How to teach a child to crawl
By the age of six months the baby's muscles are strong and elastic, so by this time the baby is already able to move independently.But many children are banal lazy to make the first movements, so parents often wonder whether it is possible to teach the child to crawl and how to do it right?In general, for this purpose, there is a specially developed program of physical exercises and even a learning algorithm, but first parents need to understand why it is necessary to teach to crawl a child, because there are children who have "missed" this stage of development and immediately started walking with their feet.Table of contents: What is the use of crawling for an infant Exercises for developing crawling skills in a baby How to help a baby learn how to crawl correctly
What is the use of crawling for a baby
Crawling for a baby is an important stage in development,And motor skills, and the formation of psychological factors, and increased brain activity.
The benefits of crawling are as follows:
- moving crawling, the baby learns to navigate in space, improves her tactile sensations from touching various subjects, knows her own body and its capabilities;
- becomes more vivid the visual perception of surrounding objects than the examination of them from the hands of the mother, the child gets acquainted with new forms, colors, quickly learns to distinguish them;
- crawling activates the brain activity - the two hemispheres begin to interact, and this facilitates the simultaneous operation of the upper and lower extremities;
- the child learns to stay for a while without a mother, only at the very beginning of crawling the baby will still require increased attention, but then it will be removed;
- if the child is surely crawling, then it will be much easier to teach him to walk - his muscular base will be fully strengthened, there will be a readiness to develop a new type of movement.
It's safe to say that crawling is an important stage in the development of the baby, so parents should teach their babe this skill if he himself is lazy.
Exercises for the development of crawling skills in infants
In order for a baby to begin to crawl and do it right, parents should help him to master only a few important skills by means of simple exercises :
- "Opening the palms".Moving confidently and without difficulty the child will be able only if he leans on the open palm.Parents can teach their baby to properly open their palms using a fitball.You will need to buy a large inflatable ball, you need to spread the baby's back up on it and, holding the crumb on the legs, gradually tilt it down.As soon as the child's hands touch the floor, he spontaneously opens his palms.This exercise should be done at least once a day.
Important! In general, fitball is recommended to be purchased immediately after the birth of the baby - laying on it a tummy down the baby, you can quickly and without the use of medicines to save it from intestinal colic.
- We develop knee joints.These exercises are also very convenient to spend on fitball - you need to put the child on the ball with his belly down and supporting it by the back, bend one by one, leaning against the palm.Literally, after 2-3 such lessons, the crumb itself will be repelled from the palm of the parent.
- We strengthen the back.To carry out the exercise you need on a firm horizontal surface, it is enough simply to put a blanket under the kid.The child needs to be lifted from the hips from the prone position on the abdomen, put the handles "at point blank".Now you need to shake a little crumbs of the legs, which will stimulate the child to make progress.Of course, from the first time the baby will not even understand what is required of him, but eventually he will move the handles and legs.
The above exercises, held at least once a day, will help not only to teach the child to crawl, but also to strengthen his muscles and ligaments, which will prevent dislocations and stretch marks in the future.
How to help your child learn how to crawl correctly
Do not try to find ways to help your child to acquire the crawling skill - there are a number of tips / recommendations that will come in handy:
- It is not necessary to protect the baby from any active actions.On the contrary, parents should encourage and praise the crumb for any attempt to stand up, roll over, sit down.
- You can not restrict the area of movement of the baby.It is enough to choose only the most safe space, where there will be no electrical nodes, sharp corners of furniture, sockets - the kid can freely stay there and move in any direction.
- During active games, it is often necessary to lay babies on their stomachs and help them to raise themselves on pens and legs.Of course, at first you will need to insure the baby - uncertain movements, unsteady muscles will lead to a fall and injury, which may delay the moment of crawling because of the child's fear.
- It is best to teach a child to crawl in a playful form.For example, you can put the baby on his tummy and place near it a bright toy.The child will try to reach it and invariably start moving forward - push the toy away, let the baby move on.But it's absolutely not worthwhile forcing the baby to move in this way for too long - he just might lose interest in the activity.20 minutes of such lessons and give the child a coveted toy.
- You can twist the roller from a blanket or diaper and put it under the breast crumbs.This situation will accelerate the acquisition of the skill of leaning on the handles, very soon the baby will be able to keep his body even on one hand and just during this period, parents can help him move forward, making support for the legs from his hand.
Teach a child to crawl quite realistically, there is nothing complicated in this.It is important to listen to your baby - all babies are different, they even develop at different rates, so it's better not to rush things, but slowly, but confidently move towards the goal.
We recommend to see a useful video lesson that will help you teach the child to crawl correctly:
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category