Erosive gastritis: symptoms and treatment, diet with erosive gastritis
Erosive gastritis is one of the types of pathological process of the inflammatory nature of the gastric mucosa, which can occur in acute or chronic form.A characteristic feature of this disease is the formation of defects( not medical language - erosions) of small dimensions on the surface of the stomach mucosa, moreover, it always becomes hyperemic when the erosions appear( acquires a red tint).The disease under consideration can be acute and cause it to be poor quality food or with signs of spoilage and various toxic compounds that enter the stomach.If the disease in question is chronic, it indicates a disturbance of the digestive system.
Erosive gastritis is characterized by a protracted course, it is difficult to treat and often causes a life-threatening patient - gastric bleeding.Table of contents: Symptoms of erosive gastritis Erosive hemorrhagic gastritis Treatment of erosive gastritis Diet in erosive gastritis Folk medicine in the treatment of erosive gastritis
Symptoms of erosive gastritis
It is very difficult to diagnose the particular form of gastritis because its symptoms will be characteristic for othersTypes of inflammation of the gastric mucosa.But if the patient has gastric bleeding on the background of a previously diagnosed gastritis, then he immediately differentiated as erosive.
Symptoms of the disease in question include:
- Pain in the anatomical location of the stomach( epigastric abdomen).With erosive gastritis, pain is most often mild, if the number of erosions is large, and they become too deep, then the pain syndrome becomes as intense as possible and patients have to remove it with potent analgesics.
- Heartburn.This symptom is more often present in the chronic form of the disease in question, when there are violations of gastric motility and reflux( casting) of acidic gastric contents into the lower parts of the esophagus.Disorders of a dyspeptic nature. .They are manifested by the constant presence of a sensation of heaviness in the stomach, a belch with sour or rotten after-taste, dryness and the presence of bitter taste in the mouth, a disorder of the stool, and the patient may be disturbed by constipation and diarrhea.
- Pain intensification( or their sudden appearance) immediately after food or on an empty stomach.In the first case, the products that enter the stomach pressure on the erosion, and the erosive areas irritate with the gastric juice on an empty stomach.
No doctor diagnoses exclusively for the above symptoms, the patient will necessarily undergo a complete examination. First and foremost, he is given fibrogastroduodenoscopy, with which you can visually assess the condition of the gastric mucosa and, if necessary, immediately perform a biopsy( removal of a small piece of the gastric mucosa for a further histological examination by a special instrument).
Since the type of gastritis in question is a long-term, with periodic exacerbations, it is not surprising that in almost every case, various complications develop.And one of the most frequent is considered gastric bleeding from the eroded mucosa - these gastritis are classified in medicine as erosive-hemorrhagic gastritis.
In order for erosive hemorrhagic gastritis to develop, erosion must be "made" to the vascular bed of the stomach wall .But since each person has an individual arrangement of blood vessels, the depth of their bedding, then gastric bleeding does not always belong to high risks even with the previously diagnosed erosive gastritis .The risk group consists of people with persistent high blood pressure, pathologies of the blood coagulation system. In addition, with erosive gastritis, a dangerous complication( bleeding) can occur against the background of the patient's use of certain medicines( mainly non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), anticoagulants and some painkillers.
Symptoms of the transition of erosive gastritis to its considered subspecies include:
- Sudden reduction in pain intensity.Moreover, the more bleeding, the faster the pain and pain decrease.Such a paradoxical phenomenon is connected with the fact that erosions penetrating deep into the stomach wall first destroy pain receptors, and only then blood vessels.That's why the patient first completely disappears pain and only then bleeding begins.
- Vomiting is an indispensable sign of the development of an erosive gastritis accompanied by bleeding.The nature of vomiting is variable and depends on several factors - how much bleeding is intense, what is the size of the vessels damaged by erosion, how many other vessels are damaged.If blood clots come out of the patient in combination with food and mucus, then this will indicate active bleeding, but the brown color of the vomit is that blood begins to enter the stomach cavity, or bleeding is characterized by a non-intensive character.
- Anemia.The severity of the signs of anemia depends only on the amount of blood loss, but there will necessarily be noise in the head, an inexplicable decrease in blood pressure, and an increase in heart rate.The patient will complain of dizziness, and others may note a pallor of the face.
- Dark stool color.Rarely, but there may be too little bleeding from the gastric mucosa.In this case, the above symptoms may not be, even the urge to vomit is not noted.Staining of feces in a dark color occurs due to the ingress of blood into the stomach and further into the intestine, where it decomposes.
Treatment of erosive gastritis
Treatment of the disease under consideration is a lengthy and rather troublesome process.Only an integrated approach to solving the problem will be appropriate.And one more nuance - no folk remedies will help to get rid of erosive gastritis, but they can be used as an auxiliary therapy.
In the treatment of erosive gastritis, doctors use the method of individual approach to each patient, but there are general directions:
- Reduction in the activity of gastric juice production.This is done by taking medications by the patient, which have an antisecretory mechanism of action.These include Ranitidine, Omez, Famotidine, Control and Kwamatel.
- Mitigation of aggressive action of hydrochloric acid.For this, the patient is prescribed antacid agents - Rennie, Almagel, Venter, Maalox, Fosfalugel.These drugs not only reduce acidity, but also form a protection( a "film" is formed) directly above the already existing erosions, which causes rapid healing.
- Relief of digestive processes, which is achieved by the appointment of specific enzyme preparations - Festal, Creon, Pangrol, Mezim, Panzinorm.
- Normalization and stabilization of gastric / duodenal motility.A similar pathological condition occurs in almost every case of erosive gastritis, so among the appointments of a doctor you can see Cerucal, Domperidone, Metoclopramide and / or Motilium.
Note: if doctors diagnose erosive hemorrhagic gastritis, the patient is prescribed haemostatic drugs for intramuscular or intravenous administration.These include Vikasol, Etamsilat, Tioctic acid and Dicynon.
When a patient has already been withdrawn from the acute stage of an erosive gastritis course, he may be treated with alkaline water, but for this it is necessary to visit a specialized sanatorium and undergo a course of therapy under the supervision of specialists.
Diet for erosive gastritis
No medicine, no folk remedies will help cure erosive gastritis if the patient does not follow a diet.To make it should be a doctor-dietitian or therapist who is familiar with the patient's medical history and knows all the features of his health. The general principles of the diet for erosive gastritis are:
- Refusal of food, which contributes to increased gastric juice production and irritation of the mucosa - sausages and meat delicacies, any products that have been smoked, too fatty foods, spices / spices, any products cooked by frying.
- All products must be of high quality, and cook only for a couple or in a boiled form.
- Eating a patient must be a fraction - take food at least 6 times a day.Portions at the same time should be small, overeating should not be allowed, but it is extremely undesirable to feel hungry.
- All cooked dishes should be warm and crushed / scrunched.Both high and low food temperatures equally adversely affect the inflamed gastric mucosa.
- Baking and fresh bread, chocolate sweets, any fatty foods of animal origin, biscuits are forbidden to eat.
Traditional medicine in the treatment of erosive gastritis
Below are a few recipes that will help maintain the condition of a patient with erosive gastritis and can be included in complex therapy.
In the evening take 2 teaspoons of flax seeds and brew them with a glass( about 300 ml) of boiling water.In the morning on an empty stomach, before drinking the first meal, drink 1/3 cup( seeds must also be swallowed), and the rest of the infusion should be drunk during the current day, but not by volley, and divided by several times.Such a decoction of flaxseed is recommended to be consumed every day for a month, even if an acute attack of erosive gastritis has already passed.
It is prepared from raw potatoes that are passed through a juicer or rubbed and then through the cheesecloth they "extract" the juice.Drink only freshly prepared product, because after 10 minutes all of its useful properties disappear.Eat potato juice before the main meals, and you can not eat for 30 minutes.Duration of consumption of potato juice is 10 days, but you need to drink it for 3 days, then make a break for 1 day and continue in the same mode.
Tincture and Seed Calendula
It is necessary to take 2-3 teaspoons of dried calendula flowers, which are filled with a glass of steep boiling water( 300 ml).This procedure is done at night, and in the morning, having filtered the product, it should be taken in small amounts, but all the volume should be drunk during the day.
Erosive gastritis is considered quite a dangerous disease, which requires full treatment.Even if an acute attack of the disease is removed, the patient should continue to take prescribed medications, take folk remedies( only after consulting with the treating doctor!), Go through a sanatorium and regularly visit a specialist for preventive examinations.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category