Hoe en wanneer om te beginnen met tanden poetsen van uw kind
If the baby's teeth are punched, the first question, for sure, is "should I brush my teeth in early childhood?".In addition, you will need to understand and what kind of toothbrush and paste you can use for this procedure, how to teach crumbs how to use these objects.All of these questions will be answered in the material presented.Table of contents: From what age to brush your teeth to a child How to brush your teeth for a child How to choose a child's toothbrush General principles of proper tooth cleaning for a one-year-old child How to teach a child to brush his teeth himself What is the need for teeth cleaning for children
At what age do I brush my teeth to a child
Many mothers underestimate the importance of the procedure and begin to teach the baby to use a toothbrush late.Pediatricians claim that the mouth and teeth should be cleaned from the moment when the child already has at least one tooth.As a rule, this corresponds to the age of 5-6 months and at this time it is enough to conduct one cleaning of the tooth per day.
Closer to a year and a half the child will need to learn how to brush his teeth at least twice a day, and if this procedure does not irritate him, then three.
Than brushing a child's teeth
Until the age of 1 year, the baby needs to clean the teeth and mouth with a soft cloth or gauze, which must first be moistened in water.On sale there are special nozzles on the finger in the form of soft rubber brushes, which parents can use.
Close to one-year age( 10-11 months) the baby can get a toothbrush.To select this object should be individually, paying attention to the soft pile - on sale there are toothbrushes intended just for use by kids, they will be the best option.The toothbrush must never injure the gums or enamel on the teeth.
Note: at the age of 3 years apart from a toothbrush the kid will not need anything else.Toothpastes, gels and powders are prohibited.
In 1-3 years the baby needs to brush his teeth and clean the entire mouth twice / thrice a day, and parents should do it.Of course, the child will try and carry out the hygienic procedure himself - be sure to immediately properly teach him to keep the toothbrush.But technically, to clean the teeth and cleanse the mouth, even at the age of three, the child is difficult, so parents will need help in any case.Just three years old baby can already buy a special, baby toothpaste.
In order not to miss something important during the child's learning to brush your teeth, parents should remember a few simple rules regarding hygienic devices for the oral cavity:
- baby toothbrush should be changed every two / three months;
- when choosing a toothbrush it is reasonable to give preference to models with soft bristles and a rounded head, which will prevent even accidental injuries of the oral mucosa;
- you can buy a toothbrush with a beautiful, bright design - for example, on her handle can be depicted the hero of some cartoon or just a funny animal;
- in no case can a child brush his teeth with paste with fluoride in the composition;
- kids do not need to brush their teeth with a whitening effect - they contain abrasive substances that can damage the tooth enamel;
- up to the age of four the child does not spit out toothpaste, so it is worth buying the one that is allowed to swallow;
- popular mouthwash can not be used alone, such a tool is prescribed by the dentist;
- When choosing a toothpaste, pay attention to the composition of the product - it should not contain parabens, dyes and aggressive surfactants.
How to choose a toothbrush for a child
Specialists say that parents can choose the right toothbrush for a baby if they remember and use the following recommendations:
- You can not buy brushes made from natural bristles - on such a material pathogenic microorganisms multiply very quickly.If the child will use just such a toothbrush, then in the oral cavity can develop stomatitis.
- If you want to buy a toothbrush for a child aged 1-3 years, then when choosing it is worth paying attention to her pen - it should be strong and thick, so that the kid could confidently hold it.
- The bristles on the hygienic device in question are to be assembled in a "section-group", which must be 23 pieces.
- A child under 5 years of age should only use a very soft toothbrush.
- The child's toothbrush head length must not exceed 23 mm.
Some brands have a complete set of hygienic devices for sale: a thimble brush( suitable for a half-year-old crumb), with a small head and a thick handle( it will be the best option for a child 1-2 years old), the biggest( will speed up the learning process of the child).We recommend to read:
General principles of proper tooth cleaning for a one-year-old child
As soon as the baby is 1 year old, it is necessary to clean his mouth and teeth with a special brush with a long handle.Pediatricians and children's dentists note a bad trend - parents do not know how, and do not know how to properly brush their children's teeth, which leads to abrasion of the enamel and early caries. And after all it is enough to adhere to the clear algorithm to avoid such problems:
- The toothbrush is well wetted with water.
- The brush is positioned at an angle of 45 degrees and is inserted into the baby's mouth.Without changing the position, careful movements are made with the brush from the gum to the edge of the teeth.
- You can not press a brush on your teeth, you need to remove the plaque with soft, smooth movements.
- During the hygienic procedure, it is necessary to explain to the child why this is done at all.
- If the kid himself reaches for the toothbrush and tries to do everything on his own, then do not interfere with it, it is better to immediately show the child how to use this hygienic device.
- It is necessary to teach the child to rinse the mouth with water and spit the paste.
Another important point: pediatricians and pediatric dentists recommend brushing your baby's teeth for two minutes.This procedure can be unpleasant to the child, he can start to be capricious, but you can find a way out of the situation - for example, buy an hourglass for 2 minutes and invite the kid to track time, or put a two-minute cartoon for viewing.
How to teach a child to brush his teeth
Quite often, parents are faced with the fact that the child flatly refuses to brush his teeth on his own.In this case, you need to turn the process into a game!First, you need to buy him a beautiful, bright and unusual toothbrush.In addition to it, it is worth buying a "tasty" toothpaste, but only one that can be swallowed.Secondly, it is possible to offer the child to play in "cleaners" - who will better and more thoroughly clean the teeth, he will receive a prize( for this it is necessary to stock up with bright stickers, useful sweets).Thirdly, you can find films on the Internet in the Internet about how to properly brush your teeth - demonstrating the "requirements" in action often positively affects the baby's desires.
Usually, by the age of 4-5, children can brush their teeth by themselves.If parents have accustomed to this hygienic procedure of the child from an early age, then cleaning the teeth will become a habitual "measure."
What is the need for teeth cleaning for children
Many parents believe that the baby's "baby" teeth are temporary, they do not have any special function: "here they will be replaced by permanent ones, then they will have to be cleaned".This is a wrong opinion! It is very important to brush your teeth from an early age and there are several reasons for this:
- milk teeth form a correct bite and ensure the correct growth of permanent teeth;
- any teeth participate in the formation of the bones of the skull, and therefore have a great influence on the formation of facial features;
- if cleaning of teeth will be carried out irregularly, then the pathogen will enter the body of the kid( from the mouth to the intestine), which can lead to the development of serious enough pathologies;
- if the care of teeth and mouth goes wrong, it will lead to the development of caries not only on "dairy", but also on permanent teeth.
Cleanliness of the mouth is a guarantee of dental health in the future.Agree, it is much easier to conduct regular hygiene procedures in early childhood than in the subsequent visit to the dentist and constantly treat the teeth.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category