Amaranth: benefit and harm
One of the unusually beautiful externally and undeservedly forgotten crops is the amaranth, the useful properties of which again make it popular in the consumer market of all countries of the world.It is this cereal that is gaining special popularity in the conditions of the gluten-free diets, so popular today, in recent years.Of course, it is not so famous as soy, rye, wheat, but it already stands in one line with flax seeds, chia, kinva.
Interesting fact: is an amaranth, or shirits was known and widely used as a daily food 2,000 years ago.Its literal translation means "denying death".It was this cereal that the Aztecs gave babies and long-time warriors took to the distant campaigns.
Composition of amaranth
The composition of the shirin is amazing, therefore it is quite natural that the useful properties of amaranth in the context of current trends towards eco-culture have once again provoked interest, both among ordinary consumers and those who are extremely keen to watch their bodies andHealth, and in scientific researchers, physicians.
Nutritional value of 100 g:
- Calories 371 kcal
- Protein 6g
- Fats 7g
- Carbohydrates 3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7 g
- Water 29 g
The chemical composition of amaranth followsSeparately to highlight the presence:
- of the richest vitamin group - K, A, B, C, PP, E;
- an unusually wide range of amino acids;
- proteins, fats - 16 and 7% respectively;
- starch, pectins, flavonoids;
- copper, zinc, manganese, iron, magnesium, calcium, sodium, phosphorus, potassium;
In order to better understand all the useful properties of amaranth, we can cite the following comparison:
- for qualitative characteristics, the shirits protein is more than 2 times larger than the composition of similar substances in more familiar wheat;
- the volume of magnesium from 2 to 5 times the size exceeds the content in wheat, rice.
Valuable elements are contained not only directly in the amaranth seeds, but also in the leaves, the stalk of the shirin.Therefore, for the preparation of a variety of dishes, all parts of this plant are applicable.Nutrition of grains deserves special attention - the Japanese have long put amaranth in one line with the nutritional value of squid meat, and the sprouted croup is compared with milk.
Interesting fact: amaranth was banned for consumption by Peter the First, while in China it was widely used in folk medicine as an effective anti-aging agent.And in ancient Greeks, this cereal was considered a symbol of immortality.
Useful properties of
The benefits of amaranth have been confirmed to date by numerous scientific studies that have been provoked by a variety of opinions on the newly gaining popularity of cereals.
Among the most important properties, a beneficial effect on the skin condition is noted, not only as a cosmetic remedy for aging, for smoothing wrinkles, wrinkles, increasing the elasticity of fading skin.It is very effective to treat a variety of skin diseases, cuts, wounds, purulent abscesses.
Important! The richest chemical composition of fatty acids helps stabilize blood pressure and stimulate the smooth muscle. The use of boiled amaranth with fruits for children from the year and pregnant women will be useful.
Shiritsa is able to neutralize and remove free radicals from the human body.This has a beneficial effect on the metabolism, the amount of cholesterol and glucose in the blood, and on the general state of health.It is especially important to include this product in the regular diet when staying or working in regions with an increased radiation background.
It has been noted a significant benefit of amaranth, if you use the juice of this plant for the treatment of diseases of the throat, mouth.Decoction of leaves and grains used to strengthen immunity, to improve the condition of blood vessels and the functioning of the heart.Tincture of shirits can quickly remove signs of all sorts of gastrointestinal diseases.
Harm to amaranth
No specific contraindications amaranth has. General recommendations include possible harm only if:
- is an individual intolerant of substances that make up the shin;
- cholecystitis in acute form.
Possible manifestations of harm to amaranth are mainly in light attacks of nausea and dizziness.
Interesting fact: in Sweden there is an award - the Order of Cavaliers of Amaranth.It was created by Queen Christina back in 1653.
Application of amaranth in cosmetology
As mentioned above, the benefits of amaranth are widely noted in cosmetology and folk medicine.We offer some of the most popular recipes, the preparation of which and the application will not take you much time, and the effect will be expressive.
- To prepare a mask that is excellent for all skin types and eliminates the shortcomings of any kind of epidermis, it is enough to mix 2 tbsp.L.Juice from the leaves of amaranth and sour cream.Hold this mixture on the face and neck for about 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- For daily use, you can prepare a special cleansing lotion.It is prepared very easily - 2-3 sheets of fresh green herbs must be filled in 1 tbsp.Boiling water and infuse for about 1 hour.Filtered infusion use to clean the skin up to 4 times a day.
- And if you are somewhat embarrassed by the condition of your hair, then take up to 8 leaves of amaranth green and fill them with 1 liter of boiling water.After a day of infusion, dilute with water in a ratio of 1: 1 and 1-2 times a week, rinse your hair after a usual wash.This infusion gives a good conditioning effect and gives a special shine to the curls.
- If you are struggling with the problem of hair loss, it is enough to rub the amaranth oil in the scalp before washing for 1 to 6 months.