Small penis: causes of pathology, diagnosis, ways to improve the quality of male sexual activity
In men of the Slavonic type, the length of the penis is considered to be 14 cm in the excited state.The lower limit is 9.5 cm. If the genital organ is smaller, this is a pathology called the "micropeniasis".Table of contents: What should be the size of the penis? Causes of a small penis Signs of abnormality Diagnosis of pathology How to enlarge the penis?
What should be the size of the penis
About 80% of men are complexed about the size of their penis.This is due to lack of information about the size of the penis.
The size of the penis is determined by three parameters:
- at rest;
- during an erection;
- at maximum tension.
Measurements are carried out at room temperature to avoid reduction in response to cold.Measure the penis on the back, from the pubis to the edge of the head.The angle between the penis and the anterior abdominal wall should be 90 degrees.
The following factors influence the results:
- general health and age of the patient;
- presence of diseases and abnormalities of the penis;
- thickness of the subcutaneous fat layer above the pubis.
With these factors, a functional and true shortening of the penis occurs.
The genitourinary body, whose dimensions are two and a half times shorter than the average length, is defined as the micropeniasis.This means that with this pathology the penis does not exceed two centimeters in length.
The small penis has a size of not more than 9.5 - 11 cm when stretched or in a state of erection.
Causes of a small penis
Causes may be androgenic and acquired.This pathology develops as a result of disturbances in the production of genital organs and leads to infertility of .
If up to three years the boy's testicles remain in the abdominal cavity and do not descend into the scrotum, the urologist diagnoses Kalman's syndrome.Surgical intervention will not bring the desired results, since in this pathology the formation of pituitary cells responsible for the synthesis of hormones stimulating testosterone is disrupted.
Pathology can be a consequence of Klinefelter's syndrome, a genetic disease in which an extra X chromosome is present in the boy.As a result, the boy has an effeminate physique, narrow shoulders and a micro penis with an underdeveloped scrotum.
The above reasons are related to androgenic.
To the acquired carry:
- Inflammatory and infectious diseases of the testicles;
- trauma and testicular tumor;
- tumor of the hypothalamus, adrenal and pituitary;
- pharmacological, radiation and temperature effects on testicles;
- hyperprolactinemia syndrome;
- Peyronie's disease;
Symptoms of the small penis are observed with:
- retarded mental development;
- undeveloped scrotum;
- with mild hair;
- the wrong size of the eggs;
Signs of deviation from the norm
In addition to anatomical symptoms, the deviation can also be characterized by other signs:
- effeminate physique;
- anomalies and defects of other system organs;
- slightly developed hair;
- deformation of the auricles;
- mental retardation;
- is depressed;
- presence of erectile dysfunction.
Important! If the above signs are manifested during puberty, you should immediately contact an endocrinologist or an andrologist.
Diagnosis of pathology
For diagnosis it is necessary to consult an andrologist, urologist and geneticist.
The first thing you need to do is contact the family therapist, who will direct the young person to a narrow specialist.
As a rule, for the diagnosis of pathology, the following survey methods are prescribed:
- blood test for hormone levels;
- computer and magnetic resonance imaging;
- genetic study of chromosomes and karyotypes to exclude or confirm hereditary pathology;
- radiation method for the detection of inflammatory processes and tumors.
Important! Timely treatment will save the man from physical and psychological complexes in the future.
How to increase the penis?
Pathology is treated in two ways:
- Conservative.It consists in taking hormonal drugs, as well as applying extender and vacuum.
Work on the principle of pressure gradient - the pump removes air from the cylinder, creating a vacuum in the cylinder.As a result, blood from the body enters the penis, as a result of which it increases.
Extenders are external stretching devices for permanent extension of the penis in length.
Attention! Extender is used not only for elongation of the penis, but also for rectifying the organ, for example, with Peyronie's disease.
Using the extender, you can achieve the following results:
- increasing the length by 3-5 cm in an erection state;
- for 2-3 cm in a relaxed state;
- increase in diameter by 1 cm.
The extender is placed on the penis in a relaxed state for 4-10 hours per day.The device is used for 4 to 6 months, depending on the desired elongation.The achieved results remain for life.
Therapy is contraindicated in:
- inflammatory processes of foreskin and head;
- excessively expressed prepuce;
- spiky penis.
Before starting treatment, it is necessary to consult an andrologist.
Treatment is surgically prescribed for: ligamentotomy, phallourethroplasty, corporectomy, implantation.
Anatomical features of fixation of cavernous bodies to pubic bones allow to increase penis length by operation.
Suspension ligament dissection( ligamentotomy) is the most common surgical method that allows the length of the genital to extend to the length that the inner part of the cavernous bodies allow.Perform in conjunction with the plastic skin at the base of the penis.
Possible postoperative complications
There is no objective prognosis for the result of the operation.Everything depends on the anatomical features of the surgical intervention zone.The result will depend on the results of CT and MRI of tissues, ligament length and other factors.
After surgery, complications can develop in the form:
- postoperative scars formed due to long healing of wounds;
- scrolling, excessive dissection of the supporting ligament.This can lead to the location of the penis in the scrotum;
- offset pubic hair;
- retractile penis, in which the member is retracted into the pubic articulation;
- necrosis of a thin or narrowly cut skin flap.
Preventive measures of the small penis:
- exclusion of hormone therapy by the mother during pregnancy;
- control of the level of sex hormones;
- timely observation by a specialist;
- weight normalization;
- rejection of bad habits;
- excluding injuries to the penis;
- refusal to take hormonal drugs.
The aim of the treatment is to improve the quality of life of a man.The earlier the problem is diagnosed, the better the treatment will be.This will avoid complexes and discomfort in the future.The treatment is aimed at normalizing sexual life and restoring the reproductive function.It is better if the pathology is eliminated in childhood.
Radevich Igor Tadeushevich, the doctor of the sexopathologist-andrologist of 1 category