Treatment of kidneys at home
Jun 19, 2018
Kidney disease can lead to serious complications without proper treatment.Glomerulonephritis, urolithiasis, pyelonephritis - these pathologies of kidneys doctors recommend to treat in a hospital under the constant supervision of specialists.But patients often wonder whether these diseases can be treated at home.Experts argue that if the pathology is in remission, there are no serious complications, then this is quite real.Table of contents: Glomerulonephritis Pyelonephritis Urolithiasis
This disease is characterized by lesions of the glomeruli of the nephron.If glomerulonephritis develops acutely and for the first time, or proceeds in a chronic form and is in a period of exacerbation, then treatment should be carried out only in a medical institution.But when the patient's condition is stabilized, the state of health has improved, he is being discharged home - this does not mean that you can stop treatment, you just need to know how to conduct it at home.
In order to achieve a complete and long-term remission, patients diagnosed with glomerulonephritis who are on home treatment should follow the following recommendations:
- Receiving medicines that have been prescribed by the attending physician.And, medicines should be taken in the exact schedule, in accordance with the prescribed dosages.According to the doctor's decision, antibacterial agents( antibiotics), hormonal drugs and / or cytotoxic drugs can be prescribed - everything depends on the medical history, the stage of glomerulonephritis development.If the disease is accompanied by an increase in blood pressure, and for the disease in question is a frequent phenomenon, the patient should take antihypertensive drugs.
- Strict adherence to the diet.In case of exacerbation of glomerulonephritis, the patient is assigned a dietary table number 7 according to Pevzner, which includes the following recommendations:
- exclude salts from the diet, or limit its amount to 2 grams per day;
- periodically spend unloading days, in which pumpkins, potatoes, oranges, watermelons are used - they practically do not contain sodium;
- periodically use a non-diets diet - within a day it is allowed to consume only 500 g of sugar along with juices and tea;
- to limit the amount of fluid consumed per day to 600 ml, but only if the patient has swelling;
- from protein products you can eat only cottage cheese and egg white, everything else is excluded.
Note: as the exacerbation of the exacerbation of the diet expands, it may include meat, fish and more liquid.But such an extension should be agreed with the attending physician, although "experienced" patients can determine the moment when they can "relax".
- Lifestyle.Patients should avoid hypothermia - this will necessarily provoke another exacerbation of chronic glomerulonephritis.
This is an infectious disease in which the renal pelvis is affected.Pyelonephritis can flow in acute form or in chronic, but treatment in the hospital will be prescribed only if the chronic process worsens or if the pathology first develops.After the patient's condition is stabilized, he is discharged to an outpatient treatment under the supervision of a doctor.Of course, each of the patients wishes either to introduce pathology into persistent remission, or to prevent the transition of the acute form of pyelonephritis to chronic.And for this it will be necessary to follow certain recommendations for the treatment of the disease at home. These include:
- Reception of antibacterial agents.They can appoint only a doctor, he also will give recommendations regarding the duration and frequency of antibiotics.As a rule, within 12-24 months the patient should drink specific drugs for courses - they consume antibiotics on average for 10 consecutive days at the beginning of each month.To prevent the resistance of microorganisms to specific antibacterial drugs, specialists appoint courses erythromycin, amoxicillin, nitrofuran series and others, alternating each month.
- Phytotherapy.Her patients should spend in breaks between courses of reception of antibacterial preparations.Medicinal plants also need to alternate - drink a course in 2 weeks one herb, then buy another.The most popular for the treatment of pyelonephritis are field horsetail, bearberry, cowberry, birch buds, strawberries, licorice root.
- The correct drinking mode.If there is no edema in the diagnosed pyelonephritis, then a fairly large amount of fluid should be consumed - copious drinking is one of the important factors contributing to recovery.Urologists recommend drinking so much fluid that the urine goes out about 2 liters a day.It is highly desirable to use mineral water - Smirnovskaya or Slavyanskaya.
- Dietary food.With pyelonephritis, nutrition is more diverse even during periods of exacerbation of the chronic process than with glomerulonephritis.First of all, patients can not exclude from the diet meat, fish, dairy products, it will be very useful to include in the diet vegetables and fruits.
Physicians are well aware that urolithiasis develops for several reasons, including:
- small amount of fluid used;
- diagnosed pyelonephritis;
- hard drinking water;
Therefore, treatment of urolithiasis at home should be based, first of all, on compliance with the diet. And, the peculiarity of compiling a dietary diet will depend on what kind of stones are in the kidneys:
- Oxalate stones - it is necessary to limit the use, or completely exclude from the menu, sorrel, chocolate, blackcurrant, milk, hard cheese andSoft varieties, cocoa, strawberries.It is necessary to limit the intake of those products that contain calcium and ascorbic acid in their composition.
- Uranium stones - you need to limit the use of purine compounds.It will be necessary to exclude cocoa, legumes, meat, coffee and chocolate from the diet.
- Phosphate stones are extremely cautious and in small quantities you can use sick milk products, and you must give up milk, cheese and fish.
It is essential that a therapy aimed at getting rid of urogenital infections should be performed as part of the home treatment of urolithiasis.And it is important to adhere to the correct drinking regimen - a day the patient should drink about 2 liters of liquid.
Treatment of kidney diseases at home is entirely possible, but only on condition that all appointments and recommendations are given by the attending physician, and not selected by the patient himself.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category