Tempering of preschool children: pediatrician consultation
Hardening can be done at any age, but these procedures will be especially important for children.The organism of toddlers can develop an adequate response to various environmental influences and increase resistance to various pathologies.
You can quench a child in various ways - there are many methods of carrying out similar procedures, but first you need to consult a pediatrician after all. The fact is that thoughtless hardening, started not according to the rules, can lead to big problems with the baby's health, and the specialist will make a schedule for hardening and give recommendations to parents taking into account the child's age, physiological characteristics and available somatic diseases.Table of contents: General rules for tempering children Quenching a child with air Quenching children with water
General rules for tempering children
Parents should know some general rules for tempering so that the child's health really benefits .These rules include :
- You should start the hardening procedures only against a background of complete health.This implies that the baby should not have any cold symptoms, nor any manifestations of allergies.
- It is necessary to get advice from a pediatrician who will make an individual program of hardening.
- The hardening process should be gradual, it should not be accelerated in any case.
- All hardening procedures should be conducted systematically, regularly and all year round without holidays and weekends.
Doctors distinguish three hardening factors - air, sunlight and water, which are used for the procedures under consideration.
Quenching a child with air
Everyday hardening begins with air baths, and a similar procedure can be carried out from the first days of the baby's life. When changing a crumb, you need to leave it without clothes for a few minutes, but every day you need to extend the time the baby is undressed. It is necessary to start air baths with comfort temperature, then gradually reduce it, but within reason - it should not be below 17 degrees of heat .Such a gradual decrease in the temperature of the air in the room will avoid supercooling the baby.
Quenching with air also means ventilating the room, walking and sleeping in the fresh air. The effectiveness of these quenching procedures depends not only on how long and how often the child is on the air, but also on the surface area of the body that is open. To ensure complete air hardening, parents should observe the following recommendations:
- outdoor clothing should be selected strictly according to climatic conditions, avoid excessive wrapping of the baby;
- baby's things should be sewn from natural fabrics;
- clothing should not impede the movement of the baby;
- if during a walk the child sweats, then it must be changed, as important clothes can cause hypothermia.
Every day, you need to do with the kid walks lasting 3-4 hours, and, at any time of the year. Of course, the time indicators can be divided into several times, but it is the regularity of walks that will contribute to the training of thermoregulatory mechanisms and adaptation to various weather conditions.
If the child is at the age of 2-3 years, then it is recommended to combine the air baths with the morning gymnastics d.During such activities the child should be in a T-shirt, panties and socks, the room should be ventilated.After a while you can refuse socks and T-shirts, so that the baby does morning exercises in panties.
The effect of air can also be used during the day / night sleep of the .To do this, you need to ventilate the bedroom well, but you should control the temperature of the air - up to 3 years, children will be 19 - 21 degrees of heat, and older and 18 - 20 degrees. Gradually it is possible and necessary to teach the child to sleep with an open window or a transom, not only the warm season, but also in the cold.
Note: pediatricians recommend very small children to be tempered by air by providing a day's sleep in the air.
If we talk about sunbathing, they should be very carefully introduced into the algorithm of hardening - start with placing the child in the shade, then gradually allow the sun's rays to act directly on the exposed surface of the body of the crumbs.Moreover, such direct exposure to the sun's rays should not be more than 5 minutes, and the optimal time will be 9-10 hours in the morning.This is only later, when the parents are convinced of the normal state of health of the baby, it will be possible to increase the time of his stay under the sun's rays.
Note: during sun bathing, it is absolutely necessary to put a light panama on the baby's head and provide it with a drink.
Hardening of children with water
This type of hardening can be divided into daily procedures and special procedures .Daily procedures are washing and washing hands with water, the temperature of which needs to be gradually reduced.You can slightly diversify the washing and make it more extensive - except for the face and hands, the baby ishes the neck, arms to the elbows and the upper chest.Cleaning teeth, by the way, also refers to hardening procedures - for example, it can protect teeth from tooth decay. Brush your teeth and then rinse your mouth and throat with warm water, then the temperature gradually decreases and reaches a possible minimum of 22 degrees .
Special tempering water procedures include wet wipes, swimming in open water, contrasting dipping and swimming.What method can be used for a particular child, the pediatrician should determine. Parents should also remember some of the features of water quenching:
- Rubbing should begin with a dry grinding of the body with a terry towel or a special mitten to lightly redden the skin.The procedure is carried out daily for 7-8 days.Next, go to the wet wiping for 3 minutes, with the temperature of water at the same time should be 30 degrees, but every day it is reduced by 1 degree and brought to room temperature.Every procedure of wet wiping must necessarily be finished with a dry wipe!
- Contrasting douches of feet or hands should be carried out with a jug or watering can, water should alternate between 38 and 18 degrees. If the child is often sick, then he can make a smaller contrast of water temperatures - for example, 38 and 28 degrees .The contrast dousing always ends with cool water, and after that you need to dry dry the skin.
- Pour the entire body of the child for 15 seconds, the water temperature should be 36 degrees at the beginning of the hardening course.Then gradually lower the temperature of the water, and, do it very carefully - 1 degree per week.Simultaneously with the decrease in the water temperature, the time of the procedure is increased to 35 seconds.
- Foot baths can be made in contrast - in one pelvis water should be 38 degrees, in the other - 34 degrees above zero.Every day you need to lower the water temperature in the second basin by one degree, gradually bringing it to 20 degrees.
Note: pediatricians believe that optimal hardening and strengthening of the body occurs during swimming - it can replace all the above procedures from the category of "water quenching".
In addition, parents can teach a child to walk barefoot - this is also one of the methods of hardening, it is highly desirable to do this on a hard surface.
It is absolutely not necessary to apply extreme methods of hardening to children - dousing with water on snow, dipping in an ice-hole, walking barefoot on snow and so on. .Such procedures can trigger the development of stress in the child's body, the consequences of which are most often severe.
Another important warning: if a child is sick( even a common cold), then all tempering procedures should be stopped and they can be restored only after the pediatrician's permission, but not earlier than a week after full recovery.
Dr. Komarovsky, a well-known children's doctor, speaks in great detail about the rules for tempering children:
Quenching a baby has a very positive effect on his health.Parents should understand the importance of the procedures in question, but do not go to extremes - everything should only take place with the permission of the doctor.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category