What to take when poisoning
Jun 06, 2018
Poisoning is characterized by a violation of the normal activity of the body as a result of ingestion of toxic substances into it by an endogenous( external) or exogenous( internal) route.Poisoning can be domestic, suicidal, industrial, alcoholic, of which household are observed in 95% of cases.To get into the body of poison can not only through the mouth, but also the skin, lungs, mucous, as a result of the bite of a poisonous animal.Table of contents: Main principles of poisoning treatment Algorithm of actions for the first symptoms of poisoning Indications for hospitalization in poisoning What to take when poisoning at home Diet for poisoning Recipes of traditional medicine for poisoning What is prohibited from poisoning
About poisoning will be indicative of such symptoms:
- liquid stool;
- inadequate behavior of the patient;
- cold and sticky sweat;
- possible burns( skin of the body, tongue, lips);
- impaired consciousness( this is a sign of severe poisoning);
Note : if this symptomatology is present, do not delay, the sooner the treatment is started, the less likely the development of complications and the worsening of the patient's condition.
Main principles of poisoning treatment
First you should call a doctor who can adequately assess the patient's condition and prescribe the right treatment. In parallel it is important to ensure the implementation of such principles of poisoning treatment:
- elimination of intoxication of the body, by removing toxins from it;
- prevent the state of dehydration;
- recovery of intestinal microflora;
- normalization of the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract through proper and rational nutrition.
Important: The should be understood as the difference between treating poisoning and intestinal infections that require the intake of antiviral and antibiotic drugs in order to eliminate the infectious agent that multiplies in the body.In addition, the intestinal infection is usually an enterovirus, salmonellosis, dysentery, rotavirus, which are treated for a long time and more often in stationary conditions.
Algorithm for the first symptoms of poisoning
Early treatment is the key to the patient's fast recovery, as this will minimize the effect of intoxication on his body:
- Purification.Vomiting during poisoning is not only a symptom, but also a protective reaction, by which the body relieves toxins.In this period it is important to wash the stomach as much as possible, to clean water.That is, after the first episode of vomiting, you should drink from 1 to 15, a liter of warm water( slightly salted or with the addition of several crystals of potassium permanganate) and call it again.Thus, the stomach will get rid of more food.In the absence of the urge to vomit, it is not necessary to force it, as, most likely, the toxins are already in the intestine.
- Hunger.It is adhered to if there is no appetite, and this happens very often with poisoning.To abstain from food, if the patient already wants to eat, is inappropriate.The stomach and intestines should work, so light and diet food is allowed.This does not happen immediately, for 2-3 days.Optimum to eat according to the scheme - banana, rice, apple( baked).Due to the fact that the digestive tract does not function physiologically, one should still hunger for the first 24 hours.
- Refund of liquid.With diarrhea, as well as vomiting, the body loses a lot of fluid, and its excess greatly worsens the patient's condition.At home after each act of defecation, you should drink up to 200 grams of clean water, glucose-brine, herbal decoction.It is important to drink in small sips.
- Natural cleansing of the intestines.It is impossible to stop diarrhea, as this is the main way of excretion of poisonous substances.Therefore, taking antidiarrhoeal drugs should be postponed in this period and carried out only after consulting a doctor.If you do not let the calves out of the intestine, it will only intensify the processes of putrefaction in it, and toxic products will not be excreted from the body, but absorbed intensively by the walls of the intestine.
Indications for hospitalization for poisoning
Most of household poisoning does not require treatment in the hospital, but in severe cases it is mandatory, especially when there is a threat to life to the patient. In particular, hospitalization is necessary in such cases of poisoning:
- child up to 6 years old( children of this age can not always drink the right amount of fluid, which often ends with dehydration);
- poisoning with mushrooms, plants, acids, meadows, household chemicals;
- is a pregnant woman at any gestation period;
- severe poisoning( diarrhea more than 10 times a day, persistent vomiting, stool with blood, rapidly growing weakness, high body temperature for 2 days or more).
What to take for poisoning at home
Easy poisoning requires optimal drinking regimen and appropriate diet, the need for specific treatment may not be.In all other cases, the doctor prescribes drugs from the list below according to the indications.
- Regiants.They are used for rehydration therapy, which is the basis of the entire treatment.Its task is to restore the deficit of lost water and electrolytes.Conduct it orally, if the current is severe - parenteral.Rehydration is performed orally at home with special solutions: Regidron, Oralite, Litrosol.For parenteral administration use Lactosol, Acesol, Quartazol.
- Enterosorbents.They are used for sorption therapy, which is aimed at the fastest elimination of toxins.It is advisable to take them in the absence of vomiting and 2 hours before taking the main drugs.Most often use such drugs: Smecta, White coal, Enterosgel, Polysorb.
Important: does not undergo sorption therapy at high temperature!
- Spasmolytics.Their task is to eliminate the pain syndrome that can accompany diarrhea.Drugs of choice are Spazmalgon, Drotaverin.
- Antipyretic.When poisoning is optimally knocked down by the temperature of NSAIDs( Ibuprofen) or Paracetamol, combined drugs in the form of Ibuklin.
- Antiemetic drugs.They are prescribed, when vomiting is permanent and does not bring relief to the patient, does not allow for rehydration therapy.A good antiemetic effect is possessed by Domrid and Tserukal.
- Probiotics.They are indicated for the restoration of normal intestinal flora.The biocenosis of the intestine is most affected by poisoning, therefore it is necessary to include the following in the curative scheme: Bioflora, Bifidumbacterin, Bionorm, Lineks, Bactisubtil.
- Antidiarrheal drugs.With incessant diarrhea, when most of the toxins have already come out with calves, Trimebutin is prescribed, Loperers.
- Antibiotics.As already mentioned, they can only be prescribed by a doctor when poisoning is administered.Immediate indications for their use are mixed poisonings, in which case they use: Phthalazol, Nifuroxazide, Furazolidone, Ersefuril.
Important : unreasonable intake of antibiotics for poisoning, as well as other antimicrobial agents, only complicates the course of the disease, by aggravating the already existing intestinal dysbacteriosis.
Diet for poisoning
It is important to maintain a gentle diet, drink a lot to prevent dehydration.It is optimal to eat in small fractions and in small portions, only fresh food, processed thermally, not greasy, salty and not spicy.Ideally, if the food is steamed, stewed, served in a puree state.A strict diet is shown 3-4 days, after you can gradually switch to the usual food, but with the exception of some products.
Note: diet for poisoning is aimed at minimizing the load on the gastrointestinal tract and returning it to the state of physiological functioning as quickly as possible.This is the same part of the treatment as the medication.
Foods that can not be eaten by poisoning: The use of folk remedies at home in the fight against poisoning is permissible only with easy flow and after consultation with the attending physician. In addition to the mandatory principles for poisoning, you should also know what can not be done in this case: Plisov Vladimir, medical reviewer
Recipes of traditional medicine for poisoning
What is prohibited from poisoning
Foods that can not be eaten by poisoning:
The use of folk remedies at home in the fight against poisoning is permissible only with easy flow and after consultation with the attending physician.
In addition to the mandatory principles for poisoning, you should also know what can not be done in this case:
Plisov Vladimir, medical reviewer