What to take with tachycardia
Tachycardia is a sudden increase in the rhythm of contractions of the heart.Adults are told about it when the heart rate accelerates to more than 100 beats per minute.Children - depending on age.It should be remembered that in newborns, the frequency of cardiac contractions can sometimes reach 140 beats per minute.This kind of arrhythmia arises paroxysmally.Table of Contents: Summary of the disease General principles of treatment of tachycardia
Summary of the disease
The main causes of tachycardia:
- mental( stress) and physical overload;
- drinking alcohol, smoking, taking caffeine and other stimulants;
- side effects of drugs;
- severe pain;
- environmental factors - heat, height;
- disease( infection, poisoning, shock, bleeding, neurosis, thyroid problems, anemia, trauma, some tumors, etc.).
- Nadzheludochkovaya - the atria are rapidly contracting.
- Ventricular - the ventricles rapidly contract.
Sometimes a tachycardia can be combined( atrioventricular).
The rhythm of this pathology can be permanent( sinus tachycardia), and irregular - arrhythmic tachycardia.
- flutter - rhythmic contractions that partially perform the pumping function of the heart muscle, up to 300-400 beats per minute;
- fibrillation - the pump function is sharply attenuated, the frequency is from 400 to 700 beats per minute( requires immediate assistance).The main manifestations of the condition are:
- unpleasant sensations in the chest( palpitation);
- frequent pulse;
- pain in the heart, shortness of breath, dizziness, changes in blood pressure, fainting;
- alarm, excitement, fear.
The diagnosis is not difficult.The doctor, examines the patient, determines the pulse, listens to the heart, makes the ECG.This data is enough to identify the tachycardia.
General principles for the treatment of tachycardia
Important! Before determining what to take with tachycardia, you need to find out the reasons that led to such a condition.
If the rapid heartbeat develops as a result of external factors and is physiological, then it is easy to eliminate these factors.The rhythm of the heart will recover.
Some diseases with tachycardia also do not require special treatment.
Such states include:
- any types of shock and volume loss of blood;
- infectious diseases;
- trauma and congenital heart disease;
In these cases, in order to get rid of the excessive frequency of cardiac contractions, it is necessary to treat the underlying pathology.
If initially manifested tachycardia and poor health, immediately consult a doctor. In many cases, treatment is carried out at home, but sometimes hospitalization is necessary.Absolute indication for hospital therapy is ventricular fibrillation.
Types of care for heart rate abnormalities:
- mechanical therapy;
- treatment with medical preparations;
- surgical methods;
- electropulse therapy( defibrillation);
- manual for traditional medicine;
- reflexotherapy( acupuncture, point massages)
- preventive treatment;
- diet therapy.
Vagal techniques for tachycardia
People who notice the manifestations of tachycardia are not the first time, do not immediately start using drugs.They are better at first to use special techniques that can restore the normal rhythm of the heart in 50% of cases.At the same time, fresh air should be accessed and tight clothing should be loosened.
Important: receptions should be done only after the correctness of their performance will be shown and monitored by the doctor.
Methods of non-medical emergency:
- Restoring the rhythm with breathing ( Valsalva test) - the patient needs to take a sharp and deep breath, inflating his stomach, trying to strain the muscles of the diaphragm, hold his breath for a few seconds, then exhale with exertionAir through a jet, through tightly compressed lips.Repeat several times.
- Eye pressure( Ashner's intake) - close your eyes, gently press on the eyeballs, gradually increasing the load for 8-10 seconds, then ease the pressure.Repeat the procedure several times.
- Massage of the carotid zone . The area of the carotid sinus is located on the side and outward from the cartilage of the larynx, in a place where it is possible to feel the pulse of the common carotid artery.Pillows of the index, middle finger and ring finger should be found this place and smooth movements to hold a massage.The effect is to do better in a lying position for 7-10 minutes.
- Immersion of face in cold water - draw air into the lungs and immerse the face in a basin of cold water for 5-10 seconds.Reception can be repeated several times;
- To drink a glass of cold water - pour yourself a low temperature water, drink it in small sips.At this point, you should stand flat.Then you should lie on your back, relax.The attack must go away.
If these methods do not help, you should resort to the help of emergency doctors who will carry out the drug therapy on site, or take the patient to the hospital.
Medications for tachycardia: emergency aids
Therapeutic treatment measures include the administration of agents that have antiarrhythmic activity and reduce the heart rate.
In order of emergency treatment, Seduxen is administered 2 ml - 0.5% solution, which is diluted in 20 ml isotonic solution.This mixture is injected into a vein.This tranquilizer causes a decrease in the excitability of the nervous system and leads to a normalization of the rhythm.With the same purpose for tachycardia, it is worth taking Relanium - 2 ml - 0.5%, Droperidol - 2 ml - 0.25% solution.In severe cases, which are not amenable to the described therapy, prescribe minimal doses of narcotic analgesics.
In case of heart failure, Sodium bicarbonate and cardiac glycosides are dripped( Strofantin 0.5 ml - 0.05%, Isolanide, Digoxin).
In addition to the indicated tools for tachycardia, it is possible to apply:
- Novokainamid - 5 ml - 10%, it is injected into a vein on isotonic solution.This drug is recommended for tachycardia with normal blood pressure values.
- Beta-adrenoblockers ( Cordanum, Obsidan, Esmolol, Bisoprolol, Propranolol , etc.) are prescribed strictly by a doctor, with individual selection of doses.The mechanism of their therapeutic effect is based on blockade of cardiac receptors, which react to an increase in adrenaline in the blood, which causes a decrease in the rhythm.They are used both in tablets and in solutions for intravenous, or intramuscular administration.When using them, you should closely monitor the pressure.It must be remembered that they are contraindicated in patients with bronchial asthma.
- Amiodarone( Cordarone) - antiarrhythmic drug with properties of beta-blockers and the ability to expand coronary arteries.It is administered intravenously in an amount of 3 ml of a 5% solution.The drug is contraindicated in pregnancy.
- Verapamil( Isoptin) is a powerful antiarrhythmic drug that improves blood circulation in the heart.Refers to a group of calcium channel blockers.The exchange of calcium in the cells of the tissues of the heart muscle is responsible for its reduction.Blocking the operation of these channels leads to a decrease in the rhythm.This drug with tachycardia should be used for contraindications to the appointment of beta-blockers.It is prescribed both in tablets and in injectable forms.
- Aimalin - preparation of Raouvolfi, reduces the process of myocardial excitability, suppresses the excessive activity of one of the drivers of the rhythm of the heart, the so-called sinus-atrial node.As a result, the arrhythmia attack stops.The dose of 2 ml is 2.5% solution intravenously.
- Ritmilen - antiarrhythmic drug, blocker of sodium channels.It can be used after electrocardiographic confirmation of tachycardia, which occurs as a result of a specific SSS( syndrome of weakness of the sinus node).Only in this case it calms the tachycardia, in all other cases it is contraindicated.Enter 5 ml - 1% solution into the vein.
- Ethmosin - is a drug similar to Ritmilena, but with more possibilities.It should be prienyat almost in any form of tachycardia, especially in combination with other arrhythmias( extrasystoles - extraordinary cardiac contractions).Drip is introduced, in a dose of 4 to 8 ml - 2.5% solution;
- Mesaton - sympathomimetic.This medication is good for tachycardia combined with low blood pressure.Enter 1 ml - 1% solution intravenously.
We listed the main drugs that experts recommend to use for tachycardia.Each of them is assigned individually, depending on the type of arrhythmia.Shown in some cases, they can be useless and even harmful in others.
Surgical treatment methods
Surgical intervention with tachycardia is performed by minimally invasive procedures with failure of conservative therapy.
The goal is to ensure a normal rhythm.
- Artificial rhythm drivers are implanted through the large arteries in the heart, producing impulses identical to the natural cardiac pulses.In addition, they suppress pathological impulses.Modern drivers have the ability to automatically adjust the rhythm, depending on the physical loads and pressure values.
- Radiofrequency ablation.Through intravascular access to the heart, catheters with radiators are used, which determine and suppress pathological sources of rhythm.
This type of treatment refers to resuscitation measures to restore normal heart activity during fibrillation.A powerful electric pulse is given by a special apparatus - a defibrillator.It is possible to carry out discharges again.
The patient should lie on a dry couch, with all metal objects removed from the body.At the time of discharge to the patient it is contraindicated to touch.Defibrillator electrodes are located on the chest.
For the treatment of attacks and for preventive purposes, suffering people are given acupuncture and acupressure.Effective auriculotherapy( acupuncture in the bioactive points of the ears).Acupressure can be used by methods of acupressure.
What advises to take with tachycardia folk medicine
Important: an independent reception of any kind of folk and home treatment must necessarily be agreed with the attending physician, especially if the patient takes medication.Some plant species can neutralize the action of the main drugs, and sometimes cause the effect of their amplification, which can be detrimental to the patient.
Best of all, when traditional medicine is used in preventive measures.
Some folk recipes that are recommended for taking with tachycardia :
- Tincture and infusion of hawthorn is the most effective way of treating arrhythmias and tachycardia.Tincture should be taken at 25-30 drops per day, several times before meals.Infusion drink half a glass three times a day.For the treatment is also useful fruit juice.Hawthorn can be taken in mixtures with motherwort, dog rose.
- Mixture on honey - liter of natural lime honey, in which add: 1 lemon of medium size, on a tablespoon with a hill - dried apricots, prunes, walnuts and raisins.Beforehand, these products should be finely chopped and passed through a meat grinder, then mixed thoroughly with honey.The drug should be taken with tachycardia 2 to 3 times a day for a tablespoon.
- Beet juice.Drink a glass one month in the morning.
Prevention of tachycardia
To reduce the frequency and severity of seizures:
- Carry out a weight adjustment.Extra pounds are the first provoking factor of arrhythmia.
- Observe a diet that excludes excessively greasy foods.People with a tendency to tachycardia are recommended to take vitamins and eat protein-fruit products.
- Refuse from excessive smoking and drinking alcohol.It is best to part with these addictions forever.
- Do moderate exercise.Strong loads are dangerous, and low mobility contributes to the accumulation of adrenaline and the increased frequency of tachycardia attacks.
Alexander Lotin, medical reviewer