Cranberry: Benefit and Harm
Everyone knows from childhood: cranberries are useful berries.A cranberry mors is one of the most delicious home-made drinks.
"Officially" the same cranberry is called the whole group of flowering plants from the heather family.This group combines numerous species of creeping small shrubs growing in the marshes of the northern hemisphere.And the berries of all these shrubs are edible - they are very widely used in cooking.Plus in medicine and cosmetology.
Nutritional value and composition( chemical) cranberry
- Calories: 28 kcal
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Fat: 0.2 g
Show the full list »
- Carbohydrates 3.7 g
- Dietary fiber: 3.3 g
- Organic acids 3.1 g
- Water: 88.9 c
- Mono- and disaccharides: 3.7 c
- Ash: 03 c
- Calcium 14 mg Magnesium
- 15 mg Sodium
- mg Potassium 119 mg
- Phosphorus 11 mg
- Vitamin PP: 0,2 mg
- Vitamin B1( thiamine): 0.02 mg
- Vitamin B2( riboflavin) 0.02 mg Vitamin B6
- (pyridoxine): 0.08 mg
- Vitamin B9( folic): 1 ug
- Vitamin C: 15 mg
- Vitamin E( TE) 1 mg
- Vitamin PP( niacin equivalent): 0.3 mg
- Iron: 0.6 mg
The cranberry leaves and berries so many useful substances for the human body that it can assume nA truly unique natural product.This collection of vitamins and minerals.
There are a lot of cranberries:
- useful sugars( fructose, glucose);
- organic acids( malic, cinchona, citric benzoic, chlorogenic, ursolic, oxalic, succinic, γ-hydroxy-α-ketobutyric, oleanolic and α-ketoglutaric);
- pectin compounds.
The vitamin content of the berries is also rich.It contains vitamin C, and in such quantities that the cranberries of nutritionists are equated to citrus fruits and garden strawberries.In addition, there are vitamins B, PP and K1( phylloquinone).
Cranberry berries and leaves are the most valuable sources of other substances useful to humans:
- anthocyanins and leucoanthocyanins;
- flavonols and phenolic acids.
Cranberries are a repository of macro-and micronutrients positively affecting human health.It has a lot of potassium, iron, phosphorus, calcium.There are molybdenum, manganese and copper.Iodine, barium, magnesium, nickel, cobalt, boron, lead, silver, tin, chromium, zinc, titanium and aluminum are present.
As for nutritional value, the cranberry berries are not at all caloric.Dried berries, of course, are much more calorie, but the concentration of nutrients in them is many times greater.
How cranberries are useful
The benefits of cranberries are so great that it is difficult to find a berry that has a beneficial effect on the human body.
Cranberry juice and juice are able to restore strength in a short time and help fight the cold.They are prescribed convalescent after serious illnesses and surgical intervention.Introduce in rations of children and the elderly, as an effective restorative means.
In addition, cranberries "work" as an effective means of prevention.It is able to strengthen the immune system and stimulates the protective functions of the human body.
Useful properties of cranberries are relevant for patients with:
- with various infectious diseases;
- with cystitis, kidney stones and other problems of the genitourinary system;
- heart and vascular disease;
- hypertensive disease( cranberry mors almost instantly lowers blood pressure).
Berries and cranberry leaves:
- strengthens the walls of the vessels, making them much more elastic;
- are struggling with the formation of thrombi, atherosclerotic plaques;
- block the entry of "bad" cholesterol into the body.
From cranberry berries make an amazing ointment, which effectively heals:
- dry eczema;
- lichens of different etymology;
- burns and abscesses, wet wounds.
Cranberry juice also kills lice, so it can be considered an effective remedy for pediculosis.
Thanks to the fact that cranberries contain pectins, cellulose and fiber, its berries:
- normalizes digestion;
- stimulates the proper functioning of the pancreas and intestines;
- are an excellent preventative against the formation of gastric ulcers;
- relieve the symptoms of exacerbation of colitis and gastritis.
Cranberries are indicated for inclusion in the menu of patients with gynecological diseases.And in the rations of tuberculosis patients.
Cranberry juice prevents the development of caries and kills pathogenic bacteria in the mouth.
As for use in cosmetology, the extract of this "juvenile berry" is included in numerous creams, masks, serums, lotions and fluids.In addition, cranberries have amazing cleansing and antioxidant properties, so the flesh and bones of its berries are included in the compositions of the most effective scrubbing products.
What is harmful is the cranberry
Along with the benefits, doctors also note the damage to cranberries.Handle this berry very carefully.Especially people suffering from some chronic diseases.
Contraindications of cranberries are relevant for patients with liver diseases.This berry is harmful to those who have increased acidity.It is also not recommended for eating hypotension.
It is necessary to exclude cranberry juice and fresh cranberries to people with increased sensitivity of tooth enamel.And also to those who are currently taking medications of the sulfamide group.
Recommendations for the use of cranberries
Those who love the "miracle-berry" cranberries, you should know that there is it better according to the rules of :
- Not fasting.
- Rinse mouth after each use.
- When creating beverages do not boil, but simply pour boiling water.
And then the body will only benefit with cranberry berries.