How to treat hemorrhoids at home: medication and traditional medicine
Hemorrhoids are a disease that is ashamed of.He is rarely consulted with a doctor, at least the majority of people suffer "to the last" and try using folk remedies and some "proven" drugs to treat hemorrhoids themselves.And, by the way, doctors quite seriously say that the treatment of hemorrhoids at home is a reality, only you will need to visit the proctologist once and get an accurate diagnosis, medicinal prescriptions and recommendations regarding the use of funds from the category of "traditional medicine".
Effective treatment of hemorrhoids: medicines and suppositories
It is very important to obtain an appointment for the use of drugs against hemorrhoids - on the pharmacological market there is a mass of medications, butNot all of them are equally useful to different people.
Doctors, as a rule, prescribe local therapy - the use of ointments and suppositories , which have a venotonic, anti-inflammatory, vasoconstrictive and analgesic effect.Of course, the appointment will be individual, but nevertheless there are some general principles for treating hemorrhoids with suppositories and ointments:
- If the disease under consideration is mild and no complications are observed, it is possible to use ointments based on Heparin and Nigepan suppositories.
- In case of acute pain in the beginning of hemorrhoid treatment, candles and ointments with anesthesin or lidocaine can be used, that is, they should provide analgesic action.To such ointments and suppositories from hemorrhoids belong Proctosan, Relief Advance, Procto-glivenol and Emla.
- If the inflammatory process progresses and the hemorrhoids cause a lot of discomfort, the patient can use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for treatment, which include ibuprofen ointments, Piroxecam and Diclofenac.These drugs quickly enough not only relieve the pain, but also stop the development of the inflammatory process, thereby speeding recovery and easing the patient's condition.
- Often, the surrounding anal opening is involved in the inflammatory process, and in this case it is advisable to use antimicrobial and antibacterial drugs for treatment.These include Vishnevsky ointment, Levomikol, Ihtiol, Mafenide acetate.
products. Note: if hemorrhoids are accompanied by bleeding, this is the reason for seeking qualified medical care.Moreover, the doctor should not only diagnose and prescribe treatment, but also conduct a dynamic observation of the disease during the use of various medications.When bleeding is used at once several different medicines - vasoconstrictive, hemostatic, anesthetic and anti-inflammatory.
If we talk about the treatment of hemorrhoids with tablets, then it is worth highlighting several medicines - Detralex, Ginkor Fort and Venarus .They are in the priority of doctors when choosing a treatment regimen for the disease in question.
Read more about the dosage, indications for the use of tablets from hemorrhoids and contraindications in the article on our website.
How to treat hemorrhoids folk remedies
Of course, funds from the category of "traditional medicine" greatly facilitate the patient's condition and even relieve pain and discomfort.But in no case should they become a panacea-without drug therapy with the disease under consideration it can not cope, it will only pass into the chronic form of the current and will progress with time.
You need to prepare a decoction of chamomile pharmacy according to the classic recipe - 1 tablespoon of dry raw materials for 200 ml of boiling water, insist 15-20 minutes and strain.Then the prepared broth should be poured into the latex fingertip and tied, placed in a freezer and held for several hours - "at the exit" you will get an ice candle.This remedy is inserted into the anus at night, the suppositories greatly alleviate the pain and stop the progression of the inflammatory process.
Propolis ointments and mummies
To prepare useful ointments for the treatment of hemorrhoids, you need to mix sea buckthorn oil with mummies, honey or propolis.
Note: mix all the ingredients right away and you can not prepare the ointment, combine sea buckthorn oil with some one medical component.
Call this remedy ointment - it's not true, rather, it's a tool for applications.Proportions: 1 tablespoon sea buckthorn oil and 2 tablespoons honey, propolis or mummy.The prepared ointment is applied to gauze napkins, twists them into tampons and inserted into the anus at night - this is the method of using this remedy in case of internal hemorrhoids.If the external hemorrhoids, then just carefully lubricate the nodes of hemorrhoids for 10 days.
Lotion from onion juice and honey
It is necessary to mix honey and onion juice in equal proportions, then moisten in this medium a wide bandage, folded in several layers, and attach to the anus.This remedy is effective only for the treatment of external hemorrhoids, honey can be replaced with birch tar and propolis.Similar lotions relieve itching, swelling and reduce the size of the hemorrhoids.
This is the most famous method of treating hemorrhoids from the category of "traditional medicine".And it's really effective enough that official medicine recognizes.You just need to cut out the "candle" from the raw, peeled potatoes, its end, which is inserted into the anus, becomes rounded.To insert such potato candles it is necessary for the night and already in 2-4 times the patient's condition will become better.
Treatment with herbs
Even doctors recommend that patients with hemorrhoids be used to treat microclysters with a decoction of various plant components.It should be remembered that the enema should not exceed the volume of 50 ml and it is very desirable to keep the decoction entered into the rectum for at least 2-3 hours, or even better - overnight.Of the most effective herbs that are used for microclysters, you can select chamomile medicinal, celandine and thyme.You can make microclysters and ordinary warm water, but with the addition of propolis or mummies.
In addition, an excellent antipruritic effect in hemorrhoids are the usual mineral oils - Vaseline, glycerin and lanolin, which are applied to dry and clean skin.Quickly remove the pain in the hemorrhoidal nodes can beet and carrots - one of these vegetables must be grated on a fine grater, wrapped in gauze and attach this swab to the knot.You need to keep the remedy until the pain subsides completely.
Note: , before using various drugs from the category "traditional medicine" for the treatment of hemorrhoids, you need to make sure there is no allergy to their components.Honey, propolis, medicinal herbs and even onion juice can act as an allergen, and its entry into the body will only lead to additional problems in the form of a strong allergic reaction.
Diet for hemorrhoids
Treatment of hemorrhoids at home is not only the use of specific medications and various folk remedies, but also strict adherence to diet, correction of the day regimen .The main mistake of patients - compliance with dietary rules only at the time of exacerbation of hemorrhoids, but it is the diet that can prevent the recurrence of the disease in question. To properly prevent the exacerbation of hemorrhoids, you just need to know and follow certain principles of nutrition:
- Intestine should work smoothly, but in a gentle mode, gently.This is promoted by plant food - fiber provides softening of stool and therefore bowel movement occurs easily and timeliness.Such a successful discharge of the intestine minimizes the probability of traumatization of hemorrhoids, and the process of defecation is painless.
- You need to consume enough fluids.This is also very important for softening the stool masses - the denser they are, the slower they move along the intestine and the person is forced to apply efforts to empty it, which is unacceptable with hemorrhoids.Stiffening leads to traumatization of hemorrhoids and formation of anal fissures.
- Diet for hemorrhoids - this is a regular, but fractional food.It is very important in this case to eat at certain hours, which will adjust the intestine to a clear mode of operation.
- If the patient restricts eating meat as part of a diet for hemorrhoids, this can lead to the development of iron deficiency anemia.Do not ignore the periodic passage of a blood test - this will help keep the iron level in the body within normal limits.
What products are allowed to use for hemorrhoids:
- pearl barley, barley, oats and buckwheat groats;
- bread from wholemeal flour;
- pasta made from solid grains;
- any vegetables, and special preference should be given to courgettes, cucumbers.Beets, carrots, cabbage, tomatoes, cauliflower and broccoli;
- apples, bananas, citrus fruits, plums and any dried fruits;
- meat and fish are lean only in boiled, baked or stewed;
- olive and linseed oil;
- any sour-milk products;
- juices, juices and loose tea.
Hemorrhoids do not apply to diseases that pose a danger to human life.And nevertheless, during periods of exacerbation, it is necessary to abandon the use of certain products in order not to provoke the development of complications. These forbidden products include:
- any beans;
- marinades and canned food;
- chocolate, jelly and cocoa;
- potatoes, rice and semolina;
- fresh wheat bread;
- fried foods;
- white cabbage;
If you have any other physical illnesses other than hemorrhoids, then when compiling a diet, you will need to consult with your doctor .The fact is that many products allowed for hemorrhoids can be banned, for example, with cholecystitis or gastritis.In this case, you need to make a menu taking into account all the health features.
Treatment of hemorrhoids at home is a very real and even effective measure.But doctors still insist on going through a periodic examination of specialists - even a properly conducted treatment should be controlled by a doctor, because a slight deterioration in the inflammatory process and an increase in hemorrhoids is difficult to notice on their own.But just such minor changes can aggravate hemorrhoids and lead to the development of complications.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category