Euthyroidism: Symptoms and Treatment
Euthyroidism is a condition of the thyroid gland in which this body releases a normal amount of thyroid hormones( triiodothyronine( T3) and thyroxine( T4)), but there are beginning changes in its anatomical structure.In a rule there is also a thyroid-stimulating hormone of the pituitary gland TTG( thyrotropin).Table of Contents: The causes of thyroid euthyroidism Symptoms, complaints and clinical manifestations of euthyroidism Diagnostic criteria for euthyroidism Treatment of thyroid euthyroidism Methods of traditional medicine in the treatment of euthyroidism Prognosis for euthyroidism Preventative measures for euthyroidism
Reasons for thyroid euthyroidism
: on the onset of euthyroidism can be said when the growth of the thyroid gland begins, and the level of hormones does not change.
Most often this condition provokes:
- by decreasing the amount of iodine supplied to the body;
- hormonal imbalance during pregnancy;
- the onset of autoimmune thyroiditis( an euthyroid phase that can last for years, or all of life);
- is a hereditary factor( presence of thyroid gland condition and diseases in the genus);
- unsuccessful environmental background;
- frequent inflammatory pathological processes in the gland tissue;
- with medication( as a side effect);
- with neuropsychic overloads, stress and neurotic reactions, emotional-volitional disorders,
Symptoms, complaints and clinical manifestations of euthyroidism
In asymptomatic cases, euthyroidism is an accidental diagnostic finding in ultrasound of the thyroid gland, radiological methods of examination, MRI.
Euthyroidism, depending on the cause that caused it,
- can be manifested by emotional stress;
- rapid depletion of mental reactions;
- sleep disorders, accompanied by insomnia and drowsiness during the day;
- with unpleasant, pressing pains in the neck and throat;
- sensation of a coma in the throat, accompanied by raspiraniem and problems with swallowing;
- with a visible increase in the size of the thyroid gland;
- fast-acting and severe fatigue.
The most common form of euthyroidism is nodular goiter, accompanied by diffuse tissue overgrowth.
Four forms of this disease are clinically determined:
- nodal goiter with a single enlarged node;
- nodular goiter with multiple enlarged nodes;
- goiter, in which multiple nodes are combined with each other;
- nodular goiter, caused by a deficient state of iodine in the body.
Degrees of process severity( WHO classification):
- 1 - the palpation of the thyroid gland is not felt and is not visually determined;
- 2 - on examination, goiter is not visible, but palpation is noticeable;
- 3 - goitre is well palpable and is determined by visual inspection.
In the manifestations of euthyroid nodular non-toxic goiter, the patient may experience the following clinical manifestations of the process:
- weight loss and visible weight loss;
- uncomfortable sensations of a foreign body, raspiraniya in the chest;
- disturbance of rhythmic activity of the heart in the form of tachyarrhythmias, extraordinary contractions of the heart( extrasystoles) and other disorders.
Diagnostic criteria for euthyroidism
The main diagnostic methods are:
- patient interview and thyroid examination;
- assessment of the content of pituitary hormones( TTG) and thyroid( T3, T4);
- Ultrasound, allowing to assess the state of the thyroid gland, the size and the presence of formations( cysts, nodes, etc.)
Additionally, radioisotope diagnostics( scintigraphy) are performed.Recommended to read:
Treatment of thyroid euthyroidism
The tactics of treating the euthyroid state depend on the results of the diagnosis.In light and stable cases, simply follow-up with control visits to the doctor, the delivery of tests and ultrasound.On average, every six months.
Note: with existing complaints, a choice is made between conservative and surgical methods of treatment.
The pronounced symptoms of euthyroidism and poor health of the patient allow prescribing iodine preparations( Antistrum, Microroyod, Camphoid, Camphodal, etc.), Levothyroxine.
In case of insignificant effectiveness of conservative treatment, presence of a large number of volumetric nodes, cystic formations, progressive thyroid gland enlargement, surgical treatment is recommended.The operation is performed with the obligatory cytological examination and biopsy of the material, to clarify the existing pathological process.
Methods of traditional medicine in the treatment of euthyroidism
It is not necessary to be treated only by folk methods in this case, but some recipes of home preparation can be used as an additional curative aid.Endocrine function of the thyroid gland supports and normalizes the tincture of walnut partitions, infusion and chicory broth, sugar mixture of aronia.
The diet is good to include sea kale - kelp, shrimp, crab.
Forecast of euthyroidism
Euthyroidism itself is a condition that does not require medical measures, but only observations, but in the case when euthyroidism passes into the phase of the disease, medical intervention is required.Observance of the appropriate regime, elimination of harmful factors, diet, regular examinations make the course of euthyroidism favorable.
Prophylactic measures for eutheroosis
Physicians diagnosing diseases, especially with preventive examinations, should pay attention to patients who have a genetic predisposition to thyroid diseases.
People who have developed euthyroidism should avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight, reduce exposure to stressful situations, and perform sanation with frequent nasopharyngeal diseases.Also, avoid living in environmentally unfriendly areas.
Please note : especially one should be careful when taking medications, in particular, antibiotics and hormonal medications.
In pregnancy, women with a tendency to thyroid gland pathology should take iodine preparations for preventive purposes, as pregnancy leads to overstrain of the enzyme and hormonal systems of the body and rapid development of deficiency of necessary minerals, elements and iodine.
People who have been diagnosed with euthyroidism should undergo regular examinations at the endocrinologist, take tests and undergo ultrasound examination of the thyroid.
Alexander Lotin, medical reviewer