Necrospermia: factors of development, diagnosis and treatment
Necrospermia is a condition in which more than half of the spermatozoa are unviable, which adversely affects fertilization.
Modern medicine can offer effective methods of treatment, as well as assistive methods of conception, which will allow a married couple to give birth to a healthy child.Contents: Forms nekrospermii factors for disease diagnostics nekrospermii Treatment nekrospermii
Pathology divided into several forms, depending on the outcome and the number of dead spermatozoa:
- Partial - this type of pathological process characterized byNot less than 20% of viable spermatozoa.
- Reversible - the death of spermatozoa is temporary and occurs under the influence of adverse factors.
- True - complete irreversible death of spermatozoa against a background of hereditary factors, drug and alcohol abuse.
factors for disease
epithelium tortuous tubules testicular sperm forms, and then they fall into the right channels of the epididymis, where they ripen.As they move along the vas deferens, a full-fledged ejaculate is formed.It consists of: secretion of seminal vesicles, sex cells and prostatic fluid.Violation of even one stage of the process leads to a decrease in the viability of spermatozoa.
Reasons for the development of pathology:
- abnormality of the development of the reproductive system;
- surgical interventions and injuries of the urogenital system;
- depleting serious illness;
- venereal diseases;
- is the last stage of cancer;
- diabetes mellitus;
- Radiation exposure and long-term use of certain medications;
- chronic diseases of appendages, seminal vesicles, prostate;
- harmful occupational and environmental factors;
- obesity, hypodynamia;
- hormonal failure.
Most often necrospermia develops due to infectious diseases, sexually transmitted, occurring in the body .Bacteria, getting into the vas deferens, move to the seminal vesicles, the prostate gland and the testicles.They begin to multiply actively in these organs, disrupting the environment and taking away all nutrients, which leads to the death of spermatozoa.
If acute process time does not heal, it develops into a chronic stage.In this case, curing necrospermia will be much more difficult, and fertilization will be possible only with the help of ICSI and IVF.
When diagnosing pathologies such as nekrospermiya primarily assigned semen analysis .It is carried out two or three times because of possible errors in the violation of the procedure, errors during transportation and contamination of the material with foreign chemicals.
It is important that the expert was qualified and could be distinguished from non-viable sperm simply fixed.
Before examination patient is recommended:
- not take a hot bath and not attend baths and saunas;
- for four days to refrain from intimate contact;
- does not take medicines, tonic and alcoholic beverages for a week.
In addition to the spermogram, the specialist prescribes additional research methods that can confirm the etiological disease of the pathology:
- ultrasound of the pelvic organs.It allows to detect the appearance of stagnation of physiological fluids, as well as the proliferation of pathological foci in neoplasms.
- Immunological examination.Identifies antigen-antibody complexes in the development of autoimmune processes in the body.
- Biochemical blood test.With the help of the study, it is possible to detect a disturbance of homeostasis in severe pathologies, to determine a violation of protein metabolism, a change in the concentration of hepatic enzymes.
- Study of the hormonal background.Identifies endocrine disorders in the body.Smears for the presence of sexually transmitted diseases.
- .Allow to detect chronic infections that adversely affect the quality of sperm.
The sooner a man begins treatment, the more likely he is to retain the ability to fertilize.
Treatment of necrospermia
Necrospermia therapy is aimed at treating a disease that caused the development of pathology.With venereal diseases, a course of antibiotics is prescribed.Changes in the endocrine system are normalized by taking hormonal drugs.
Immunosuppressors and immunomodulators are prescribed for autoimmune reactions in the body.They normalize the work of immunity.
Plasmapheresis is used to purify the blood from the antigen-antibody.
In the treatment of the disease, ascorbic acid, tocopherol and B vitamins are widely used. These substances normalize the removal of free radicals, restore metabolic processes in the male sexual sphere, improve the function of the glandular epithelium of the testicles.
It is also recommended to stick to a diet high in foods rich in protein.
In the case of obstruction of the vas deferens, surgical intervention is prescribed.
During the treatment period it is necessary to observe some rules of prevention:
- to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables;
- as an additional treatment can be taken inside the broths of calendula, St. John's wort and sage;
- normalize the regime of the day, perform physical exercises, carry out hardening procedures.
With careful approach, necrospermia can be treated with .In the case of a neglected form of pathology, fertilization is performed with the help of modern reproductive technologies.Fence of spermatozoa from the testicle is performed microsurgically and performs artificial insemination.
Radevich Igor Tadeushevich, doctor of sexopathologist-andrologist of the 1st category