Cranberry cystitis: hoe, aanbevelingen artsen nemen
Jun 19, 2018
Cystitis is an inflammatory process that is localized in the walls of the bladder.In the treatment of this pathology, official medicine recommends a course of treatment with antibiotics( antibiotics), but folk medicine believes that an excellent solution to the problem of cystitis is. .. cranberries.This berry will not only decorate and emphasize the flavoring subtleties of culinary masterpieces, but also help in the fight against pathogenic bacteria / viruses that provoked the development of cystitis.Contents: What is the use of cranberries? Cranberry helps with cystitis. Cranberry recipes for cystitis
What is the benefit of cranberries
The composition of the berries is 88% water, but the rest of the ingredients cause "respect"Flavonoids, vitamin C, antioxidants, organic substances, triterpenoids and others. Based on this multi-faceted composition, conclusions were drawn about the benefits of cranberries:
- It is necessary for the body, as it has antimicrobial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.Pectins contained in the berry, remove from the body radioactive compounds, flavonoids increase the elasticity of blood vessels and prevent the development of atherosclerosis, improve blood circulation in small vessels.In addition, the cranberry "delivers" in the body minerals, which are important for normal life.
- When using cranberries, the ability of pathogenic microorganisms to attach to the wall of the urethra and bladder decreases, to colonize these areas.This effect is achieved due to the content of proanthocyanidins in the berry under consideration, which, however, are also found in other fruits and berries, and these nutrients also exist in nuts.But the fact is that only the cranberry contains a group of proanthocyanidins in the form of A-dimers, namely they have the necessary effect for cystitis( in all other fruits and berries, nuts contain the same substances but in the form of B-dimers).
- Cranberry juice has a direct bacteriostatic effect.This means that the drink helps to stop the multiplication of pathogenic bacteria, which provoke the development and progression of cystitis.But it is worthwhile to know that this effect can be expected only with the use of concentrated cranberry juice.
Note: until recently it was believed that the main benefit with cystitis from cranberries is its ability to acidify urine.But now doctors are sure that this is far from the case, because in order for this to happen, you will need to consume several liters of concentrated cranberry juice, and, once, once.
Will cranberry help with cystitis
The benefits of cranberries in progressive cystitis have been studied by a very respectable and respected institution in the medical world - the Cochrane community specializing in reviews of the effectiveness of various medications.In 2004, representatives of this community found out and announced to the world the conclusion: the intake of cranberries( this may be juice or special capsules) in the treatment of chronic cystitis reduces the number of relapses by 39%.Moreover, there were no significant differences in efficacy between fresh juice and capsules, but patients who took berries in a pharmacological form complained of digestive system disorders.
The latest analysis of the Cochrane community was conducted in 2008, and it showed that the use of cranberries in the inflammatory process of the bladder is clearly more effective than the use of agents with lactobacilli.
Please note: despite the fact that the decrease in the number of relapses in chronic cystitis after consumption of cranberries is markedly reduced, for the acute phase of the inflammatory process this effect was not confirmed at the official level.
In the market there are many nutritional supplements based on cranberries, manufacturers position them as effective agents for fighting cystitis.But you need to be extremely careful in choosing a specific dietary supplement, since they are not all equally useful - it all depends on how much active substances are present in them.It is much more expedient to use fruit drinks, cocktails and medicines on the basis of cranberries, which are produced by the pharmacological industry.
Is it allowed to consume cranberries and cranberry juice for pregnant women?This question often arises in women, because cystitis can "break out" in the period of bearing a child in an acute form, and relapses with an already existing history of chronic cystitis happen too often.Doctors do not give an unambiguous answer to this question, because to someone cranberry juice helps to cope with heartburn and nausea in early toxicosis, and someone, on the contrary, reacts to such an additive in the diet with problems in the work of the gastrointestinal tract.Official medicine does not prohibit the use of cranberry juice for pregnant women, but the decision is made in a strictly individual order.
Recipes for cranberries for cystitis
To use cranberry in an inflammatory process in the bladder was really effective, you need to know how to properly prepare healthy / curative drinks.
You need to take 500 grams of fresh cranberries( you can use frozen berries), carefully knead it in a meat grinder or blender.The juice that separated during the pressure of cranberries should be drained in a separate vessel and diluted with water( add 2 liters).In order to slightly reduce the acid level of the drink, 400 grams of sugar should be added to the resulting mixture of juice and water.Prepared "semi-finished" fruit should be put on fire, bring to a boil and let it boil for 10 minutes over medium heat.Next, the mors must cool down.
Take mors from cranberries with cystitis need half the glass up to 5 times a day, preferably not on an empty stomach.The duration of Morse use is not limited.
For the preparation of cranberry juice, you can use only a fresh berry in the amount of 500 grams.Fruits pour 3 glasses of water, put on the fire and give a boil, leave for a slow heating for another 15 minutes - during this time the berries will begin to burst.After the specified time, remove the drink from the fire and allow it to cool, then strain it.
Take cranberry juice in the amount of 200 ml three times a day, to improve its taste, you can add sugar or honey.The juice is stored in the refrigerator.
Note: many prepare cranberry tincture on vodka and consider it also a cure for cystitis.And official medicine asserts that as a medicine such infusion is absolutely useless, it will fit only as a tasty aperitif.
Broth from cranberries
One glass of berries is ground in a blender, squeezed juice and put it in the refrigerator.The remaining squeezes from cranberries should be placed in 1 liter of water and boiled for 7 minutes.Broth cool and mix with the juice from the refrigerator, add to the resulting broth two tablespoons of honey.
Take a cranberry broth for cystitis, you need half a glass 4 times a day.The duration of the course of use is not limited.
All of the above products, prepared on the basis of cranberries, can be used and as a preventive tool.
Drugs based on cranberries
Pharmacological agents that are made from cranberries can not be called medicinal products - they are positioned as food additives. These include:
- Uproprofit - take 1 capsule twice a day, the duration of use is 30 days;
- Monorail Previstic - drink 1 tablet after dinner and always on an empty bladder.The course of treatment is 3 months, drink the drug 2 weeks a month, then take a break, pregnant women are contraindicated;
- Urinale - take 1 capsule 3-4 times a day half an hour after a meal, pregnant women are contraindicated;
- Cystivit - consume 1 capsule per night with 200 ml of clean water.One course lasts 2-3 weeks, to obtain the desired effect, this drug is taken by courses for 3 months;
- Cranberry + With - within 1 to 2 months you need to take 1 capsule three times a day, it is recommended to take 1 capsule after sexual intercourse with a history of postcoital cystitis.
Cranberry in the treatment of cystitis plays a big role, but still do not ignore and qualified medical care.Cranberries can be used only as an auxiliary and preventive agent, and in this case the problem of chronic cystitis with frequent relapses will not stand.
Yana Tsygankova, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category.