Retrograde ejaculation: causes of development, clinical picture.Diagnosis and treatment methods
Retrograde ejaculation is an ejaculation disorder in which the ejection of sperm occurs not through the urethra, but into the bladder.Pathology can lead to infertility.With such a violation, urine acquires a murky color.Libido and orgasm remain at the same level.
Incomplete closure of the muscular sphincter of the bladder leads to retrograde ejaculation.Table of contents: Developmental factors of pathology Symptoms Diagnostic methods Methods of treatment of retrograde ejaculation Surgery for retrograde ejaculation Prevention measures
Factors of development of pathology
Reasons that can lead to retrograde ejaculation are revealed during the survey.From the correct diagnosis of the cause, which provoked pathology, the effectiveness of treatment depends.
The main causes leading to pathology:
- congenital pathologies of the anatomical structure of the male genital organs.This pathology can be eliminated only by the operative method;
- disorder can develop against a backdrop of nervous diseases: multiple sclerosis, spinal cord and spinal cord injuries, diabetic neuropathy;Excess
- urethral valves;
- venous and pelvic congestion;
- Decompensation of carbohydrate and other metabolic species in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus complicated by polyneuropathy;
- sclerosis of the neck of the bladder and pathology of the urethral structure;
- reception of antidepressants, antihypertensive agents, alpha-blockers, antipsychotics;
- circulatory disorders of the urogenital system;
- surgical interventions, which resulted in a change in the natural anatomy of internal organs;
- endocrine dysfunction of the elderly;
- advanced prostate disease;
- widening of the veins of the spermatic cord and the pathology of the genitourinary system;
- narcotic, nicotine or alcohol intoxication.
Retrograde ejaculation can develop as a result of the treatment of heart disease and hypertension. Medications relax the neck of the bladder, and the bulbocavernous muscles that are responsible for ejaculation do not contract.
Important! Often the cause of pathology is self-restraint of ejaculation by a man.
Retrograde ejaculation is not a dangerous disease, but if not started on time, treatment can lead to disastrous consequences.
The main symptoms of the disorder:
- seminal fluid, after the end of the sexual act, is released in small quantities, or not output at all;
- urine after congestion is turbid, however, after a while it acquires a normal color;
Important! Retrograde ejaculation does not cause painful sensations, nor does it affect the erection, satisfaction and degree of sexual attraction of a man.
If any of the above symptoms occur, seek medical attention immediately.
In normal urological examination, this disorder can not be determined.After acquaintance with the patient's complaints and manual examination of the prostate, the doctor is determined with the appointment of additional studies.
If a man at the end of sexual intercourse sperm is released in small amounts, but fertilization does not occur, it is recommended to conduct additional studies of :
- semen biochemistry;
- test of sperm contact with cervical mucus, etc.
These studies can exclude the presence of other diseases.
For diagnostic purposes, the following tests can be assigned:
- urine analysis immediately after sexual intercourse for the presence of sperm in it;
- Ultrasound of the prostate and bladder;
After the diagnosis is made - retrograde ejaculation, the specialist will look for the causes that triggered the pathology.
Attention! Provoking absence of ejaculation can anejaculation.Unlike the retrograde, with this violation in the urine, sperm are not found.
Methods of treatment of retrograde ejaculation
When symptoms of a disorder develop, a man is recommended to consult an andrologist or urologist. After carrying out all the necessary studies for diagnosis, prescribe a treatment to restore antegrade ejaculation.
Generally, treatment takes a long time, except when the disorder is caused by side effects of certain drugs.In this case, they stop receiving them.After a short period of time, the symptoms of the disease pass by themselves.
Methods of treatment of retrograde ejaculation:
- Reflexotherapy.Conservative method of treatment, thanks to which the desired result is achieved in a short period of time.
- Medication in combination with physiotherapy.
- Stimulation of the prostate.
- Electrical stimulation of the vas deferens;
- Surgical method of treatment.
Important! Therapy of retrograde ejaculation of the direction to increase adrenergic tone with a stable contraction of the vas deferens and the neck of the bladder.
The following preparations are used for medical treatment:
- Bromfenramine maleate.
- Ephedrine Sulfate.
Drugs are used only if there are no violations of anatomical neuralgic character.
Successful treatment of retrograde ejaculation depends on the cause of the pathology or concomitant disease.
Important! The effectiveness of treatment of retrograde ejaculation, which has developed as a result of surgery or diabetes, is almost zero.In this case, the nerve endings located on the neck of the bladder are affected and atrophied.
For disorders of the nervous system, treatment of the disorder is carried out using two types of drugs: eliminating neurological disorders and restoring the urogenital system.
Operation with retrograde ejaculation
In case of congenital malformations or disorders of the internal structure, a surgical method is used which will restore the natural anatomy of the system. Surgery is contraindicated in :
- pathologies of internal organs in the stage of decompensation;
- recently suffered a heart attack;
- infectious diseases and inflammatory processes of the genitourinary system during the period of exacerbation;
- stricture of the urogenital canal;
- diabetes mellitus in the stage of decompensation;
- adenoma of the prostate.
Surgical treatment allows you to restore the physiological passage of sperm after ejaculation through the urethra during the first week.
Compliance with certain safety measures will significantly reduce the risk of pathology.Even with insignificant disorders in the work of the organism, the cut must be consulted by a specialist.
When taking medications, monitor your health.If any side effects occur, consult a doctor.
In diabetes mellitus, constantly monitor blood sugar levels.
If you need to take antidepressants or drugs from high blood pressure, you should consult your doctor.He, probably, will change a preparation on analogue, or will change a dosage.
Radevich Igor Tadeushevich, a first-line sexologist andrologist