How to recognize swine flu: symptoms and treatment of influenza A( H1N1)
Swine flu.This diagnosis casts panic and horror all the population - it is believed that this disease is very difficult and at best leads to complications, and at worst ends in a fatal outcome.And what is known to science about swine flu and how to prevent its appearance?Contents: General information on the influenza A( H1N1) Symptoms of swine flu What is dangerous about swine flu How to recognize swine flu Features of the course of influenza A( H1N1) Important nuances What to take as part of prevention
General information on the influenza A( H1N1)
It is believed that the outbreak of swine flu incidence falls on New Year holidays - people stay at home for a long time, their immunity decreases due to the consumption of a large amount of fatty foods and alcoholic beverages.By the way, it is in connection with the finding of people in their homes that cases of the flu with severe complications are recorded very often - to the patients the patients are already in critical condition.
Note: repeats the same pattern year after year: first the influenza B virus rages, then the H1 N1 flu begins to rage, but it quickly "burns out" and again the influenza B virus, which may sluggishlyInfect people.And even the period of such wavy infection every year is at the same time - from January to March.
A large percentage of swine flu cases were observed in 2009 - and then the deaths were recorded, and the severe course of the infection was clearly traced.Physicians predicted an outbreak of influenza A( H1N1) in 2016 in advance, this strain was laid in the vaccine, which was vaccinated by a large number of people - this allowed to create a good immune stratum among the population.And yet, the dangerous swine flu since the beginning of 2016 began to spread actively to the territories of the countries of the Northern Hemisphere - Russia, Ukraine, Turkey, Israel.
Symptoms of swine flu
The danger of the disease under consideration lies in its rapid development, so it is necessary to know the symptoms of swine flu clearly. These include:
- Severe intoxication of the body, which is always manifested suddenly - the patient can call it literally an hour when he felt bad.
- Hyperthermia is a high body temperature that can reach critical levels.
- Headache of a sharp nature, intense - the patient is irritated by bright light, noise and any movement.
- Problems in the functioning of the respiratory system - patients complain of a dry cough.
- General weakness, accompanied by an ache in the whole body.
- Sensation of lung compression - patients complain of severe pain behind the sternum, inability to take a deep breath and exhale.
Catarrh and conjunctivitis are extremely rare among the symptoms of influenza A( H1N1).
There is a dedicated group of individuals who are at risk for infection with the influenza A virus. It includes:
- children under 5 years;
- pregnant women;
- people over the age of 65;
- patients with previously diagnosed chronic pathologies - for example, pulmonary diseases, kidney problems, and so on;
- people with diabetes and heart disease;
- patients with pronounced obesity.
Than swine flu is dangerous
It is influenza A( H1N1) that pose a particular danger to human health and life - this development is characterized by the development of severe complications. These include:
- Changes in blood structure - it becomes thicker, coagulability increases, and the risk of thrombosis goes to the highest level.
- Within 1-2 days the swine flu passes into viral pneumonia, which is often accompanied by pulmonary edema.
- Influenza virus has a detrimental effect on the kidneys - this can provoke the development of jade.
- Myocardium of the heart is exposed to the negative influence of the virus.
Note: is viral pneumonia, which develops rapidly against the background of swine flu, literally for several hours / days, most often leads to death of the patient.
Head of Rospotrebnadzor Anna Popova:
"That's why literally the first day you need constant monitoring of the doctor: call him at home, because an adequate treatment can only appoint a specialist.Many regions where active spread of influenza has already begun, introduce such practice - a patient with a confirmed diagnosis of "flu" does not go to the hospital every five days to extend the hospital, but every day in sms describes his condition to the treating doctor."
How to recognize the swine flu
Sometimes it is very difficult to immediately determine the development of swine flu - many patients take its symptoms for signs of a common cold oracute respiratory viral infection.This entails improper treatment, omission of the first hours of the disease and the development of serious complications.
distinguish the symptoms of swine flu and the common cold will table:
|temperature||Sometimes, usually not high||Almost always, High( 38-39С °, especially in young children), lasts 3-4 days||Headache||Sometimes||Often|
|Other pains||Not strong||Often, strong|
|Weakness, lethargy||Sometimes||Often, it can last 2-3 weeks.|
|Heavy state, depletion||Never||often, especially early in the disease|
|Stuffy nose||Often Sometimes|
|Sore throat||Often Sometimes|
|chest discomfort||From light to moderate||Often, there is a strong|
|Complications||Sinusitis, inflammation of the middle ear||Sinusitis, bronchitis, inflammation of the middle ear, pneumonia, m.life-threatening|
|Prevention||Wash your hands often, avoid contact with sick colds||Wash your hands often, avoid contact with flu patients, Get vaccinated against seasonal flu, consult your doctor about antiviral drugs|
|Treatment||Antihistamines, anti-pediatric, anti-inflammatory drugs||Antihistamines, decongestants, analgesics( ibuprofen, paracetamol), antiviral in the first 48 hourss after the onset of symptoms.As an effective tool against colds and flu is a drug "Antigrippin".Read more Ask the doctor.|
Features of the course of influenza A( H1N1)
It is worth knowing that swine flu is transmitted by airborne droplets - it can be infected by being near a sick person who sneezes and coughs.For example, in a movie theater, influenza viruses when sneezing from an already ill person spread 10 meters around.
Virologists distinguish several distinctive features of the swine flu:
- Headaches are localized in the forehead area - patients complain of weighting of the superciliary arches.Even a simple attempt to open your eyes, raise your eyelids completely, leads to an intense pain of the drilling character in the eyeballs.
Note: if a child at the preschool age with cold symptoms begins to complain of headache, then call the doctor immediately - headaches for preschool children are not peculiar to .
- If a patient with a cold has a history of heart disease or hypertension, then complaints about copious cold sweats due to high body temperature and difficulty in breathing should be called by the ambulance team.This is a sign of the development of swine flu, and it is for cores and hypertensives that it rapidly passes into viral pneumonia with pulmonary edema.
- For influenza A( H1N1), respiratory failure is typical - the patient can not take a deep breath, it suffers from a constant sense of lack of air, the rhythm of breathing becomes very rapid.
Complications against the background of swine flu can affect almost every organ:
There is much debate about how to behave when the first symptoms of swine flu appear. But the main recommendations of doctors are as follows:
- No need to knock down too zealously high temperature.The rise in temperature is a signal that the body's immune forces have entered into a fight against infection.But too abrupt a leap badly affects the work of the heart.The threshold is 38 degrees Celsius.If the temperature of the flu is 38.5 degrees( for young children - up to 38 degrees), nothing antipyretic is better not to take.If higher - use drugs with paracetamol, ibuprofen, if there are no contraindications.If the temperature does not decrease, urgently call the ambulance team, be sure to report the measures taken, and that the fever does not subside.
- There is no antiviral food and drinks, no matter how pseudo-useful notes are presented to us in social networks.But to activate the immune system will help:
- natural sour-milk products( low-fat yoghurt, ayran, tan),
- citrus( it's really classic: sick - a grid of oranges to uplift, and better lime in tea and grapefruit a day - they are stillAnd the heart helps to survive influenza stress).Vitamin C, with which they are rich, and pectins help to withdraw phlegm from the lungs, reduce the risk of stagnant phenomena.
- all kinds of fruit( from cranberries, cranberries, currants), except sweet( excess sugar prevents the removal of viruses from the body).
- is a natural protein that is easily digested and strengthens the heart - eggs, turkey, chicken breast, rabbit, fish.
- Self-medication should not be dealt with - the result will be deplorable.Yes, it is possible and necessary to provide the patient with an abundant drink, but no medications can be taken!Usually, during severe swine flu, doctors prescribe antiviral drugs, but they are selected individually.If the situation calls for resuscitation, the presence of medical workers next to the patient will save his life.
What to take as part of the prevention of
When the season of mass infection with the influenza A( H1N1) virus begins, it is worth taking certain preventive measures - they will help reduce the risk of infection at times. Virologists give the following recommendations:
- It is not necessary to visit places of a large crowd of people - theaters, discotheques, movie centers, shopping centers and the like are better excluded from their routine.
- After visiting various institutions, staying outdoors and in public transport, wash your hands with soap, and always have special disinfecting napkins - they can wipe your hands and face.
- As often as possible during the day, rinse your nose with saline.An alternative may be sprays with sea water - they are sold in pharmacy chains and have quite adequate cost.
- Before leaving the house and going to work or at any other place, brush the nostrils( direct entrance to the nose) with oxolin ointment - the virus will be obstructed.
- A medical mask is not a panacea for influenza.Viruses are so small that they penetrate through the smallest pores.But as an additional security tool it is quite suitable, especially if you need to move a lot and communicate.Nuance: wear a mask only in transport or indoors, where there are a lot of people.Outdoors, the chance of catching is minimal, so do not torture yourself.
- The house or cabinet needs to be ventilated daily, and each procedure must have at least 15 minutes.Remember - swine flu is spread only in a warm and dry room, it is afraid of cold and dampness.
Swine influenza is a dangerous disease that can lead not only to severe consequences, but also to the patient's death.Only an immediate appeal for help to doctors, a clear implementation of all the recommendations and appointments of specialists will be able to prevent this development.By the way, if the swine flu is mild, the disease lasts for 1-3 weeks without any consequences in the future.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category.