and gels with drying effect.The fact is that the excess fat content of the skin can be removed only by the method of drying it - just these means and will help in this.
Prophylaxis of sebaceous plugs on the face
Why do some people have no visible changes in the face associated with greasy stoppers, although their skin can not be called normal or dry?It's simple - they competently carry out skin care and follow the doctors' recommendations to prevent the appearance of the problem in question. These include:
- Power monitoring.It is necessary to closely monitor your own diet, but the rare disorders and consumption of too fatty foods will not be a tragedy.
- Regular cleansing of the face.For this you need to use professional cosmetic products - gels, tonics, lotions, scrubs, creams and so on.They must be selected in accordance with the type of skin and age.
- Use of medicinal plants.You can even without visible sebaceous plugs on your face to wash with a decoction of chamomile or sage, wipe your face with ice cubes from the very top of the line, make lotions and masks of pumpkin and nettle decoction.
The sebaceous plugs on the face are able to deliver a lot of inconvenience - from the spoiled appearance to the disturbances in the psycho-emotional plan.That's why you need to constantly carry out skin care, and with an active progression of the problem to seek help from doctors.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category