The first lure for artificial feeding
Artificial feeding is considered a full-fledged replacement of breast milk in the baby's nutrition.Mixtures for artificial feeding contain in their composition the maximum permissible amount of vitamins and microelements that are necessary for the growth and development of the baby.Despite the fact that manufacturers are trying to create a complete copy of breast milk, this can not be done 100%.Therefore, the artificial feeding has a great influence on the formation of the diet as the baby grows up.Mom is extremely important to know when it is specifically possible to introduce the lure of babies "artificial" and from what products it should consist.Table of contents: Timing of introduction of complementary foods for artificial feeding Useful tips for parents What products can be used for complementary feeding
Terms for introducing complementary feeding for artificial feeding
All the mixtures that are intended to replace the baby with mother's breast milk are perfectly adapted for the developing organism.And yet, doctors recommend the introduction of lure to babies who are on artificial feeding, in terms earlier than those children who feed on mother's milk.This is due to the fact that for all the positive qualities of the formula for artificial feeding do not give the body all the necessary substances for growth and development.
Concerning the specific timing of introducing complementary foods to babies who are on artificial feeding, even pediatricians do not have a common opinion!One group of specialists believes that it is possible to change the diet of a baby "artificial" from the age of three months.But the second group of pediatricians is sure that the introduction of lactation costs 4.5 to 5.5 months, because before this age the infant's enzyme system is not mature enough, and the gastrointestinal tract is not fully formed.
Note: the exact date of introduction of complementary foods in the diet of a baby who is on artificial feeding can be suggested only by a pediatrician who has a child.Some children are ready for a change of diet at 3 months, others will not accept "adult" food and at six months old.
Useful tips for parents
Why do some children react absolutely calmly to the introduction of complementary foods, while in others this "exercise" is accompanied by intestinal colic, bloating and constipation? The whole point is that the organism of each child reacts to the introduction of new products in different ways and in order to prevent digestive disorders in the baby "artificial", it is necessary to know and follow the rules of introducing complementary foods:
- When introducing a new product into your baby's diet, you need to start with a minimal dose - enough half a teaspoon.If during the three days of such feeding the crumb does not have an allergic reaction or a digestive disorder, then it is possible to increase the amount of complementary foods to a full tea spoon.
- Increase the dosage for one meal and take it gradually.In no case can the baby give at once a lot of a loved product, even if the child tries to achieve his own whims.
- Each product should be introduced into the diet of the baby separately - you can not simultaneously give the baby two or more new ingredients.First, such a "cocktail" is unlikely to be perceived adequately by the baby's stomach, and secondly, if the child has an allergic reaction, to find out what exactly triggered it will be problematic.
- In the first lure, first give the baby a little new product, then feed it with an artificial mixture.Gradually, provided that the child remains fully healthy, one feeding can be completely replaced by lure.
- The first feeding of a child who was on artificial feeding, should be carried out only with the consent of the pediatrician and under condition of absence of any diseases or deviations in the health of the baby.If the baby is sick, or there are deviations in development, or in the near future he will be vaccinated, then the lure can not be introduced.
- There are no teeth for the baby and therefore you need to take care that the lure does not cause inconvenience to the baby.Up to 8-9 months of the child all the "adult" food for him will need to be grinded / grinded to the state of homogeneous puree without lumps.
- All products for the preparation of complementary foods must be completely fresh, and the preparation itself must be carried out in an ideally clean separate container.
- The temperature of the prepared complementary food should be 36-37 degrees, that is, the body temperature of the baby.
- The first feeding of a child who is on artificial feeding, it is better to give in the morning or in the afternoon.If a new product is given to the baby in the evening, then at night it can become bad - neither parents nor the baby himself will sleep enough.
- If the crumb is naughty and categorically rejects the proposed food as complementary foods, then do not be zealous.The next day, try again to offer him the same lure, or prepare mashed potatoes from other foods.
It would seem that such simple rules!But parents often miss some trifle and the first lure becomes a real test for them and for the baby.The health of the child's gastrointestinal tract will depend on how the first complementary process will be carried out in the future.
What products can be used for complementary feeding
Doctors have a specific complementary feeding scheme for babies who are on artificial feeding - it completely excludes the development of any complications if the baby is healthy and develops according to his age. The sequence of products introduction into the ration of crumbs should be as follows:
- puree from vegetables;
- porridge of some varieties;
- sour-milk products;
- fruits and juices;
- fish and meat;Quail egg or yolk( yolk).
Please note: paediatricians of porridge and dairy products are often generally put on one line.If the baby is gaining weight, then he can first enter dairy products, but for problems with weight gain, preference should be given to the porridge.
The very first lure of a child who is on artificial feeding consists of mashed vegetables.Choose for this dish you need hypoallergenic vegetables - the best option will be pumpkin, cauliflower, zucchini.Many parents prepare mashed potatoes - this is allowed, but you need to know that before cooking, potatoes must be kept for a day in cold water, so that all the starch leaves the tuber.After a couple of weeks of constant feeding, you can add a few drops of sunflower or olive oil to the vegetable purée, but you need to salt the puree with salt solution and in minimum quantities.
A month after the first lure was introduced in the form of vegetable puree, the baby can be offered porridge.It can be prepared in milk, diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 1, but the croup should choose either rice, or buckwheat, or oatmeal.
Sour milk products
Curd pediatricians are allowed to enter the diet from the age of 8 months old baby, yogurt from 10 or 11 months.Categorically it is not recommended to use for this purpose store products, in quality and freshness of which it is possible to doubt, it is desirable to purchase special baby food.
Fruits and juices
At 7 months, the baby can start giving fruit puree and freshly squeezed juices.An excellent option will be apple or banana juice, they can be combined and vegetable juices - for example, make apple-carrot or pumpkin-banana juices.Just remember that any juices must be given to the baby in a diluted form, for which they simply need to add boiled water in a 1: 1 ratio.By 9 months, a child can be offered a piece of peeled apple.
The baby's small stomach is only ready for 8 months to take meat lure.Meat should be chosen low-fat varieties - for example, veal, turkey, chicken or rabbit meat.You need to start lure with mashed potatoes, then( after the body gets used to the meat lure) you can give the crumb cutlets cooked for a couple without spices, and meatballs.But keep in mind that meat broth up to 12 months old baby is not recommended!
In the lure you can enter only fish lean( low-fat) varieties - the best option will be cod, sea bass and hake.Cooking fish should be either steamed, or by boiling.A child can be taught this product from 8-9 months, and give it no more than twice a week.
Yolk of the egg
The baby who is on artificial feeding, egg yolk give only at the age of 7 months and older, no more than 2 times a week.You can use for this supplementary chicken or quail eggs.
Parents should remember that it is necessary to introduce lactation, which is on artificial feeding, only after consultation with the pediatrician.It is the specialist who will determine the term of introduction of complementary foods, give recommendations on the choice of products and will be able to monitor the health of the child.
Tsygankova Yana Alexandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category.