At what age can you start giving a baby a vegetable and fruit puree
Feeding babies is a crucial moment for parents, because they need to know not only what is meant by lure, but also at what time it should be introduced into the child's diet.Until recently, pediatricians recommended starting lure with fruit and / or vegetable juices, and, giving their baby a few drops from the second month of life.Table of contents: Rules for the introduction of vegetable puree in the ration of babies Rules for the preparation of fruit puree for babies Introduction to the ration of infants apple mashed potatoes Puree from potatoes and carrots in the newborn's ration Prune puree
To date, the recommendations have changed:
- Breastfeeding lure introduced in 6 months, with artificial - no earlier than 4 months.(In consultation with the pediatrician);
- to start lure better with mashed potatoes from vegetables and / or fruits, but only if the child develops within the limits of normal and excellent gaining weight;
- if the baby has a weight deficit, then first you need to enter the diet of his food porridge, and then fruit / vegetable puree;
- meat dishes are introduced at the very last turn - not earlier than 7 months.
Important! Parents should remember the "golden" rule: the first portion of complementary foods should not exceed one teaspoon in volume.If the child does not have a negative reaction from the body to the product, one-time volume can be increased.
Rules for the introduction of vegetable puree in the ration of infants
Pediatricians say that it is the vegetable puree that is the optimal variant of complementary feeding, since babies rarely develop an allergy to this product, and almost never problems with digestion.Introduce the first vegetable dishes can be from 6 months and you should always start with a one-component puree.This in the future, when the baby gets used to the new product, you can diversify his diet.
Separately, it should be emphasized that there are types of vegetable purees that are allowed to give the baby from the age of four months, but not reducing the proportion of breastfeeding. These include:
- Carrot baby food.To cook it, you need to boil the carrots to the full preparedness and grate on a fine grater.Then a little milk is added to the resulting mass and passed through a sieve.
- Liquid mass from cauliflower.Inflorescences of cauliflower are scalded with boiling water, then washed under running water and placed in hot water, boiled until cooked.Then the water is drained, the inflorescences are filled with milk and ground with a blender to a very liquid porridge condition.
Note: pediatricians allow adding oils to the above vegetable purees - a small amount of butter( literally at the tip of the knife) is perfect for carrot puree, but vegetable unrefined( half a teaspoon) will be the best choice for cauliflower.
Once a toddler gets used to one type of vegetable puree, you can enter into the diet another kind of vegetables.Even if the baby has some preferences, you need to make a menu of it varied and accustom to the use of different types of products.Recommended:
Rules for the preparation of fruit puree for babies
It is recommended to introduce fruit puree from one product into the newborn's diet at the age of 4 months, and if the baby is breastfed and gaining weight, then in 6 months. The main rule - fruit purees should in no case replace the main food, they should act as a tasty and useful dessert .The only exception is one dish - carrot puree with the addition of fruit mass.
In general, fruit baby food can be purchased in ready form and in retail outlets, but natural products are always better absorbed, so you should learn how to prepare puree from fruit yourself.
Things to remember:
- Fruits for preparation of mashed potatoes should not just be thoroughly washed, but also be given with boiling water.
- Even with the softest fruits, the skin needs to be cleaned.
- The fruit pulp is better to grind through a sieve, as it is impossible to achieve an absolutely homogeneous consistency of puree when using a blender.
- To make fruit puree, choose fruit with sweet and sour taste.
If a baby is given a lure from fruit puree from 4 months of age, then by 6-7 months you can add cream warmed with a water bath, prune pulp( steamed) and boiled rice porridge.
Introduction to the ration of babies of apple puree
Apple juice pediatricians recommend giving babies at six months of age.Only after the baby develops an addiction to apple juice, you can enter into the diet of apple puree.Why exactly with the apple doctors recommend starting the lure? Everything is explained by the truly unique properties of the fruit:
- The apple has excellent taste qualities in any form.It is better to cook a millet with juice and mashed potatoes from sweet and sour fruit varieties, since too sweet mashed potatoes will lead to a rejection in the future of neutral dishes( for example, a child may refuse to eat vegetable mashed potatoes).
- The composition of apples includes pectins, vitamins, fructose, tannins, mineral salts and organic acids.
- Apples puree is quickly and fully absorbed by the children's body, stimulates the digestion process.
- The combination of useful ingredients make an apple useful for the growth of a baby - they accelerate it.
- Specific enzymes in the apple stimulate appetite, so if a young woman has a deficit in the recent past, then such a lure can prevent a relapse of the problem.
Apple puree can be prepared from fresh or baked fruit.It is recommended to give babies first a puree of fresh apples and observe the reaction of his body.For example, if there is increased gas production, then the next time it is better to give mashed potatoes from baked apples - it will act as a mild laxative, freeing the baby from constipation.For cooking puree, it is better to choose green sweet and sour apples, because the red can develop an allergy.
Note: red fruit varieties should be given to children who have increased fragility of blood vessels.But such nuances should explain the doctor-pediatrician!Otherwise, parents should act according to the classical scheme.
How to cook apple puree: you need to grate the fruit on a fine grater and several times to pass through a sieve, so that in the finished product there was not even a small lump.Of course, before preparing the dish, the apple needs to be thoroughly washed, peeled off and rinsed of the seeds.
Puree from potatoes and carrots in the newborn's ration
15-20 days after the baby is used to apples, you can start to enter into his diet potato and / or carrot puree.Usually this period coincides with the age of the baby 6, 5 months.The type of mashed potatoes will be radically different from what adults take for food!
First, it is necessary to pay special attention to the choice of root vegetables for mashed potatoes:
- vegetables should be fresh and the best option will be self-cultivation without chemical additives;
- it is strictly forbidden to use fruits for mashing newborns with sprouts, signs of greenery or putrefaction under the skin;
- from the root will need to remove a thick enough layer of peel and soak it for a day in cold water.Freshly peeled potatoes can not be cooked for a baby - it contains too much starch.
Secondly, the best option for babies will be mashed potatoes with greens.Cook it simply: the prepared tuber is cut into small cubes and boiled for 10 minutes, then in the water to it add either greens, or white cabbage in the amount of 2-3 tablespoons and cook everything until cooked.It only remains to drain the water and turn the vegetables into puree either with a blender or by grinding them through a sieve.To improve the taste and consistency of the dish, you can add a tablespoon of milk to it, but it is absolutely not recommended to salt the mashed potatoes.
Thirdly, the mashed potatoes can be varied, only you have to wait until the baby gets used to his original taste.For example, in mashed potatoes you can add carrot( cooked as well) - this will not only add a new flavor to the dish, but also provide the children's body with useful vitamins and nutrients.
At the age of 7 months( with artificial feeding - 5 months) doctors recommend adding to the diet of the baby dishes from prunes.The composition of this fruit contains vitamins and nutritional components, its taste qualities are liked even by the most capricious children, and regular intake of prunes improves digestion and prevents the development of constipation.
How to cook puree puree:
- Fruit thoroughly wash, scald with boiling water and pour boiled water.The time of prunes in water is about 8 hours, it is better to do it at night.
- Berries get out of the liquid( do not pour it!) And wipe through a sieve.If fruits with a thick skin are caught, it is better to remove it.
- In the received fried mass it is necessary to add a little of the liquid remaining from the infusion of prunes, stir well to the state of liquid porridge.
After the baby gets used to such puree puree, you can slightly change the dish.It is recommended not to soak berries for the night, but boil and then beat with a blender.The resulting mass again need to boil for 5-7 minutes, you can add a little sugar to the dish.
Correctly prepared complementary feeding, timely introduction of new products into the diet of a newborn baby will reduce the risk of digestive problems.A gradual adaptation of the child to vegetables and fruits will help avoid allergies, beriberi and dyspeptic syndrome.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category